IWRG (THU) 09/25 Arena Naucalpan [SuperLuchas #283
1) DVD b Anubis
2) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II b Eragon & Pendulo
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Sauron b Freelance, Jack, Zatura
4) el Hijo Del Anibal, Latino, Multifacético b Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Veneno
5) Juventud Guerrera & Zumbido b Fuerza Guerrera & Shocker
Guerrera turned out to be true to their word - they refused to fight each other during the match...at least until Fuerza surprised Juvi with an armbar to win a fall. After the match, the Guerreras turned on the ex-Guapos.
Latino is a Villalobos wrestler, a Latin Lover knock off. Dr. Cerebro still wants that title shot against Freelance. People trip over title shots in IWRG, I don't know what's taking that one so long.
There's no big article places, but this week's SuperLuchas also notes in a couple places that there's a unhappiness with TV Azteca airing WWE SmackDown on Friday nights, feeling it could damage Arena Meixco business.
Villano V is livid with Mistico for trying to take away from his victory by suggesting there might have been a Villano switch. V5 doesn't want to wait until next Anniversary, he wants to face Mistico right now - Mistico may be hurt but so is V5 - so he can take his mask and maybe break his leg.
Meanwhile, Blue Panther does not like the idea of a career vs career match with the Villanos.
Fabian el Gitano opened a gym yesterday, and the opening was well attended by CMLL wrestlers. I think I speak for everyone where I wish the gym is a tremendous success, to the point where Fabian is so busy counting his money that he no longer has a chance to wrestle. Interesting side notes: Dragon Rojo Jr. showed up as Diamante Negro for reasons he didn't feel like explaining coherently (he says it was to be confusing, and it was) and Okumura showed up to remind Fabian they still have issues. Fabian vowed to break Okumura's other arm given the chance, and promised to not lose like Mictlan if Diamante Negro ever put up his mask agianst his.
Villano III and Tinieblas (Sr.) talk to El Heralado de Tabasco. Tinieblas says he's considering retiring, but he'd want to have a grand retirement show with eeveryone who he's ever known. V3 says Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero are little girls afraid he's going to take their masks.
In Ovaciones, Pantera Surena says she's returning to the ring (for Martha's group) and wants to put together a group of mini luchadoras.
AAA has a note about wrestlers help out at tree planting chairty event. The Psycho Cirucs have now planted 200 tress without being defeated!
WrestlingObserver recaps this week's AAA TV show.
WagnerMania's posted a Blue Demon Jr. interview.
IWRG (THU) 10/02 Arena Naucalpan
1) Eragon vs Epidemia
2) Pendulo & Terror Negro vs Judas el Traidor & Sauron
3) Freelance, Pegaso Extreme, Rey Cometa vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) el Hijo Del Anibal, Latino, Multifacético vs Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Ghost Rider
5) Shocker & Zumbido vs Fuerza Guerrera & Toscano
I think Shocker and Toscano have met before. That's the ex-Fuerza Aerea guys working the second match as IWRG approaches it's (apparent) goal of using 300 different wrestlers this year.
NWA Mexico (SAT) 10/04 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Turbo vs Black Thunder
2) Skayde vs Dr. Cerebro
3) Super Muneco vs Pierko el Boricua
4) Incógnito vs Danger
5) Negro Navarro vs Solar I, Shu el Guerrero, Black Terry
6) Blue Demon Jr. vs El Dandy
7) Juvi, Mil Mascaras, Tarzan Boy vs Antifaz, Hator, Head Hunter I
Slightly adjust from when it was announced - No Shocker and no Cien Caras.
CMLL (SUN) 10/05 Arena Coliseo
1) Leono, Metálico, Tigre Blanco vs Ephesto, Vangelis, Virus
2) Fabián el Gitano, Stuka Jr., Tony Rivera vs Halcon Negro, Loco Max, Satánico
3) Grey Shadow, La Sombra, Volador Jr. vs Damián 666, Mephisto, Mr. Águila
4) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Atlantis, Black Warrior, Mr. Niebla
Not only do we have four matches (they've got a filler one for the 5th), but also Halcon Negro continues his non appearances. Ephesto and Virus working the opener doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either, so maybe there's more of a shuffle coming here.
The best part of this Halcon Negro lineup stuff is it's not just some pre-release version of the lineup going out to the magazines, it's what CMLL is posting on their website every week.
CMLL (SUN) 10/05 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Quazar vs Valentin Mayo
2) Idolo & Nube Roja vs Exterminador & Güero Loco
3) Magnum, Metal Balnco, Metatron vs Infierno, Mr. Trueno, Rey Tureno
4) La Máscara & Máximo vs Hijo del Fantasma & Valiente and Olímpico & Último Guerrero and Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca [torneo corona, sf]
Just after they finished one tournament here, they start another.
IWRG (SUN) 10/05 Arena Naucalpan
1) Eragon vs ?
2) Miss Gaviota & Super Halcon vs Drakot Kid & Furia Guerrera
3) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II vs Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Veneno
5) Latino, Multifacético, Tinieblas Jr. vs Head Hunter I, Hijo del Cien Caras, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.