AAA TV (SUN) 12/08/2013 Auditorio de la Gente, Tepic, Nayarit
***Guerra de Titanes, 2013***
1) Dinastía, Ludxor, Venum vs El Apache, Machine Rocker, Mini Charly Manson
2) Angélico, Fénix, Jack Evans vs Eterno, Pentagón Jr., Steve Pain
3) Pimpinela Escarlata vs Taya Valkyrie, Mamba, Jennifer Blake, Faby Apache, Pasion Kristal, Yuriko, ? [cage, hair]
4) Blue Demon Jr. vs Electroshock [AAA LA]
Blue Demon Jr. is champion. First defense.
5) Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Fantasma, Silver King, Texano Jr. [AAA TRIOS]
Psycho Circus are champions. Third defense.
6) Cibernético, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, El Mesías, La Parka vs Daga, Jeff Jarrett, Parka Negra, Psicosis
Air Date: 12/14 & 12/21.
AAA also has a travel/tourism package, so I’d guess the unusual pick of Tepic as a location is because of some greater tourism deal. If you’re going, you’re probably going because you want to check out the city and you also get a TV taping thrown in, not because there’s anything super compelling here.
The main event is the Aguascalientes main event plus Jeff Jarrett & Mesias added to each side. Jeff Jarrett is treated like he’s important by AAA but not as much by the fans. The rest of the match is a repeat, and another instance of AAA pushing off anything meaningful the second half of the year. This is weird – I don’t really want to see La Parka/Parka Negra or Perro/Jarrett but they would understandable be more marketable matches. There’s a good chance the atomicos format could hide more weakness and actually turn out to be the better match, but it’s also not a big main event for a major show.
I would guess Mesias beats Jarrett to balance out his loss to AJ, but it’s Jarrett in AAA so anything is possible.
All the AAA trios title matches in the last 18 months
- 2012-05-19 Plaza de Toros Belisario Arteaga, Chilpancingo, Guerrero – Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano, Toscano b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown [AAA TRIOS]
- 2012-08-19 Centro Banamex – Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr., Toscano b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown [AAA TRIOS]
- 2012-09-23 Unidad Deportiva 20 de Noviembre, Campeche – Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr., Toscano [AAA TRIOS]
- 2013-02-18 Lienzo Charro Ignacio León Ornelas, Irapuato – Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr., Toscano [AAA TRIOS]
- 2013-03-03 Domo de San Luis, San Luis Potosi – Monsther Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Argos, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano [AAA TRIOS]
You’d think the Rockers (remember them?) or La Secta would’ve gotten a shot.
Again, just like Texano & Psycho Clown, this could be an actually good match but the program has gone on way too long and the mere existence of it is a turnoff. They’ve also centered things on Hijo del Tirantes, which means nothing really matters until he starts rejected Psycho Circus possible wins and Tirantes either gets away with it or gets replaced by Piero (probably the latter this time.) Nothing matters until that occurs and that’s not an novel occurrence.
Blue Demon Jr. and Electroshock will attempt to have a super technical match and good luck to them.
The mystery spot in the women/exotico’s match – which may actually turn out to be the final match given they have to set up and tear down a cage – should have been Mary Apache based on the build up. Maybe Dorian got her booked in Japan too. I’d guess it’s now the return of Sexy Star (and she’ll be right back to feuding with Faby Apache in Consejo/Psycho fashion), but it’ll be one of the exoticos who lose their hair.
First two matches both look outstanding; coincidentally or not, they’re both the matches AAA didn’t set up at all and just threw guys out there. They’re also both likely only airing on UTDN. (AAA could run better CMLL style cards than CMLL could run AAA cards.) Pentagon Jr. on the rudo team kind of looks like a replacement for Juvi, but it may just be coincidence since Eterno is still on the team and he’s unlikely due to injury. The trios match works, but the card would’ve seemed a bit more special if they had split into two title matches – Fenix vs Pentagon, Jack/Angelico vs Eterno/Pain. Seven matches, three for titles, would’ve had the look of a more meaningful card. I have almost no problem with the trios, but it’d be helpful for those titles to mean something more often and doing the title matches now wouldn’t prevent them from doing them again later.
Machine Rocker returns against three awesome tecnicos! This is a combination sure to work well. I am not really excited about this card overall, but those opening matches are much better than I thought we’d get out of Guerra de Titanes. I wish the card was overall stronger for AAA’s own sake – if this draws more than half a house, I’d credit local promotion and the newness of the arena over anything on the card – but they’re giving something to look forward to with the first couple matches.
AAA’s last taping of the year is on 12/14, though it probably won’t air until 2014.