taped 2013-03-24 @ Arena Coliseo
Read the rest of this entry »
IWRG (THU) 04/18/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
***Guerra del Golfo, 2013***
1) Galaxy & Mr. Leo b Fulgor & Power Bull
2) Eita, Rayan, Tomahawk b Centvrión, Golden Magic, Saruman
Tomahawk & Eita replaced Picudo Jr. & Spartan. Golden Magic was hurt on a dive.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr. L Toscano, X-Fly, Oficial 911, el Ángel, Veneno, Spartan, Trauma II [cage, loser advances]
Spartan replaced Tomahawk. Both preliminary cage matches required the participants to stay in for 10 minutes. X-Fly was first out. Veneno was last out, leaving Apolo Estrada Jr. as the last one in.
4) Chico Che L Factor, Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Dinamic Black, Eita, Trauma I, Danny Casas [cage, loser advances]
Eita worked twice. Danny Casas & Eterno feuded but left at the same time, leaving Chico Che behind.
5) Apolo Estrada Jr. b Chico Che [cage, hair]
Chico Che was exhausted, and fouled by Apolo Estrada. Apolo escaped for the win.
This is Chico Che’s five IWRG hair loss since 2009. Four of them have been in cage matches. Theories:
- the ten minute brawl before escape tires Chico Che out
- he’s too heavy to climb the cage
- his big move is jumping off the top rope and landing a splash, a poor strategical move in a cage match
- Chico Che hasn’t been in enough normal apuesta matches, stats would even out
CMLL’s posted video of the press conference for Rey Cometa & Namajague. This apuesta match happening next Friday is strangely sudden; it’s so last minute, they may not even be able to promote it on this week’s Televisa show. It’s way too soon for Namajague to lose his hair, and it’s probably also too soon for Rey Cometa to lose his hair. Cometa’s only been unmasked for seven months. We’ve expected a hair match to take place next Friday for a while, but that match seemed to be Mr. Aguila vs Shocker, which still seems to be going. There’s also no real special need for an apuesta match next Friday – it’s not a major show, it’s not a minor show, it’s just a show that’s had some distance between it and the March H2L show. If CMLL decided they did not want to do Aguila vs Shocker, then they could just not do an apuesta match or a big match at all. The attendance might not be as great, but announcing a repeat match at the last minute is probably not going to do a lot for attendance anyway. The glass breaking incident from last Friday and Namajague’s interference on Sunday showed CMLL was in a hurry to set up a match, but the reason they’re in a hurry remains a mystery.
My best guess there’s a left turn tonight where Shocker & Mr. Aguila get added to the match and it turns into a relevos suicida, giving CMLL a backup option in case Shocker or Aguila do not show up next week. It could also be possible Namajague has been called home right away, and CMLL is desperate to take his hair for whatever reason (though Lyger has said Namajague is staying for another year.) Those hunches are looking for logic based on information we have, and we’re very clearly missing some vital piece to make any sense out of this.
Tonight’s show is more straight forward, though just as active. The Mr. Aguila vs Shocker feud trudges on in the main event, with Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero also on opposite sides of the main event trios. Euforia and Diamante Azul make up the numbers. The Gran Alternativa continues, with Bobby Zavala & Rey Escorpion the favorites to advance (which would set up a busy week for Rey Escorpion.) Metalico and Hijo del Signo, a feud that also could’ve been resolved if CMLL had to have an apuesta match next Tuesday, meet up in the segunda. Electrico makes his Arena Mexico return in the opener.
The tournament to find a new welterweight champion starts, with the final two from tonight’s cibernetico moving on (at least according to the terminology they’re using.) Rey Cometa and Namajague are in the tournament to continue their feud, but their participation really doesn’t make sense with Namajague not being eligible and both surely not advancing since they’re already announced in a hair match next week. Given the other eight participants – Mistico, Volador, Guerrero Maya, Fuego, Volador, Averno, Tiger and Sangre Azteca, tonight’s match looks really good and next week’s could be great. I keep thinking the final will be Averno vs Mistico for historical purposes, but I’ve been wrong on Mistico all week.
Estrellas del Ring, Kaiser Sports and R de Rudo (video here) have reports on the Todo x el Todo press conference, but there’s no extra clarity on the LA Park situation. It’s not even clear that LA Park will be on their show next weekend; Santo is quoted as saying Park is not part of TxT. They imply that Park will show up, but don’t promise anything. Hijo del Santo suggested running the Dr. Wagner vs LA Park mask match at the 41,000 seat Plaza Mexico. That’s not going to happen. LA Park’s appearance overshadowed the entire card, which was surely the plan.
The main event this past Wednesday in Auditorio Miguel Barragan in San Luis Potosi was supposed to be LA Park & Cibernetico vs Perro Aguayo Jr. & Parka Negra. That didn’t quite happen; both Drago & Toscano replaced Cibernetico with the promoter saying Cibernetico was hurt after Perro Aguayo Jr. beat him up in the locker room. That sounds like a cover story for a no-show, but weirder things have happened in AAA. In the undercard, an announced Dinastia vs Mini Psiociss title match must’ve not been a title match, because Mini Psicosis won and there’s no mention of the title being on the line.
Rob has highlights of 02/14/12 Perros del Mal.
Bill has highlights of 03/01/12 IWRG.
- Sangre Azteca talks about his reign as welterweight champion.
- Chilanga Mask has added Negro Navarro vs Negro Casas to their 05/19 card.
- Porra Fresa previews Monday’s Arena Puebla card.
- AAA has the third part of it’s Drago interview.
- Chik Tormenta talks to a SLP site about her matches there, and upcoming against Silueta.
- LuchaMania Monterrey talks to Dralion about his King of the Deathmatch win.
AAA on Televisa (UTDN): 2013-03-31
taped 2013-03-17 @ Plaza de Toros La Monumental, Monterrey
Texano Jr. vs Blue Demon Jr. for the AAA World Heavyweight Championship – great
AAA Fusion: 2013-04-04
taped 2013-03-17 @ Plaza de Toros La Monumental, Monterrey
Juventud Guerrera vs Daga, Fénix, Crazy Boy in the AAA FUSION tournament final match – great
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
- IWRG Zona XXI: 2013-03-31
- CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2013-03-30 – Mascara/Mephisto lightning match was close
- CMLL on CadenaTres: 2013-03-30
- CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2013-03-30
- CMLL on Televisa: 2013-03-30
Something I’m Putting Here Because I Don’t Know Where Else To Do It
Rey de Reyes: a really good show
1) Dralion, Rey Orion, Sick Boy b Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II, Rico Rodriguez
Hasn’t aired! Probably was at least OK.
2) Fénix b Juventud Guerrera, Daga, Crazy Boy [AAA FUSION, final]
GREAT, see above
3) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
good match for this feud
4) El Mesías b Heavy Metal, La Parka, Parka Negra, Octagón, Pentagón Jr. [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
5) LA Park b Jack Evans, Villano IV, Psicosis, Drago, Chessman [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
6) Canek b el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Cibernético, Electroshock, Silver King, Toscano [Rey de Reyes, semifinal]
All okay/good and perfectly fine for their role on their show
7) Fabi Apache b Mari Apache, Taya Valkyrie, LuFisto [Reina De Reinas, final]
very good, better than expected
8) Texano Jr. b Blue Demon Jr. [AAA HEAVY]
GREAT, better than expected
9) El Mesías b Canek, LA Park [Rey de Reyes, final]
not as good as I wanted but still okay/good
Now, my favorite match of the AAA/CMLL big show weekend was the CMLL main event, becuase I’m more invested in the adventures of Stuka, Rey Cometa and Namajague, and that show had a lot of okay/good stuff in the undercard. Rey de Reyes had great matches and more good stuff up and down the card. I don’t know if anyone’s going to beat it this year; I sure hope they try, because if AAA & CMLL come close, it’s going to be a pretty good night. Last year, there were a lot of shows with one good match and a lot of just okay stuff and it was hard to pick one card from either of the two major promotions as a standout show. This year is off to a strong start.
Matches Worth Consideration But Will Be Watched Later
IWRG TV: 2013-03-31
taped 2013-03-21 @ Arena Naucalpan
Dinamic Black vs Fenix (AAA) for the IWRG Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
Noches de Coliseo: 2013-03-31
taped 2013-03-24 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
Silencio vs Simbolo [JAGUAR CHAMP]
I’m also kind of still watching the TxT shows, in that they’re on my TiVo and I’ve watched the minis opener and I keep telling myself to watch the rest but it hasn’t happened yet.
I haven’t figured out the SLP schedule yet. Will keep trying.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: Onto the Leon taping. Guessing the Demon/Axxel segment, Mirreyes, and Perros vs La Secta
AAA-Fusion: Still 2 matches from Arena Lopez Mateos – the Atomic Boy/Gran Apache trios and the Inferno Rockers.
== CMLL ==
Galavision/Televisa: More Aguila/Shocker, the restart of Cometa/Namajague and the women’s match
FOX: Gran Alternativa Block A
52MX: The relevos incrieble trios and Metalico & Hijo del Signo not great lightning match.
C3: Generacion Dorada vs Hijos del Averno, Rey Escorpion vs Stuka
MegaCable (Guadalajara): This show is now running 11 days behind, so Pequeno Olimpico vs Astral title match may air this week
TVC Deportes (Puebla): This show is now running 12 days behind, so the Guerreros vs Bufete del Amor match will air this week.
Terra: Trios with Mistico vs Volador, Polvora vs Valiente
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: a show that I’m not interested in which will surely air without problems.
IWRG-TVC Deportes: This show is only on a four day delay, so tonight’s cage matches should air.
Noches de Coliseo: Blue Panther & Sagrado vs Caifan & Rey Hechicero?
indy (SUN) 04/14/2013 Arena el Jaguar, Monterrey, Nuevo León [LuchaMania Monterrey]
***Arena el Jaguar 13th Anniversary***
1) Charlly Contreras, Chostoman, El Padrino b Baby Luna, Cavernicola, Kamaleon
2) Chamaco Bonilla, Chipendale, El Pocho, Jaguar Boy, Lady Maravilla, Muerte Guerrera, Novato, Rudy El Buitre b 7 Mares, Black Scorpio, Danger Boy, Gallo de Oro, Goliath XXX, King Fenix, Lady Puma, Ultratumba [cibernetico]
El Jaguar Generacion 2011-2012 (Lady Maravilla team) vs El Jaguar Generacion 2007-2008 (Lady Puma team). Puma beat Maravilla with a Styles Clash to win for her team; Ultratumba also survived the match.
3) 30-30 b Flecha [hair]
Muerte Guerrera was Flecha’s second and helping thru the match,but 30-30 fought them both off and won. Flecha had a little hair cut off and Muerte Guerrera challenged Flecha.
4) Babe Fox, Pedro Navajas, Super Jack b Ciber Payaso, Principe Guerrero I, Principe Guerrero II [semifinal]
5) Big Neurosis, Coyote, Mortifero b Dulce Canela, Erika Sotelo, Larry Miranda Jr. [semifinal]
6) Babe Fox, Pedro Navajas, Super Jack b Dulce Canela, Erika Sotelo, Larry Miranda Jr. [final]
7) Rey Demonio b Símbolo, Golden Boy, Silencio [mask]
Simbolo & Golden Boy put their hair on the line, Silencio & Rey Demonio put their hair up. Elimination match. All four are sons of David Valdez with Valdez as referee. Good match. All four bled, both mask guys had their masks ripped. Simbolo escaped first, Silencio beat Golden Boy with an Atlantida, and Golden Boy beat Rey Demonio with some outside help from Rosa Salvaje. Fans were not all happy about the circumstances of the finish. Demonio complained about Golden Boy not being a professional, but he is one and would unmask. Rey Demonio’s mother and wife (Perla Negra) helped unmask him. Rey Demonio is David Alejandro Valdez González, 31, 15 years a wrestler. The family hugged after the match.
Hijo del Santo held a press conference today for the 04/27 TxT show. It figured just to be a generic mention of the matches listed on the poster. They did talk about the Angel Blanco Sr. tournament and the women’s match, as well as pushing a possible Shu el Guerrero/Super Muneco mask match out of their trios match, which has been building over many shows. Santo, Solitario and Wagner were hyping the announced main event (versus La Migra) when the press conference was interrupted by LA Park! Park, as you might have heard a thousand times, wants Dr. Wagner’s mask and decided to chase him down to TxT to get it. Hijo del Santo said he could get such a match to happen, though it doesn’t sound like it’s now for sure added to the 04/24 show. LA Park did say he’d be on the show.
LA Park did not specifically say he had left AAA. The impression everyone has is luchadors can work for AAA or Santo, but not both due to the grudges between them. Sexy Lady was removed from a TxT show when she started with AAA. On the other hand, everyone – Dr. Wagner included! – says Dr. Wagner is under AAA contract right now and he’s all over TxT shows. Guys like LA Park & Dr. Wagner have contracts which allow them to work their own schedule when AAA is not using them. I’m sure AAA wouldn’t want LA Park work a TxT show, or shows in the US before AAA is ready to go there, but I’m not totally sure AAA could stop him from doing so.
Santo’s column today argues people shouldn’t be able to get around trademark issues by changing a single later in his name. He’s now using a guy who got around a trademark issue by changing a single letter in his name. Timing!
ADDED: CMLL just announced Rey Cometa and Namajague will have a hair match on 04/26. This is a sudden match they’ve been building over the last few shows. Cometa would be the favorite. That’s the date expected to be Shocker vs Mr. Aguila, which suggests that hair match may not be happening.
IWRG has the La Guerra del Golfo, it’s three stage cage match, tonight. The Gladiatores will be doing live play by play from the arena. I’m guessing Apolo Estrada will lose, but really have no idea.
Black Terry Jr. has highlights of Ultimo Dragon vs Negro Casas and CIMA, Rocky Lobo, Hacker vs Tomahawk, Eita & Flamita, both are for sale. Also, two talk show segments of My Family Doesn’t Want Me To Be A Luchador.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- The next periodic CMLL Gimnasio Nuevo Leon show is on 05/12. It’s Mistico’s turn to defend the title no one ever successfully defends, against Sombra and Volador. Show is taped for local TV.
- Daga does not want Axel in AAA, and generally feels second/third generation wrestlers haven’t worked as hard as people like he have.
- Electrico talks about his rehab from a broken leg last July. He had a plate and four screws put in his leg.
- Porra Fresa has video of the the third fall of the opening match, the debut match of Malayo.
- Arena Jalisco de Guadalajara has a tournament for the WWA Junior Heavyweight Championship this Sunday.
- La Parka says he was happy to be back in Piedras Negras, his first show there in a year. Another article says the show had a good turnout.
- Silvie Silver says she’s not close to a debut in CMLL but headed back in June for another training session with Tony Salazar.
- Astro Latino talks about his IWL title shot vs Dr. Cerebro.
- Villano IV talks about the time where he traded an autograph for a ride home.
- Zombie Clown is working the 04/22 Arena Cuatro Caminos de Nuevo Laredo show. There hasn’t been a Zombie Clown in three and half years.
- Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero and Euforia are in Arena El Jaguar this Sunday
- DJ Spectro writes about Anibal unmasking El Momia and the end of El Centroamericano.
CMLL (TUE) 04/23/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Molotov & Robin vs Camorra & Cholo
2) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Silueta vs La Comandante, La Vaquerita, Zeuxis
3) Fuego, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado vs Misterioso Jr., Puma, Vangelis
4) Tritón vs Sangre Azteca [lightning]
5) Stuka Jr., Super Porky, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
6) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Thunder vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
Three towers! An all heavyweight main event.
Semimain still seems on track to Stuka vs Rey Escorpion for the Kid’s Day show next week, but no sign of the minis feud.
CMLL (TUE) 04/23/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Esfinge & Leo vs Espectrum & Ráfaga
2) Gallo & Starman vs Cancerbero & Maléfico
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
4) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger vs Ángel de Oro, Delta, Diamante
5) Atlantis, La Máscara, La Sombra vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Cancebrero cheated Black Metal last week, may be moving on to Gallo this week.
IWRG (SUN) 04/21/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxie & Serpiente de Oro vs Dragón Celestial & Epidemia
2) Ángel Del Amor & Astro Rey Jr. vs Imposible & Picudo Jr.
3) Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota, Saruman vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Buter Fly, Canis Lupus
4) Centvrión, Chico Che, Dinamic Black vs Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Scorpio Jr.
5) Danny Casas, Heavy Metal, Veneno vs Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II
Buter Fly is a new name. Main event is the Casas vs the Navarros, after both have faced the Psycho Circus the last few weeks. I’m not as interested in this card, which means it’ll air without problem.
CMLL (TUE) 04/16/2013 Arena Mexico [@CMLL_Oficial]
1) Guerrero Negro Jr. & Ramstein b Bengala & Fresbee
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Super Halcón Jr. b Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Astral DCOR Pierrothito [lightning]
Astral missed Pierrothito on a dive, hit the barricade with his shoulder, and was unable to continue.
4) Diamante, Sagrado, Tritón b Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
Rudos took 1/3, Misterioso beating Triton with the Gory Driver.
5) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Stuka Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos took 1/3. Stuka pinned Rey Escorpion with a top rope splash, then challenged him to a title match. Escorpion refused to accept.
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Generacion Dorada won with a star on Mephisto & Ephesto and a Mascara tapatia on Averno.
CMLL (TUE) 04/16/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Demonio Maya & Évola b Idolo & Virgo
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Cancerbero, Nosferatu, Raziel b Black Metal, Metatrón, Sky Kid
DF vs GDL. Rudos took 2/3, Cancerbero snuck in a foul on Black Metal for the win.
3) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Silueta b Amapola, La Comandante, Zeuxis
Tecnicas took 2/3, Silueta pinning Comandante in the third.
4) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Rush b Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Último Guerrero b Mistico
Ultimo Guerrero took 1/3. Mistico was beat up enough to receive medical help at the end of the first fall. Crowd was very into the match. UG won clean with the Guerrero Special.
Arena Coliseo Guadalajara didn’t seem to be seating people in the upper level (the usually vacant white seats), but the lower level seems completely full by the time the main event came along. Surprised by the finish.
Over in Arena Coliseo Monterrey, the scheduled Brazo de Plata & Maximo vs Simbolo & Big Neurosis match became Shocker & Simbolo vs Porky & Neurosis because Maximo was in Arena Coliseo DF. The scheduled Atlantis & Blue Panther vs Rey Hechicero & Caifan had Sagrado in Atlantis’ spot because he was over in El Paso. In Arena Solidardad, Golden Magic missed the main event because he was working in Arena Aficion. It often seems like a lot of no-shows are due to the lack of communication and being double booked, not just injuries or malice.
Bill has highlights of 12/11/12 Guadalajara.
- Volador announced he’d be auctioning off his Venom outfit to raise funds for his father’s knee surgery.
- Dinamic Black, Apolo Estrada and Black Silver Jr. defeated the Inferno Rockers in Arena Solidardad.
- Jinzo talks about his name change (though doesn’t really explain it) and his recent AAA appearances.
- LLUSA says their show in San Jose went well.
- Both LLUSA and Tacubo visited schools to talk about anti-bullying.
- Konnan Big promo for his match with Dr. Wagner Jr.
- Volador yells at Mistico thru the rain.
- The second part of AAA’s promo with Drago.
- Porra Fresa celebrates three years of being a blog.
- DJ Spectro writes about the time Canek lost to Antonio Inoki in straight falls in El Toreo. There’s are video highlights of that match on YouTube, which don’t seem to show a first fall (but it’s edited for Japan, so maybe it’s edited to appear to as just one fall.)
- LuchaMania Monterrey has video of Slayer Boy’s retirement and self unmasking.
- Sabor del Ring has brief interviews with SLP’s Aranita and Queretaro’s Alex Guajardo.
- You can find half price tickets for the Lucha Libre USA show in Phoenix on a Groupon like site.
CMLL (SUN) 04/21/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante vs Thunder Boy
2) Halcón de Plata & Virgo vs Exterminador & Infierno
3) Azteca de Oro, Black Metal, El Hippie vs Acertijo, Demonio Rojo, Sádico
4) Olímpico vs León Blanco [OCCIDENTE HEAVY]
Olimpico is the champion, first defense
5) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Super Porky vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Kráneo, Namajague
Namajague and Kraneo are a fine team.