IWRG (SUN) 01/27/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, The Gladiatores]
1) Araña de Plata Jr. & Fulgore b Astro Rey Jr. & Seiya
straight falls for the rudos.
2) Chico Che, Freelance, Suicida b Alan Extreme, Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman
Said to be very good, money thrown in the ring. Suicida’s first match here since August.
3) el Ángel b Trauma II [IWRG IC MIDDLE]
Trauma tried to take the belt back to his corner after the pre-match photo, which annoyed Angel into hitting him. Trauma fought back and came off as the rudo while winning the first fall with a powerbomb in a minute. Angel won a quick second fall, then took the third with an armbar in a long third fall to keep the title. Trauma was too over confident and sucked into the armbar. Fourth defense.
4) Factor, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Toscano b Extreme Tiger, Trauma I, Veneno
Mascara & Toscano had no problems. Rudos took 1/3, Mascara pinning Veneno. Trauma was hurt on a dive in the third fall to Toscano.
5) Negro Navarro b Texano Jr. [FLLM MASTER]
Seconds were Trauma II and Mascara JR. Negro Navarro submitted Texano in the first, Texano beat Navarro with a backbreaker in the second. Mascara interfered a lot in the third, and Trauma II did a dive on him. Referee ejected Mascara, so Toscano showed up as Texano’s second. Texano was not happy with this, and while Texano and the ref looked at Toscnao, Trauma II gave Texano a reverse neckbreaker. Navarro submitted Texano to keep the title. At least the second defense for Navarro.
Trauma II mentioned his brother hurt his knee and ankle in his match.
CMLL has updated today’s Puebla lineup to rename the new guy “Thunder.” There was no Thunderbird, there’s never been Thunderbird. He’s not the first Thunder – there’s a guy around Reynosa who was using that name at least a year ago, and I have a result of someone using the name Thunder in 1991. Of course, “Trueno” – the luchador who seems to be out of CMLL at the moment – is also Spanish for “Thunder.”
Rob suggested he beat teamed with Relampago, and I agree as long as it’s the Relampago Azul from Guadalajara and not the Mexico City guy. Definitely not the Mexico City guy.
Rob posted highlights of early April 2002 CMLL. I distinctly remember the Giant Singh/Giant Silva trios match being *** stars, which is about *** better than I thought it had any right to be. They worked like 3 spots in the match and the rest was due to Dr. Wagner Jr. having a good match back in his pre-annoying days (I miss those), but the 3 spots were absolutely fine.
Photos, though no results, from Satuday’s AAA show in Cuilapam.
The Ichiban Street Fighter show looks amusing (scroll down to the last pictures.) Black Mamba was hurt on the show and did not finish his match.
Yucatan’s PYCV promotion explains their history.
Short bio of IWRG’s Niko, including a plug for his Facebook.
Lucha Libre in the US (more or less)
- Samuray del Sol b Eita [11:30]
- Rick Swann b Eita [13:53]
- AR Fox b Samuray del Sol [12:39]
- Chuck Taylor b Eita [12:48]
- Samuray del Sol b Ryo Saito [14:51]
All shows available on WWNLive. Eita’s lack of success probably means he’s not progressed enough to return to the greater Dragon Gate universe right now. It’s IWRG’s gain.
AAA Kadena (SUN) 02/03/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) ? vs ??
2) ? vs ??
3) ? vs ??
4) ? vs ??
5) Casandro, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Pimpinela Escarlata, Silver Star, Tigre Universitario
6) Electroshock & Juventud Guerrera vs Carlito & Shawn Daivari
Someone’s used the random match generator.
CMLL (SUN) 02/03/2013 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Höruz vs Herodes Jr. & Zayco
2) Magnus, Stigma, Super Halcón Jr. vs Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Zeuxis
4) Diamante, Máscara Dorada, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Misterioso Jr., Puma
5) Pólvora vs Valiente [CMLL WELTER]
Polvora is champion. Second defense.
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
World trios champs vs national trios champs
You may say “gosh, that women’s match will probably be horrible”, but I say “don’t care, will be watching football, hope 52MX doesn’t edit Polvora/Valiente too much!”
CMLL (SUN) 02/03/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Azteca de Oro & Brillante vs Demonio Rojo & Thunder Boy
2) El Alteño & El Ídolo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
3) Black Metal, Gallo, Sky Kid vs Exterminador, In Memoriam, Maléfico
4) Leo vs Sádico [OCCIDENTE WELTER]
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Titán vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Guessing Leo rebounds from last year’s hair loss to win this match.
Main event sounds fun.
First match for Alteno here since last April.