Box Y Lucha has a great bio of Chela Salazar, who passed away on Saturday after a long battle with cancer in her neck and liver. She lived in the Chicago area the in recent years, and there was a nice tribute show for her last year. The cancer had surely taken a toll on her. She didn’t seem sick (Box Y Lucha says she’d been stable for one year), but you wouldn’t have known she was a former luchadora.
Chela’s career highlights included being the part of the first match in Arena Coliseo after the city’s ban on women’s wrestling was lifted (11/21/1986, teaming with Irma Aguila and Irma Gonzalez vs Mujer Salvaje, Martha Villalobos, and Yuma), and the first woman to lose her hair in Arena Mexico, losing to Pantera Surena on July 17, 1987.
Box Y Lucha says Cien Caras returned to AAA tonight, to join the AAA side against the Legion.
indy (FRI) 06/05 Coliseo Centenario de Torreon [DJ Spectro]
1) Sexy Libra & Sexy Piscis b Bella Rubi & Dulce Paola
2) Mr. Aguilita & Pequeño Halloween b Celestial & Konami
3) Lady Warrior & Mujer Demente b Flor Metalica & Lilly Fighter
4) X-Fly L Olimpico, Damian 666, Super Porky, Super Crazy, Mr. Aguila [mask, hair, cage]
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. DRAW el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, El Hijo Del Santo
DJ Spectro says 3,500. X-Fly’s lost his hair twice this year already (and probably would’ve lost a third if not for the flu canceling the Record show.) Olimpico gets credited with the win. Main event was a Mexican indy special: Perros’s guys attacked Wagner and Santo for the non-finish.
ESPN Deportes previews TripleMania.
In Ovaciones, Cibernetico promotes the Bizarros by talking about how Konnan should honor his retirement stip, and then taking about how he doesn’t want to talk about Konnan anymore.
Fuerza cuts a much better promo in this week’s SuperLuchas. He has five points to make, helpfully numbered:
1) Konnan pretends that Anotnio Pena was a father to him, but he stole AAA’s talent to go to Promo Azteca and the US, and burned an AAA title on TV.
2) Konnan lost a retirement match, is still wrestling, so his word is nothing
3) Konnan talked fans into giving him money for his kidney transplant because he was so ppor, and yet he’s getting money from his TNA settlement
4) Konnan casts doubt onto the character of Mistico, but has far more personal scandals, including accusing on Cien Caras stealing his wife
5) Everything Konnan has has been pure crap.
Fuerza says Konnan is a selfish liar who only cares about himself, but holds no respect for himself. Fuerza really needs to be on TV just to be cutting promos. Fuerza says Konnan is getting $500,000 from TNA, which can not possibly be true.
SuperLuchas also has Dr. X’s second “what do I need to do for CMLL to push me?” interview of the year. The answer does not appear to be “more complaining to the press”, sadly.
AAA looks back at Psycho Circus‘s debut (facing much the same team they’ll be facing at TripleMania, as well as Muerte Cibernetica and Konnan‘s return to AAA. A bunch of people on that show who are long gone, of course.
Ohtani’s Jacket writes about the Puebla local match and last week’s IWRG.
Segunda Caida puts El Hijo del Santo #16 in their top of 2008 list.
IWRG (THU) 06/11 Arena Naucalpan
1) Halcon 2000 vs Osiris
2) Galactik & Jack vs Epidemia & Heavy Boy
3) Barba Roja, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. vs Freelance, Pendulo, Trauma I
4) Zatura vs Trauma II
5) Fuerza Guerrera & Juventud Guerrera vs Black Terry & Dr. Cerebro
IWRG (SUN) 06/14 Arena Naucalpan
1) Fly Star vs Comando Negro
2) Exodia & Goleador vs Azoka & Osiris
3) Freelance, Suicida, Turbo vs Avisman, Black Thunder, Tetsuya Bushi
4) Pendulo, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Arlequin, Arlequin Rojo, Arlequin Verde
5) Angelico, Negro Navarro, Zatura vs Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Ricky Cruzz, Veneno