CMLL (SUN) 04/26 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [MT]
5) Dragon Rojo Jr., Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero b La Sombra, Mascara Dorada, Mistico
Rudos won the first, tecnicos took the second, Sombra and Mistico did dives, and Dragon powerbombed Sombra for the clean pin. After the match, they set up Sombra defending his NWA welterweight title against Dragon Rojo Jr. next week.
New Japan’s Yurijo & Naito (team No Limit) are currently scheduled to work CMLL. These are apparently the two Ovaciones mentioned yesterday, because they were actually listed by name on this past week’s Ras de Lona. SuperLuchas says they’re headed in May 11, which is safely after the swine flu shutdown at the moment, but this is a fluid situation. No Limit’s currently hanging around TNA, with a NJPW storyline of trying to win back the IWGP Junior Tag Team titles from the Motor City Machine Guns, and a TNA storyline of being stereotypical anti-American foreigners. If they do make it to CMLL, No Limit vs Volador & Sombra for CMLL’s tag match is the obvious big match.
Unfortuantly, it appears CMLL guys won’t be headed to Japan. Strong Style Spirit mentions Mistico, Misterioso II, and Okumura have been restricted from traveling to Japan due to the swine flu, so they’re off the shows next week. They’ll surely reschedule this down the line, but it’s a tough break.
Going around the country:
- Canceled: all lucha in Nuevo Laredo, up to and including the shows next Monday
- Canceled: all lucha in Puebla, up to and including the shows next Monday
- Canceled: all lucha in Durango, as part of a prohibition of all public gatherings for the duration.
- Canceled: lucha in Mazatlan, thru May 7th.
- Canceled: all lucha in Tamaulipas, thru May 6th
- Canacled: Tuesday’s show in Arena Coliseo Monterrey, though Sunday’s AAA show is still on at the moment.
- AAA says 90% of it’s shows have been canceled, 60 shows, but doesn’t specifically mention anything but the TV tapings. I presume a lot of those shows hadn’t/wouldn’t make it to their event listings, because there’s not sixty shows there even if you go back to the start of the week.
- CMLL’s also canceled it’s shows in SLP and Cuernavaca this week. IWRG and AULL are also off.
- Still On: Torreon, where the Wagner show on Friday is still on, though the promoters are waiting to hear otherwise. Not sure about the nearby Thursday AOL show.
- Still On: a lucha show on Saturday in Guanajuato, for student graduation, where they’re also watching the situation
I’m horrible with Mexican (and Canadian) geography, but I do know some of those places are not near Mexico City. Everyone’s being super cautious, understandably so. It surprised me that Guadalajara is not added to this list. ESPN Deportes’s lucha blog has an entry on the flu. I think I’m going to make a post of canceled lineups later on.
Luchando Libre points out TripleMania tickets are already on TicketMaster. Prices appear to be from 1200 to 10 pesos ($85 to $7, although they list some VIP tickets for under a dollar but I have no idea where the seats are.)
Cesar’s blog mentions a bar fight with Chessman, Cibernetico, and Fabian el Gitano, including Cibernetico trying to bribe the police after the match. I knew this blog was going to be fantastic. There’s also one two posts pointing out the ridiculousness of the independents (“authentic wrestling” = metric ton of bs, fraud and shenanigans), and a post noting Dr. Wagner would still prefer to be in CMLL.
AAA wants you to know they have no idea what they’re doing with the Cruiserweight tournament. Now you know.
Kcidis has Cibernetico vs Perro.
If you need something to cheer you up, watch this week’s Ras de Lona. Most of the show is various wrestlers goofing around at a circus, Circo Hermanos Vazquez, which is the closest to the old wacky vignettes in a long time. See Sombra on the trapeze, Dragon Rojo on a runaway horse, Stuka on a very tiny tricycle and Felino and Tiger Kidd actually in a tiger cage.
Guerreros del Ring #188 has Pierroth on the cover, with friends and rivals talking about him. Luchas 2000 #468 seems to be promoting the return of their annual legends show, though no date is mentioned on the cover.
CMLL (FRI) 05/08 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Angel de Oro & Angel de Plata vs Dr. X & Hooligan
2) Bam Bam, Mascarita Dorada, Saturno vs Pequeno Black Warrior, Pequeño Damian 666, Pierrothito
3) Dark Angel, Lady Apache, Marcela vs Amapola, Hiroka, Princesa Blanca
4) Mascara Dorada vs Virus [CMLL SL]
5) La Sombra & Volador Jr. vs Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero [CMLL TAG]
Amazing how CMLL’s Arena Coliseo Guadalajara anniversary shows just keep happening to occur on the same day of big indy shows.
LLL’s idea of taping this is good, but I think the hope right now is CMLL would be running Arena Mexico by the 8th. (Dorada vs Virus = TAPE IT ANYWAY.) Dark Angel’s CMLL status is ongoing matter of debate; Cesar says she’ll be working as Dark Angel in CMLL while TNA gives her a new name, but SuperLuchas says not so sure about Dark Angel working this show. SuperLuchas tends to have the best Dark Angel info, but I hope they’re wrong – Sarah has been really awesome this year in every CMLL match I’ve seen her.