indy (TUE) 02/26/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania Monterrey]
1) Eclipso & Enviado b Aguila Azteca & Viernes 13
2) Lady Jaguar b Cruzito
Lady Jaguar has defeated men two weeks in a row.
3) Dark Genix & Misionero b Black Crazy & Chico de Barrio
4) Corazon Chicano & Dralion b Rey Imagen & Rey Orion
5) Gato Fantasma & Silencio b Galactar & Pancho Tequila
Pancho Tequila is very charismatic.
6) Androide, Hijo Del Mongol Chino, Potro Jr. DQ Bengali, Difunto I, Monje Negro Jr.
Androide sided with the LUM invaders and refused to help his partners. Still, the ACM/Guapos Nice team nearly won before Potro I ran in for the DQ. Everyone beat up the tecnicos after the match.
IWRG (THU) 02/28/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) Galaxie b Araña de Plata
2) Ángel Del Amor & Mr. Leo b Fulgore & Imposible
Amor is 2-0 in IWRG.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Eita, Tomahawk b Black Terry, Chico Che, Freelance
Debut of Dragon Gate’s Tomahawk here. Apolo – wearing a Bizarros t-shirt – snuck in a foul on Black Terry for the win.
4) Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro, Golden Magic b Canis Lupus, Carta Brava Jr., Eterno
Dinamic Black led his team to the win, but was hurt and strechered out.
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Tinieblas Jr., Veneno b Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Mascara and Wagner hit each other by mistake and Mascara remembered he hated Wagner for help costing him his mask. Mascara attacked Wagner and left him for the tecnicos to pin.
There are two big weekends of lucha libre this March, and today kicks off the first. Over the next three days, AAA is running two TV tapings, CMLL is kicking off an important tournament and the longest reigning champions will defend their titles, and IWRG has a big mask match. There’s others shows which might generate some news: a show in Tijauna tonight, the Emilio Charles Jr. tribute show on Saturday, an Arena Lopez Mateos show with TxT wrestlers the same day (still with Santo/V4 as a team at last check, which will be interesting at the least), benefit shows for Astro de Plata, Maximo & Super Porky in Monterrey (a good fit) and Polvora defending his title versus Mascara Dorada in Guadalajara (non-TV, as far as we can figure.) At some point, we might actually learn a match for Rey de Reyes, which would be thrilling.
The big show tonight is the AAA Fusion taping in Arena Neza. AAA is beating CMLL at it’s own game, running two tournaments on one night. They’re listed differnetly, but appear to be traditional AAA Spring staples under slightly different names. The AAA Fusion tournament is four fourway matches with a fourway final – that’s the traditional Rey de Reyes tournament structure and might have replaced it’s on the calender if the final is at Rey de Reyes as rumored. The women are in a tournament for the vacant women’s title, which is essentially the 2013 Reina de Reinas tournament just not named as such. (And maybe that’s headed to the Rey de Reyes card too.)
The one Fusion fourway we’re certain on includes Pentagon Jr., Aerostar, Ultimo Gladiador and Juventued Guerrera. Aerostar and Ultimo Gladiador are probably just happy Fusion exists so they can get on TV. Pentagon and Juvi are the favorites; I’m rooting for Pentagon but either one could fit in the final. The other group is a bit of fog. Angelico (returning) and Halloween are scheduled and they’ll be there, but Ricky Marvin is as well and he’s in Germany right now. AAA has not addressed this at all, which is typical, and TVC Deportes has just stopped mentioning Ricky. (AAA’s Facebook plug for this card is highlighted by people sarcastically asking if Ricky will be using transporter technology to make this show.) There’s also a mystery spot in that group; I’ve originally been told it would be a US indy guy making his debut here, but now I’ve separately been told it’s a Mexican making their return. I dunno. There’s two open spots, both could be true, or I could end up totally wrong here. The new guy would normally be a favorite, but there may be three different new guys here. No idea how this will go.
The actual main event is a Rockers vs Psycho Clown main event – should be a Rockers win to set up the next title feud, but we thought that last time and were surprised – but the other important matches on the show are part of the Reinas de Reina tournament. There are four first round matches, with no hint of brackets (or if there’s just a four way final later.) LuFisto makes her debut and should advance past Cinthia Moreno, and it’d be a shock for Faby Apache to lose to Sexy Lady. The other two matches – Mary Apache vs Lolita and new tecnica Jennifer Blake vs Taya Valkyrie – are more unpredictable. LuFisto appears to be here as a tecnica, which means they need two rudas to balance the match, but that’s also no sure thing.
Over in Arena Mexico, the Torneo Increíble de Parejas kicks off. The eight teams include two former tag champion teams (Volador & Sombra and Shocker & Mr. Niebla), three more teams who were recently in title matches against each other (Marco & Kraneo, Maximo & Aguila, Maya & Casas) and one guy who unmasked the other guy (La Mascara & Averno.) That last one seems like the pair least likely to get along enough to win even one match while the two title winning teams seem most likely to win the whole thing. I’m hoping the Voaldor & Sombra team stays intact long enough to go against Mephisto & Mascara Dorada or Negro Casas & Guerrero Maya, since they seem like the best chances for good matches in this format. Volador & Sombra and Shocker & Niebla seem like the favorites based on histories.
The most intriguing part of this tournament is the actually reveal of the second half of the brackets, which might be announced today (and might be changed later!) Atlantis has won this tournament every year they’ve held it, which makes it likely he’ll at least make the final. If last year is an indication of the final, the losing team in the final is destined to have an apuesta match in September, and there’s one person left in CMLL everyone expects Atlantis face for the masks. This is a sort of Groundhog’s Day deal – if you see/hear Atlantis is teaming with Ultimo Guerrero next week, then signs look good for a big 80th Anniversario. If Atlantis is teaming with anyone else, then it’s a long winter (and whoever wins this bracket might be the match instead.)
CMLL Gaceta‘s preview focuses on Mistico’s return, teaming with his brother Rush and Atlantis vs the Guerreros. (There’s Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero again.) The undercard features more Amapola/Estrellita facing off. The opener has two teams who desperately need team names – Super Halcon & Hombre Bala facing Bobby Zavala & Disturbio.
The CMLL show in Queretaro last night seems about one third full.
A promoter in Tampico says AAA will be taping there in May.
Rob has highlights of 12/11/11 Perros del Mal, is running out of Perros del Mal shows.
Bill has highlights of Arena Coliseo Guadalajara 11/06/12.
- Deportivo feels the H2L card is not strong enough.
- AAA luchadors were part of a party for children with limited resources.
- Carta Brava (IWL) and Dragon Rojo Jr. visited with a special needs child before this weekend’s IWL show.
- Texano says adding Argos will keep Consejo a great team.
- Porra Fresa has a preview of Monday’s card.
- CMLL promo for Amapola vs Estrellita.
- Highlights of the latest IWRG vs Konkreto cibernetico.
- Villano V says he may start promoting events at Palacio de los Deportes after he retires.
- Talavision is creating the offical t-shirt of Rey de Reyes (not pictured.)
- The Mexican football federation has officially banned headscissors. A sad day for wacky celebrations.
GALLI (SUN) 03/03/2013 Arena GALLI
1) Dark Scorpion & El Traidor vs Negro Thunder & Will Moah
2) Chico Suave vs Jon Morales
3) GPA & Ripper vs Matt Creed & Pentagono
4) Golden Dragon & Joe Firoz vs Henry Maxwell & Muerte Extranjera
5) Aaron Solo, Darren Dean, Tony Kozina vs Discovery, Emperador, Funebre
6) Noriega & Ricky Cruz vs Mike Anthony & Punisher 747 [GALLI TAG]
Punisher & Mike are champs
7) Acid Jazz, Atomico, Lince Dorado vs Jake Shining, Mason Conrad, Ovirload
That is former IWRG mystery man Ricky Cruzz in the semimain as Noriega’s hand picked partner to challenge for the tag team title. It is a small world. I’m completely uncertain where I will be on Sunday, may be here.
LyC (TUE) 03/05/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Lady Jaguar vs Dark Genix
2) Galactar, Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II vs Los Legendarios
3) Silencio vs Dralion, Gato Fantasma, Rey Orion, Obsesion, Black Spirit, Kaientai, Xtreme Boy, Chico De Barrio, Misionerio [Copa Crucero, First Part]
4) Androide, Hijo Del Mongol Chino, Mongol Chino, Potro Jr. vs ?, Bengali, Difunto I, Monje Negro Jr.
Poor Guapos Nice are stuck with Androide again this week. Maybe he can be reprogrammed?
Semimain is the first half of a flyer’s tournament, I think.