taped 2014-07-18 @ Arena México
Read the rest of this entry »
AAA TV (SUN) 09/07/2014 Lienzo Charro, Pachuca, Hidalgo
1) Dinastía, Ludxor, Venum vs El Apache, Mamba, Mini Abismo Negro
2) Bengala & Faby Apache vs Eterno & Taya Valkyrie
3) Aerostar vs Súper Fly
4) Argenis, Jack Evans, Joe Lider vs Daga, Demon Rocker, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
5) ? & Psycho Clown vs Averno & Texano Jr.
6) Myzteziz vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo
Air Date: 09/13 and 09/20
The last Myzteziz/Perro Aguayo match was July 2008 in Arena Puebla. (Perro won.) That was the year CMLL seemed to be planning to do the mask versus hair match, only Perro was hurt on a reality show and quit to start Perros del Mal instead of returning. It seems like match which ought to be saved for a bigger show (but then, it happened in Arena Puebla so they weren’t exactly saving it then either.) That match should be something.
I don’t think the mystery person in the semimain is Alberto, but I’m sure AAA would be happy if you thought it could be. Working backwards: Texano versus Alberto seems a good bet for December, which means Texano could probably use a win before hand at Heroes Inmortales to rebound, except you wouldn’t want it to be Psycho Clown again because it’s been done and it’d be counter productive, so the mystery guy might end up being the next challenger. Maybe Mesias is in that spot? Maybe Wagner faces/loses to Texano as part of his deal for coming back? That would be my new favorite AAA deal.
Four match is a weird assortment of people, names pulled out of the hat situation. It’s so random that maybe there’s some method to the madness which might be revealed later? I hope for too much.
Vampiro and Hugo, who’s microphones live on the iPPV feed about 10 minutes prior to the show and were not informed of this, read notes about how Aerostar/Super Fly was supposed to a point of emphasis in the opener. The plan was for them to actually go somewhere with this Sunday, though it’s always subject to change. Aerostar and Super Fly can force the issue with a good match here.
First two matches could be good. Taya and Faby feud should go on for quite some time. Dinastia is a slightly different partner for Ludxor and Venum than recent pal Nino Hamburguesa. Cool that Mamba can be in matches without fellow exoticos.
Fantasma got his big win, may go a month without TV appearances. So it goes in AAA land. There’s so many guys who belong on TV and not enough places for them under the current format.
That taping schedule means AAA should be next taping around the CMLL Anniversary show weekend. Maybe around Mexico City?
CMLL (MON) 08/18/2014 Arena Puebla [Periodico Enfoque, Periodico Enfoque (fotos)]
1) Disturbio, Guerrero Espacial, King Jaguar b Astro Aéreo Jr., Asturiano, Flyer
Astro’s debut. Asturiano hasn’t been around since he defeated Pequeno Warrior.
2) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Lluvia b Amapola, La Seductora, Tiffany
Tecnicas took 1/3.
3) Eléctrico © b Espíritu Maligno [MEX LIGHT]
Electrico took falls 2/3 to keep the title. Electrico’s second defense.
4) Máscara Dorada, Máximo, Super Porky b Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
Maximo switched with Atlantis. Tecnicos took 2/3, Porky winning with a big splash the same way his daughter had done earlier.
5) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. b Pólvora, Rey Escorpión, Shocker
Atlantis switched with Maximo. Volador snuck in a foul on Escorpion.
CMLL announced the 09/19 CMLL Anniversary show would include a Copa 81 Aniversario with Princesa Sugehit, Marcela, Goya Kong, Estrellita, Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis and Dalys. It’s not specifically said to be a cibernetico but Copas usually are. It’s nice to see the women are being included, but it’s also not a match that’s going to sell more tickets on the face of it. The press release implies matches will be added to the card regularly prior to 09/19, instead of just all being dropped at once closer to the show.
After saying there would be an announcement about lucha libre on Monday, El Rey made no announcement about lucha libre on Monday.
Marco, Maximo, Stuka vs Shocker, Mephisto and Ephesto is the CMLL Arena Mexico today. Black Panther versus Arkangel is today’s lightning match, and they’ve been going up on YouTube pretty quick of late. Ingobernables face Peste Negra in Guadalajara, with a Titan versus Gran Guerrero underneath.
DTU’s run of shows start today in Arena Aficion. Main event is an Angel o Demonio/Ovett title match. There will be blood.
The #1 on CMLL’s top 10 list is CMLL. Not sure about the voting there. Kraneo is #10. The #10 is more fun each week because there’s usually only 7-9 good ideas but it’s a top 10 list. They have to get creative.
This week’s SuperLuchas #531 will cover SummerSlam & TripleMania. It’s going out today, so that’s pretty quick turnaround.
Speaking of stupid, cell phone video of Chessman’s dive off the top of the cage. He did it during the entrances, when the cameras wouldn’t be on the ring, the lights were off, and no one on TV saw it.
Galactar beat Titanik in a mask match on 08/17. Titanik is José Juan Hernández Díaz con 19 años de profesional.
LuchaWorld has Poster-Mania for the week.
Ohtani’s Jacket reviews a nothing Negro Casas match with an amusing promo (keep scrolling to the comments.)
A story on Guatemala lucha libre. The writer visited a Corporacion AAA show. There are often posters for that arena, Arena Coliseo Guatemala, and Arena Guatemala Mexico.
CMLL (MON) 08/25/2014 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, Black Tiger, Milenium vs Artillero, El Rebelde, Súper Comando
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Súper Halcón Jr., Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Blue Center, King Jaguar, Metálico
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón vs Morphosis, Olímpico, Ripper
4) Marco Corleone, Super Porky, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Vangellys
5) Volador Jr. vs Rey Escorpión
Volador and Rey Escorpion have split their two previous singles matches.
Rebelde returns in the opener, which narrows suspicion for Hombre sin Nombre. Also, that opener could be pretty good.
I haven’t got all the missing videos from last week and I’m uncertain when I’ll be able to share them. More important obligations mean the TV versions of CMLL C3, CMLL Fox and AAA won’t be posted regularly for at least the next month, and maybe a little longer than that. Instead, I’ll start breaking up Lucha Azteca into matches (next week, since this week is taken care of) and I’ll see what I can do about recording the web feeds for the other shows.
Monterrey was all reruns. Puebla returned, but it was also a rerun. A very slow week.
The TripleManiaTV iPPV is working now, so I wont’ be posting the PPV here.
YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7QkdpCoFHxYZ-1DZfEFCZAe
08/13 CMLL Informa: http://ul.to/kszx0a6x
08/17 Sobre el Ring: http://ul.to/s6sj9ctc
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2014-08-09
taped 2014-08-01 @ Arena México
1) Marcela & Princesa Sugehit vs La Seductora & Princesa Blanca for the mask and for the hair
2) La Sombra © vs Volador Jr. for the NWA World Welterweight Championship
3) Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Máscara Dorada vs Rey Escorpión, Shocker, Último Guerrero
4) Rush vs Negro Casas for the hair
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2014-08-16
taped 2014-08-05 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
Full Show: http://ul.to/6s5eqgs8
1) Gallo, Omar Brunetti, Smaker vs Disturbio, Olímpico, Virus
2) Black Panther, Blue Panther, Cachorro vs Felino, Puma, Tiger
3) Rush vs Último Guerrero
IWRG Zona XXI: 2014-08-16
taped 2014-08-13 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Dragón Celestial & Seiya vs Electro Boy & Hip Hop Man
2) Emperador Azteca & Relámpago vs Ciclon Black & Tony Rivera
3) Golden Magic © vs Canis Lupus for the IWRG Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
4) Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Metaleon vs Ironía, Spider Boy, Yakuza [captains hair]
Lucha Azteca (CMLL): 2014-08-16
taped 2014-08-01 @ Arena México
Full Show: http://ul.to/7y5l7kkb
1) Marcela & Princesa Sugehit vs La Seductora & Princesa Blanca for the mask and for the hair
2) Rush vs Negro Casas, hair vs hair
CMLL on Terra: 2014-08-17
taped 2014-08-17 @ Arena México
1) Flyer & Metatrón vs Cholo & Inquisidor
2) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Starman vs Kamaitachi, Metálico, Okumura
3) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Máximo vs Misterioso Jr., Pierroth, Sagrado
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. vs Pólvora in a lightning match
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas © vs Máscara Dorada, Stuka Jr., Valiente for the Mexican National Trios Championship
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Gran Guerrero, Rey Escorpión, Último Guerrero
thoughts on the TripleMania show presentation from Sunday night, plus some news.
straight TripleMania results, for posterity
Results from Arena Mexico and Arena Coliseo Guadalajara.
IWRG results and other notes from shows over the weekend.
Links about Del Rio’s firing, TripleMania interviews, and lucha in Japan.
New lineups for this upcoming week: IWRG, DTU, Coliseo, Guadalajara.
I’ve got a recap post up around 8. I’ll be back tomorrow morning with the video update. We’ve got the full Juicio Final, but we’re missing other shows (and it may just have to be that way for a while.)
Puebla’s big match tonight is Electrico defending his title against Espiritu Maligno. It’d be a big upset for a title change, but would mean more than usual if the Puebla non-mini got the win.
IWRG (WED) 08/20/2014 Arena Naucalpan
1) Matrix Jr. vs Látigo
2) Seiya & Sky Ángel vs Atomic Star & Electro Boy
3) Dragón Celestial vs Hip Hop Man
non-title, but building to a title match
4) Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Veneno vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
5) Golden Magic & Relámpago vs Ironía & Yakuza and Ciclon Black & Tony Rivera and Alan Extreme & Metaleon
Team IWRG vs Team AULL vs Neza Boy vs Team FILL
Glad to see Team Neza back. Gringos are still Mexico State trios champs and aren’t seen a lot together outside of the defense.
DTU (FRI) 08/22/2014 Estacionamiento C. Belisario Dominguez, Mazatlan, Sinaloa
1) ? vs ??
2) Jimmy, Kevin, Tony vs ?, ??, ???
3) Ángel del Misterio vs Jhonky, Vengador, Pajaro, Kalibus, Castigador, Billy Tronik, Flash Boy (mazatlan)
4) Over & Sikma vs Sangre Maligna & Shiryu Dragon
5) Cíclope, Crazy King, Miedo Extremo vs Argus, Eclipse, Gremlin and Artikus, Chica Ye-Ye, Lanzeloth
6) Drastik Boy, Hacker, Septimo Dragon vs Black Fire, Príncipe Halcón, Slayer Pack
7) Kempo Dragon & Willie Mack vs Crazy Boy & Joe Lider and Aeroboy & Violento Jack
Added DTU show – no title match yet, but the main event may end being for the new tag team titles.
CMLL (SUN) 08/24/2014 Arena Coliseo
1) Magnus & Soberano Jr. vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Astral, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Pegasso, Starman vs Kamaitachi, Okumura, Skándalo
4) Delta vs Vangellys [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Dragón Rojo Jr., Stuka Jr. vs El Hombre Sin Nombre, Ephesto, Hechicero
6) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
No sign of Rush and Ultimo Guerrero here after all. Figure the next big Sunday show is 09/14 or 09/21, so this week may just be a killing time week before the next title (or apuesta?) program starts.
Soberano is lower than usual in the opener, but that could be a very fun match if they’re given time and opportunity. Hechicero (semimain!) and Caveranrio have definitely been elevated by finishing in the finals of the En Busca de un Idolo tournament, but everyone else has kind of sunk back to the spots they’d be expected to be in if there wasn’t a tournament.
CMLL (SUN) 08/24/2014 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Índigo vs Furia Nazi
2) El Brillante & Javier Cruz vs Évola & Thunder Boy
3) Omar Brunetti & Tritón vs Infierno & Ráfaga
4) Maléfico © vs Exterminador [OCCIDENTE LH]
Malefico is champion. First defense; last three champions have fallen on their first defense.
5) La Máscara & Super Porky vs Universo 2000 & Universo 2000 Jr. and Felino & Puma and Esfinge & Magnum
father/son tag team tournament
Main event doesn’t quite make sense unless Brazo de Oro put up La Mascara for adoption. (Which would be totally understandable.) We did have Esfinge/Mangum as son/father in the luchawiki, and I forget Universo was here back in March/April to team with his nephews. It’s amazing I could ‘remember’ anything without my website.
Exterminador has a good chance of winning to keep the streak of title changes going. It accomplishes nothing, but nothing on Sunday Guadalajara shows seem to be accomplishing much.
On a Friday Televisa appearance, Alberto del Rio/El Patron recounted the incident which led to his firing, stating he was ashamed of his actions but also “WWE can take my job, but not my dignity.” It’s been reported that the employee who Del Rio slapped smiled at him when Del Rio asked for an apology. Only the employee knows what he meant, but Del Rio read that smile as a smirk saying no apology was coming and Del Rio would have to swallow that insult. After Del Rio slapped the man, El Patron met with Vince McMahon. McMahon said he understood Del Rio’s anger, his actions were inappropriate, but Del Rio was to work the show that night and everything would be well. Del Rio was suspended, then HHH called Del Rio a few days later to say they had to let him go.
At the post TripleMania press conference, Perro Aguayo Jr. said he’d face Alberto el Patron in a hair match whenever Alberto wanted. Psycho Clown is still going for the MegaChampionship.
Taya says her next goal is Faby or Jennifer’s hair. Fantasma says it was a day of mixed emotions: his buddy Texano lost his hair and Fantasma’s father threatened to suspend him, but all his hard work paid off with the title win.
El Hijo del Santo’s first column in Grafico recounts the time he helped out a charity and one of the people who benefited from his gift a mask called him to tell him how great he was for donating.
Rob has his TripleMania predictions.
SuperLibre had Pablo Romero as a cranky in studio guest.
LuchaLibreDeMexico has decided to quit posting videos to his YouTube channel. I believe this is at least the second time he’s made this decision this year. He’ll be missed.
Neat picture of Arena Olimpico Laguna, the small Laguna arena all the wrestlers from the area have passed thru at one point or another. I’ve only seen closer shots before, but it’s an open air (no roof!) building, as many of the lucha places are.
Electroshock talks about his career (to preview TripleMania)
Indy luchador Crixus talks about wanting to join AAA (though the article thinks that’s the promotion with Volador and Sombra.)
There was a fundraising show for Nuevo Laredo’s Aventurero, who’s wife is ill.
Lucha Libre In Japan
08/17 Dragon Gate: Flamita (c) b Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin [DG Brave Gate] – 4th (official) defense. Said to be a great Flamita performance. Flamita’s listed working in Mexico City in mid September; we’ll see if he’s actually back this time.
Maximo is on NJPW’s next tour, running from September 5th to the 23rd. He’s working early matches and squaring off with Taichi (who’s just returned from suspension but I guess everyone is still being punished.)
IWRG (SUN) 08/17/2014 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG Facebook]
1) Black Niko & Sky Ángel b Capitán Muerte & Matrix Jr.
2) Dragón Celestial, Golden Magic, Látigo b Anubis Black, Hip Hop Man, Zurdog
3) Kenshi Kabuki, Pantera, Veneno b Apolo Estrada Jr., Canis Lupus, Eterno
4) Trauma I & Trauma I b Oficial 911 & Oficial AK47 [hair, mask]
Apolo replaced Oficial 911, who was injured. A rain storm him Naucalpan at the start of the match, and the rain came thru the roof and all around the ring. Both Apolo and Eterno came out at the start of the match and it was not clear who would be in the match until Apolo & Ak47 attacked the Traumas. Apolo/AK47 took fall 1, breaking the Trauma’s mask and causing them to bleed. Trauma II was beat in the second fall, but Trauma I snuck in a foul on AK47 and submitted Apolo. Rudos eliminated Trauma I in fall 3, but it was II’s turn to save the mask – submission on both guys each to win.
5) Cien Caras Jr., Demon Clown, LA Park b Hijo De Dos Caras, Máscara Sagrada, Pirata Morgan
Rudos took 2/3. Cien Caras hit Pirata with a chair in the third, then tossed it to Dos. Pirata saw Dos with the chair, blamed him, and the rudo took advantage for the win. Sets up a Pirata/Dos title match to come.
On one hand, IWRG’s getting behind a young luchador consistently! On the other hand, maybe not the best pick. Hijo de Dos is professional to work this, when he probably could’ve been part of the angles with his brother last night, so I’m going to cut him slack.
(More sad for Eterno – at least Aerostar still got to work TripleMania when he was booted out of the cruiserweight match.)
Semimain needs to air. The recap makes it sound like it was a good amount of liquid that was leaking thru the ceiling.
Kenshi Kabuki appears to have a a third rate Namajague knockoff mask. I don’t think that mask is long for this world.
Familia de Tijuana (Nicho, Halloween, Damian, Extreme Tiger) lost the main event of the new Zeus promotion in Tijuana to Chavo Guerrero Jr., Hernandez, Homicide and Luke Hawx when CZW’s Blk Jeez and Joker interfered. Pequeno Hallowen, Bestia 666 and Rey Horuz made the save so they could all pose together at the end.