IWRG (SAT) 03/14 Arena Xochimilco [SuperLuchas #307]
1) Mixteco Jr. b Goleador
2) Galactik & Miss Gaviota b Avisman & Vampiro Metalico
3) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro b Multifacetico, Trauma I, Trauma II
4) Solar I, Super Astro, Ultraman Jr. DQ Arlequin, Hijo de Pierroth (IWRG), Pierroth II
5) Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. b Scorpio Jr. [Rey del Ring]
New champ. Scorpio had MA2K Jr. done in a half crab, but both he and the refree were distracted by Hijo de Pierroth (Mascara’s second) beating up Multifacetico (Scorpio’s second) on the outside. Scropio let go, Mascara snuck in a foul and pinned him for the win. DQ in the semimain was for Pierroth II yanking Solar’s mask.
El Toreo (WED) 03/18 Arena Lopez Mateos [SuperLuchas #307]
1) Sombra Escarlata & Spider Boy b Mr. Flama & Sol de Oriente
2) Azabache Negro, Rey Cobra, Sismo b Black Man II, Falcon, Flecha (Skayde)
3) Romano Garcia b Danny Boy [hair]
4) Robin Hood Jr. & Super Panda b Epitafio & Terry 2000
5) Canek b Cibernetico [#1 Contenders, UWA HEAVY]
6) Dos Caras Sr., Killer Jr., Sicodelico Sr. DQ Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V
Mil was supposed to be in the main event, but was angry about something – I think the article says about not being in the main event, which doens’t make sense – and walked out of the building before his match (walking in front of the crowd to make sure they knew he showed.) Doesn’t look like this bit is drawing sell outs any more, at least not this night. Villano V yanked Dos’ mask for a DQ.
It took Cibernetico being accidentally hit by his second (Killer Jr.) and being fouled by Canek for him to lose here. That’s actually not as much as I’d thought.
Again, fighting between the seconds (Robin Hood Jr. and Rocky Santana) allowed Romano to sneak in a piledriver on Danny Boy for the win.
SuperLuchas #307 also has a big interview with Mistico. Besides the usual “I’d like to face whoever win the mask match” bit, Mistico also notes that when he was in Japan and CMLL did a Sombra/Volador vs Averno/Mephisto tag title match, it was a poor house. Mistico wants more people to be stars, but feels he should get more credit for how much he means and how hard he works. Mistico feels like he’s winning the crowd back little by little this year (though that didn’t seem to be case Friday night.) This interview is totally worth going out of you way to read for yourself.
IWRG (THU) 03/19 Arena Naucalpan
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Fuerza Guerrera, Zatura b Hijo de Pierroth (IWRG), Mascara ANo 2000 Jr., Oficial 911
Give him credit – Dr. Wagner indeed made this show. The usual trend for guys who join one of the big 2 is to promise they’ll still be doing all their independent bookings when the press is there, and then quickly bail on them. (Silver King and Super Porky come to mind.) Lots of respect for Wagner if he’s breaking that tend.
Coincidentally, Wagnermania has Wagner cutting a promo on website commenters critical of him joining AAA. Dr. Wagner Jr. is a YouTube shooter, which can only mean the world is coming to an end. The Gladiatores have their own interview with Dr. Wagner about current effects.
Didn’t occur to me last night, but there was no Wagner angle on Friday’s AAA taping despite one being obviously set up in Madero. AAA is now listing Wagner’s self promoted shows, which are now using AAA talent.
The other news not exactly mentioned on luchalibreaaa.com is a backstage incident with Juvi, at least if you’re willing to believe his story in Record. “The leader of the Mexican Powers” (that’s what the article says) tells Record that he went out for his match, and came back to find his bag filled with human waste. Juvi went to Jack Evans to accuse him of doing it, when Konnan attacked him and Jack joined in. Juvi claims he’s got a broken nose, and bruises on his face and body.
This is surely the same story Lizzy Valentine is referring to on her mySpace page when talking about leaving AAA. This is also all Juvi’s side of the story, and his history of telling tall tales makes it really hard to take anything he says at face value – there’s definitely more going on here. (FWIW, Jack was in Juvi’s match, and still in the ring when Juvi escaped the cage, so Juvi really could really stand to improve his sleuthing abilities.)
However, the general public (and the press) are probably going to be unaware of Juvi’s history and this story looks really bad for AAA if it gets picked up in more places. It really depends on how far the story gets, but it’s tough to spin the leader of the wrestlers taking part in a two on one mugging and there’s probably some public punishment coming if this gets taken seriously. Also, whomever gave to okay to hire Juvi back inside the company (not Konnan!) is probably not too thrilled with it going so bad so quick.
Short term, Juvi’s done in AAA. I’d assume Ultimo Gladiador takes his spot in the cruiserweight tournament. Ultimo Gladiador seems to be a good dude, but no one’s been as quite as fortunate with absences as he has in AAA – he got started their with Crazy Boy’s injury and has gotten to hang around and better spots because of Juvi’s flakiness (and Super Crazy not coming in.)
Dos Leyenda follow up stories:
- Villano V says he never even considered he was going to lose, and was hoping to main event a third straight anniversary show. He vows to continue fighting.
- Ultimo Guerrero wants Villano IV to finish the Villanos off. UG credits Blue Panther with coming up with the idea to use the toque universal to pin Villano in the end, and goes as far as dedicating the win to Panther.
- ESPNDeportes restates the point that Villano IV is and will be the last masked Villano standing; they’ve told their sons to create their identities and not take their names (just as they did with their father Ray Mendoza), so there’ll be no Villano VI coming.
- Televisa Deportes picture comes along with tons of pictures
- I was wrong – Accion indeed has video of this match tonight. If ever one needed to understand the difference between the two promotions, this was a good two minutes for you – CMLL had a huge match decided by an abdominal stretch cradle, and this was followed by Chessman/Mesias in a cage using light tubes, and walking above the cage on barbed wire cords. Are they really both promoting the same lucha libre?
Box Y Lucha posted a truck load of articles Friday morning, none of which I saw until much later because Google Reader decided not to show new articles in half my feeds. (I think I fixed it, but who knows. As always, if I miss something worth reading, let me know.) There’s so many of them, I’m not going to write as much about them, but that doesn’t mean they’re not interesting.
They’ve got La Parka Jr. telling LA Park to get over it already and complaining about not being nominated for the the Televisa luchador award (he thought the idea was for the nominees to just be Mexican)
Dos Caras Jr. explaining his teased rudo turn was resolved off camera (everyone’s friends again, hooray), Axel talking the end of his CMLL sting much like in his SuperLuchas interview, Dark Angel talking about her trip to Japan (and not TNA, yet), Star Fire talking about her short career so far (totally wins me over in one interview, I’m a sucker), Sombrita and Mascara Dorada talking about the Puebla cage match, and Juanito Diaz, lightweight champion of the 60s. There’s also columns on Solar/Negro Navarro, Villano III on backstage fights (how timely!) and history pieces on Angel Azteca. Plus, a couple look back at Ultimo Guerrero‘s career, as if teasing a major change this past Friday.
An editoral in El Siglo de Torreon complains about the quality of libre referring. For some odd reason, they don’t think referee Viruta getting caught in the moment and doing a top rope plancha onto the wrestlers shows much impartiality.
IWRG (THU) 03/26 Arena Naucalpan
1) Garra de Aguila vs Keshin Black
2) Galactik & Mascara Magnifica vs Carta Brava Jr. & Mixteco Jr.
3) Fantastik, Freelance, Turbo vs Black Terry, BLack Thunder, Capitan Muerte
4) Head Hunter I, Head Hunter II, Veneno vs Arlequin, Hijo de Pierroth (IWRG), Pierroth II
5) Fuerza Guerrera vs Oficial 911 [IWRG IC WELTER]
911 lost, will get a title shot. OKAY. Turbo and Black Thunder appear to have become regulars here (as much as anyone who’s not a core guy is a regular.)
IWRG (SAT) 03/28 Arena Xochimilco
1) Garra de Aguila vs Comando Negro
2) Eragon & Latin Brother vs Carta Brava Jr. & Vampiro Metalico
3) Mascarita Sagrada & Octagoncito I vs Espectrito de Ultratumba & Piratita Morgan
4) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Universo 2000 vs Hijo de Pierroth (IWRG) & Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. [relevos sucidas]
6) ? vs ?? [mask]
Actually, I’m taking a leap and assuming they’re doing the final on this show, but the tag match is solicated as a relevos suicidas. Pretty clear favorite to lose of the four.
CMLL (SUN) 03/29 Arena Coliseo
1) Rayo Tapatio I & Rayo Tapatio II vs Cholo & Zayco
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Sahori vs Amapola, Princesa Sujei, Rosa Negra
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Mictlan, Sagrado vs Ephesto, Lizmark Jr., Terrible
4) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Mistico vs Heavy Metal, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Been racking my brain all day, trying to figure out what the bonus match is. There’s no feud that I can think of – the show two weeks ago has little to do wtih the today’s show (thanks to all the subs.) One of Bam Bam, Pierrothito, Sombra or Sangre Azteca is probably defending their title here, if it’s at all being set up tonight. Feels like it could just be a typo.
CHOLO! Getting worried about him for a bit. Speaking of MIA guys, anyone seen Mascara Purpura lately? No matches in the last month, since the lightning match in Puebla.
CMLL (SUN) 03/29 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Katana & Malefico vs Angel del Mal & Infierno [Torneo Tanque Dantes]
2) Palacio Negro & Samurai vs Leon Blanco & Thunder Boy [Torneo Tanque Dantes]
3) Boomerang & Gallo vs Acertijo & Mr. Trueno [Torneo Tanque Dantes]
4) Maximo, Sagrado, Valiente vs Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
5) a replacement for Toscano, Hector Garza, Shocker vs Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero
Toscano’s booked like normal this week, but can’t make any of those shows. Warrior continues to work in GDL. That’s round 4 of the torneo, and I’m sure I’ll do a breakdown of the tournament later (so you know there’s a post coming to skip.)