CONTRERAS (FRI) 09/19 Arena San Jauna Pantitlan [the gladiatores]
1) M1, Mini Rey del Espacio, Pegaso Boy b Malevolo, Mini Head Hunter I, Mini Head Hunter II
2) Luis Cirio, Manny Cirio, Tony Cirio b Carica, Coco Rosa, La Chona and Fulminante & Miserable and Muerte Negra, Rey del Epsacio, Soldado del Futuro [CONTRERAS TRIOS]
3) Batman, Dinamico, Hombre Arana b Dr. Karonte, Ex Mosco de la Merced, Mosco de la Merced
4) Infinito, Ogun, Ricky Ricon, Super Muneco b Hijo del Cien Caras, Ice Killer, Monsther, Pierko el Boruica
5) El Hijo Del Santo, Intocable, Juventud Guerrera b El Dandy, El Hijo del Solitario, Zumbido
Zumbido and Solitario screwed up, and the tecnicos rolled to the win.
IWRG (SUN) 09/21 Arena Naucalpan [joshyman @ el Martinete]
1) Eragon b Rey Estruendo
2) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II b Anubis & Heavy Boy
3) Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Monsther b Aeroman, Freelance, Jack
4) Capitán Muerte, Cyborg, Xibalva b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) el Hijo Del Anibal, Multifacético, Tinieblas Jr. b Head Hunter I, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Zumbido
Head Hunter actually pinned his teammate MY2K Jr. after he and Anibal switched masks on the floor. The Death Squad beaing the Oficials to set up the Oficial getting a title shot makes no sense to me.
CMLL (SUN) 09/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Plata b Azazel
2) Depredador & Güero Loco b Idolo & Oro II
3) Casanova, Flash, Metal Blanco b Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno, Sangre Azteca
4) Gallo, Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr. DQ Malefico, Mascara Magica, Toxico (Guadalajara) [torneo, final]
5) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Villano V b Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Marco Corelone
In the main, V5 slipped in a foul on Panther. In the semimain, rudos got caught doing the same, and decided they might as well rip up the tecnicos masks if they’re already DQed. This sets up something lightning quick for this upcoming Sunday.
Everyone must’ve talked to Blue Panther after Tuesday’s show, because there’s a few different articles which all seem to be from the same conversation
- Notimex has Panther saying he was overconfident and that caused him to lose. Now, he doesn’t still have the mask, but he still is Blue Panther. Panther was nervous about the reaction of the crowd, but it’s been positive.
- In ESTO, Panthers says this is a new beginning of his career, he still needs lucha libre and lucha libre still needs Blue Panther.
- Meanwhile, Mephisto wants to take Panther’s hair and then retire him for good. Mephisto also thiks he and Averno should be tag team champs, because they’re great and they’re not injured all the time.
Shocker thinks he’ll be back in CMLL soon.
(SoloLuchas) Mike Suicida Segura says he’s not going to WWE because he doesn’t have his visa. You know, same thing happened to me – I was totally going to be booker for Arena Coliseo (12 week Corelone/Olimpico feud on the schedule), but I don’t have a passport and we all just decided that was an obstacle which could never possibly be overcome. It’s sad, really. Suicida says he’d like to get into CMLL or AAA. Interestingly, when he’s asked possibly going for the the IWRG Lightweight title, he says he’s heard there will soon be a tournament for a NWA Lightweight championship and he’ll be involved.
Mini Charly Manson wants a shot at Mini Abismo Negro’s mask. It’s good to want things. SoloLuchas also has a random bio of Electroshock, the only Mexican in the Foriegn Legion. (Zorro’s from Spain.)
The Gladiatores also has an interview with the Cirio brothers.
KrisZ’s news update from yesterday.
There’s a lucha libre art exhbit in Austin, TX this weekend.
CMLL (SUN) 09/28 Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1) Thunder Boy vs Ebola
2) Idolo & Nube Roja vs Exterminador & Güero Loco
3) Casanova & Stuka Jr. vs Cien Caras & Infierno
4) Terrible & Texano Jr. vs Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 [OCCIDENTE TAG]
5) Gallo & Hijo del Fantasma vs Malefico & Máscara Mágica [hair, mask]
6) Blue Panther vs Villano V
First singles meeting since the mask match between those two. It’s the rudos putting their hairs on the line versus tecnico’s masks. I don’t know why either team wants the western tag team titles when I think about it, but okay.
CMLL (TUE) 09/30 Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1) Milenio vs Quazar
2) Impostor vs Egipcio
3) Samurai vs Depradador
4) Metatron vs Super Maquina
5) Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
6) Dos Caras Jr., Leon Blanco, Rayman vs Cien Caras Jr., Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
7) Último Dragón vs Negro Casas
That would’ve been awesome in 1991.
CMLL MEDI CRIT (SAT) 10/04 Gimnasio de la UAT [Dr. Coloso IV @ LMdlL]
1) Astro Boy & Metalik vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Mascarita Dorada & Tzuki vs Pequeño Damian 666 & Pequeño Halloween
3) Máximo, Oro Negro, Shocker vs Baby Lover, Bronco III, Loco Castillo
I presume Shocker’s working this show as an indpendent. The poster lists this as a TV taping.