IWRG (SUN) 06/23/2013 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Acero (IWRG) & Seiya b Dragón Celestial & Epidemia
2) Dragoncito De Oro, Mini Multifacetico, Voladorcito b Bracito De Plata, Mini Canis Lupus, Super Bracito
3) Trauma I & Trauma II DDQ Eterno & Súper Nova
FdT took the first, Traumas took the second, Eterno & Trauma I fouled each other and Trauma II & Super Nova pulled each other’s masks in the third for the draw.
4) Hijo de Pirata Morgan b Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [IWRG IC MIDDLE]
Apolo Estrada worked as Mascara’s second, Alan Extreme as Pirata’s econd. Pirata took the first with a submission. Mascara won the second with a super powerbomb. Apolo helped Mascara in the third, but Pirata overcame to take the third and win. Hijo de Pirata Morgan’s first defense.
5) Dr. Cerebro b X-Fly [cage, hair, bull terrier]
Not only a cage match for the hair, but a cage match with a bull terrier chain. Eterno & Super Nova attacked Cerebro before the match and were rejected. Both bled and used weapons. They had a 10 minute match before they were allowed to leave. X-Fly tried sentons when he could left, missed both. Cerebro superplexed X-Fly, missile dropkicked him, and escaped for the win.
X-Fly drops to 1-16 in known hair matches. It’s a very strong 1 and 16. Show did not air on LAS.
CMLL held a press conference today – sort of it. It was just to mention the award Blue Panther is getting in Durango, mention him reaching 25 years of wrestling, and to have Rey Escorpion and Averno challenge him to a hair match. And that seems to be it. They made Blue Panther vs Rey Escorpion and Panther vs Averno sound appealing, and it’s unclear they’re going to do either.
A show in Merida headlined by a Santo vs Demon singles match looks to have drawn well. Santo posted a photo of that arena, not so much the TxT one. Also, they didn’t end up doing the singles match without other people getting involved, of course.
Also, el Hijo del Santo further explains the deal about his WBC(/CMB) championship being changed from open weight to welterweight: they’re planning on adding a heavyweight title. Yay, another title. Santo first suggests names – Canek, Rayo, “Eddie Karoui”, Oliver John, Blue Demon Jr. – but then pivots and says there will be four tournaments in Mexico, Japan, United States, and Europe with the winners feeding in another Mexico final tournament. I enjoy the comedy here. Santo notes nothing is set yet. Santo also boasts about how these titles aren’t bound by any promotion and are the greatest in the world, even though they’re clearly not going to be defended without the express permission of TxT.
Black Terry Jr. has photos of the Pentagon Jr. vs Fenix vs Drago vs Aerostar match for the AAA Fusion title match and the rest of the show. Highlights here, and he’s going to be selling video of the match. Unclear why Ichiban gets better sounding matches than your average Fusion show (or TripleMania.) AAA spot show policy is so random – you get match like this which would be an exciting match on any show they’d run, and you get things like the an AAA team not just being treated like equals in IWL tournaments, but losing in the first round like non-stars.
The Guadalajara based Super Libre radio show interviewed Demus about his knee injury. He said his knee was similar to Lluvia’s, but he’ll only be out four months. Back in time for Halloween! Demus got a phone call of well wishes from Sin Cara and posted some surgery photos on Twitter. The Super Libre program also mentioned they’re going to try and (video) record the Blue Panther & Valiente vs Virus & Negro Casas tag match in Guadalajara tomorrow.
Villano V mentions he’s going to be promoting shows featuring his family and “other people not featured in big companies”, does not actually mention when or where the shows will be but has a lot of plans for all the money he’s going to make running wrestling shows. The press conference to actually announce the shows is July 4th.
Rob has highlights of the most recent Fusion taping.
- Canek hopes to get the masks of Dr. Wagner, Dos Caras and Mil Mascaras before retiring. So do I.
- Psycho Clown is ready for a rematch with the TNA/WWL trio. I am not ready for a rematch. I will never be ready.
- Dr. Wagner Jr., and La Parka, Pimpinela and Yuriko will appear on 52MX’s Score Final this Thursday.
- DJ Spectro looks back at Perro Aguayo vs Rene Guajarado.
- Ricky Marvin picked up a title in XNL.
- Frequent retiree Vampiro appeared on Deportivo Caliente.
- Candaian Silve Silver, who had a training session with CMLL a few months ago, is working for LLF this Friday.
- Trailer for Ultimo Dragon’s proposed graphic novel.
- Laredo Kid and friends put on a special show for the regional 15-16 year old all star baseball team, heading next to Mexico City for country championship.
- Whoever designed this poster for the local promoter probably needs to update their Texano photos. Texano has a title belt, but it’s a (CMLL) Occidente Tag Team title.
Lucha Libre in Japan
Remember how CMLL has tag team titles? They remembered too! Terrible and Sombra are headed to NJPW for a tour from 07/05 to 07/20 to (likely) defend both their titles. (Sombra says he leaves next Wednesday.) Terrible and Tama Tonga defend the CMLL World Tag Team Championship against Tanahashi & Lyger on the start of the tour on 07/05, and appear to be the favorites in that match. Terrible will be teaming with Tonga and the rest of Prince Devitt’s Bullet Club for the rest of the tour. Sombra faces Nakamura on the last day of the tour, and it’ll probably be a title match if Sombra can get past Volador on Friday. The August NJPW G1 lineup will also be announced on the July 5th show, which could involve one or both of the CMLL wrestlers and would probably mean they’d just stay continuously in Japan until the middle of August.
In exchange, NJPW is sending Taichi back to Mexico once again, from July 24th to TBD. It’s the usual bit of NJPW Junior sent to Mexico during the G1, which means he wouldn’t be back to Japan until the middle of August at the earliest. Really wish BUSHIROAD had just joined up with Okumura so he wouldn’t have to resort to such horrors. (No mention of when Bushi’s going back – he may be here the same length.) It’s an exchange but not really – Taichi is on the same NJPW tour as the CMLL guys, he’s only coming to Mexico after that.
CMLL (SUN) 06/30/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Molotov & Sensei vs Camorra & Zayco
2) Bushiroad, Diamante, Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo
3) Dark Angel vs Princesa Blanca [lightning]
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Sagrado vs Felino, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
5) La Sombra, Shocker, Thunder vs Pierroth, Rey Bucanero, Volador Jr.
6) Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis vs La Máscara, Rush, Titán [MEX TRIOS]
Invasors are champions. 2nd defense.
I have trouble imagining those three tecnicos having a conversation, much less being trios champions together.
The semimain looks like a struggle, but the fourth match seems to be a follow up on Okumura fouling Delta last week. Maybe a title match in process? Lightning match should be a lot of fun too.