CMLL (MON) 11/07 Arena Puebla Results [box y lucha]
1) Fuerza Tiger & Ares b Lasser Man & Forajido
2) SWAT & Tigre b Toro Bill Jr. & Espiritu Maligno
3) Batman, Centella de Oro, Lestat DQ Maniacop, El Hijo de Gran Markus, Siki Osama
Recap says Osama pulled Lestat’s mask – I didn’t think Lestat had a mask
4) La Mascara, Blue Panther, Volador Jr. b Gedo,
Jado Mephisto, Okumura
This seems like confirmation of Jado’s injury.
5) Negro Casas, Heavy Metal, Mistico, Dr. Wagner Jr. b Ultimo Guerrero, Rey Bucanero, Tarzan Boy, Mr. Aguila
The rudos tried to play it straight, but it fell apart. Two straight falls, with Tarzan and Aguila turning on each other in the final one, only to both get pulled into cradles. Aguila challenged Tarzan to a match for next week.
Finishing up the NJPW Results, picking up from the 10/28 results here, and via PuroresuFan
10/29: Tiger Mask & Rysuke Taguchi b Sangre Azteca & Hirooki Goto [Tiger pinned Azteca]
10/29: Starman did not wrestle
10/30: Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Akiya Anzawa b Jushin Liger, Minoru, Sangre Azteca [Anzawa pinned Azteca]
10/30: Starman did not wrestle
10/31: Sangre Azteca b Akiya Anzawa [5:47, reverse armbar]
10/31: Hirooki Goto b Starman [6:33]
11/03: Sangre Azteca b Ryusuke Taguchi [8:46, plancha]
11/03: Starman did not wrestle
11/04: Koji Kanemoto, Tiger Mask, El Samurai, Ryusuke Taguchi b Jushin Liger, Black Tiger IV, Minoru, Sangre Azteca [2of3, Tiger Mask pins Azteca in the final fall]
11/04: Starman did not wrestle
There’s apparently a story in Weekly Pro saying Starman just didn’t click with the other wrestlers or the style. My own guess is NJPW’s been picking CMLL outsiders based on having unique images (the only explanation we could ever figure out for Starman is they liked his Ultraman costume), and whether they fit in NJ’s style wasn’t really determined till they got there. (Probably the same deal with Texano and Lizmark.) Since they’re changing everything else, who knows if NJPW will change this process, or if we should start guessing the next duo brought in based on who’s got a wacky outfit. (Groon might be a stretch.)
The other thing we’ve learned from this tour is NJPW likes Sangre Azteca better than CMLL. Seriously, if there were some way Taguchi and Sangre would’ve faced in while both were in CMLL (implausible, because both were rudos, but work with me), there’s no doubt in my mind Taguchi’s going over. I was expecting Sangre to lose completely on this tour, and he instead came back with a decently big singles win. Not bad.
Followups from yesterday
- Since Graficos is a monthly, maybe O’Campo isn’t as stressed out about doing that? Or it could just be the terms of the handover included “my name is still on the magazine”.
- If Dr. Cerebro is injuried (see IWRG results), it’s gonna be tough for him to defend the titles. Unless I’m misunderstanding something.
- I think we’ll see Groon by the End Of Year show, if not sooner.
- Can’t MC AT work Arena Mexico and Kenzo work the obscure spot show? There’s still time! Reports have Kenzo working out at Ultimo Dragon Gym this week. If Kenzo’s any good after a week, Ultimo Dragon is a HOF Trainer.