Toryumon Mexico (SUN) 10/06/2013 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca [The Gladiatores]
1) Graco El Gladiador & Leonidas b Super Peluche & Yoruba
2) Crazy Star (F), Felina Metalica, Star Fire b Anime, Babe Star, Mystique
3) Black Thunder & Hanaoka b Infierno & Krator and Hacha & Piel Roja
Black Thunder replaced Douki.
4) Magnus, Oro Jr., Super Ciudadano b Akuma, Cholo, Pantera Asesina
Pantera Asesina “replaced” Patan. Ciudadano is a sponsored character. Yoruba attacked Ciudadano, in what seemed the build up to an apuesta match.
5) Atlantis & Último Dragón b Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero
Ultimo Dragon beat Gran Guerrero with the Dragon Cutter. Usual challenges followed
Attendance looks down in the pictures, for what it matters. (They may have just not given away as many tickets.) The winners got the usual boxes of merchandise. They should have one more show in December, which is usually the Young Dragon’s Cup.
CMLL (SUN) 10/06/2013 Arena Mexico [@therealfredo, CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Shockercito & Último Dragoncito b Mercurio & Pequeño Olímpico
Tecnicos took 1/3 in a good opener.
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Camorra, Hooligan b Hombre Bala Jr., Stigma, Súper Halcón Jr.
Rudos took 2/3. Hooligan beat Hombre Bala in the third, Super Halcon beat Hooligan and had a hold on Arkangel, but Camorra stole Stigma’s mask and rolled him up for the win. Rudos denied any cheating in the post match interview (which also included Isis given a chance to talk only to forget her line.)
3) Fuego, Sagrado, Tritón b Boby Zavala, Hijo del Signo, Puma
Fuego replaced Diamante, Hijo del Signo replaced Misterioso. Tecnicos took 2/3. Sagrado used his Devil’s Wings variation on Puma for the win. Another good match. Triton mentioned he currently has an ankle injury (the one he picked up Tuesday.)
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush b Dragón Rojo Jr., Tiger, Vangellys
Tecnicos took 1/3, despite Vangelis nicely spearing Marco in mid Aeroitalia run in the second. Another good match. In his post match interview, Rush mocked the usual “Good afternoon fans!” lines that tecnicos (and some rudos) do to get cheers
5) Virus b Guerrero Maya Jr. [CMLL SL]
Seconds were Pequeno Olimpico (who was visibly taller than Virus) and Fuego. Virus took the first with a submission, while Maya used a Sacrifica Maya and a choke to tie it up. Both falls were primarily on the mat, which the crowd was quiet but respectful towards. They pulled out bigger spots in a long third fall, including Virus pulling off the same casadora super powerbomb move he beat Maya in their previous title match, only for Maya to kick out this time. Lots of kickouts, and the crowd was very into the match. Virus finally won with a nudo variant. Virus makes a successful fifth defense. Virus gave Maya credit for his skill but refused any idea of a mask/title match since Maya had not won and did not deserve a rematch.
6) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Mistico DQ Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 2/3. First two falls were super quick (this was one of the longer Sunday shows in some time.) Ultimo Guerrero got caught on his toss->behind the back foul move on Mistico for the DQ.
This was one of the strongest Sunday shows they’ve had on Terra. The main event wasn’t much, but everything else was at least good and the Guerrero Maya versus Virus match felt like one of the best CMLL matches of the year.
Guerero Maya, being the world’s best tecnico, apologized to everyone for letting us down and not winning the title. He really didn’t let anyone down, that was quite a match. And an actual title defense in Arena Mexico. CMLL used to have feuding people repeat title matches in various buildings more often, and they’d do well to repeat this match elsewhere.
Camorra versus Stigma appears to be a real feud, it’s just a matter of when they’ll be getting to the mask match, and if they’ll get lost along the way like Metalico and Hijo del Signo. (They seem to be doing better than those two so far.) I’m thinking it has a chance to be another 01/01 apuesta match, but that’s still along way to go. However long it’s going to take, it’s going to get Camorra booked much more regularly than he ever has been.
CMLL (SUN) 10/06/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) El Capitan & Explosivo b El Yaki & Satara
A new debuting Explosivio, who led his team to victory in falls 1/3.
2) El Hippie I & El Hippie II b Évola & Sádico
Hippies took falls 2 (excessive violence DQ) and 3 for the win.
3) Infierno, Maléfico, Ráfaga b El Ídolo, Esfinge, Metatrón
Rudos were again DQed for excessive violence in the first fall of this match. This time, the rudos rebounded to take falls 2/3.
4) Valiente b Niebla Roja
Valiente took 2/3 to win. Niebla Roja paid tribute after the match to his recently deceased uncle, Gato Chávez.
5) La Sombra & Titán DQ Psicosis & Volador Jr.
Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Volador pulled Sombra’s mask for the DQ.
Valiente & Niebla Roja sounds good in the summary. New Explosivo doesn’t look a lot like the old one, though I’m not positive I know which one it is.
Dorian Roldan talked with Apolo Valdes of MedioTiempo about the Dr. Wagner situation, expanding on the press release. Dorian explains Dr. Wagner was having problems with a third party trying to trademark his name in the US for their own purposes, knew AAA was working on securing trademarks in the US already, and asked if AAA would take care of it for him. Wagner even said he’d rather have AAA have control of it rather than anyone else, according to Dorian. Dorian repeated that the name is not fully trademarked and Wagner can have it, if he’ll pay the legal costs they already paid (which Dorian notes is cheaper than suing them.) Dorian says they have not heard from Wagner at all but their door is open. Dorian also says they have no interest in giving the Wagner name to someone else, saying it has no value for them in that way.
I still think the most likely outcome is Wagner doesn’t pay AAA, AAA doesn’t do anything with this and the trademark just goes away. (And then someone else steals in the US and Wagner blames AAA.)
Arena Lopez Mateos is running a Dos Caras retirement show on 11/16. Dos suggested his Mexico City retirement was in 2014 in the SuperLuchas interview, but perhaps I misunderstood.
Rob has highlights of AAA 08/09/13.
Photos from the annual mass to honor Antonio Pena.
Random photo from Pantera’s old band.
Lucha Libre In Japan
Hijo del Pantera is on the current Wrestle-1 tour, though it looks like he’ll just be wrestling openers. Winning is better than losing. They’re talking about doing no weight divisions, which would not work out well for him.
In NOAH, Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV kept the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship, and Super Crazy nominated himself and Pesadilla as challengers. Two other NOAH teams challenged, but the story is Liger doesn’t think much of any of the NOAH junior heavyweights. Crazy might be able to get the shot.
CMLL (SUN) 10/13/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Espanto Jr. & Ramstein
2) Metálico, Stigma, Súper Halcón Jr. vs Camorra, Canelo Casas, Disturbio
3) Tritón vs Sangre Azteca [lightning]
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma vs Misterioso Jr., Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
5) Mistico, Thunder, Valiente vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
6) Atlantis, La Máscara, Titán vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Mephisto, Volador Jr.
Not as good a card. You could make one really good match and one really not good match out of the top 2 with some changes. Arena Coliseo champs in Arena Coliseo always could set up something. Sangre Azteca better either win or protect his face when Triton goes up top. Camorra versus Stigma still happening.
DTU (SUN) 10/13/2013 Arena Pavilion del Norte
1) Kaleth vs Ángel del Misterio, Jhonky, Optiums, Kalibus, El Lacandón
2) La Magnifica, Lady Puma, Sexy Lady vs ?, Lolita, Zuzu Divine
3) Chica Ye-Ye, Espartaco, Hacker, Lince De Oro vs Boy Rocker, Dance Boy, Demente Extreme, Tempestad
4) Artikus & Drastik Boy vs Flamita & Rocky Lobo and Lanzeloth & Septimo Dragon and ? & Niño Hamburguesa
surprise will be a Monterrey wrestler
5) Violento Jack vs Kaientai
6) Crazy Boy & Joe Lider vs Aero Boy & X-Fly and Black Fire & Lord Byron and Ángel o Demonio & Ovett
Another TVC Deportes taping. I don’t know what Kaientai’s agent was thinking about, getting him booked in that triangle match. It’s very dangerous.
Still surprised DTU hasn’t made/found a set of tag team titles, since this is essentially a tag team promotion for at least as long as Crazy Boy & Joe Lider have the AAA titles.