CMLL (TUE) 06/26 Arena Coliseo [cmll]
1) Rayo TapatÃo I & Rayo TapatÃo II b PÃ³lvora & Vaquero
2) Bam Bam, Electrico, Fantasy DQ Mr. Aguilita, PequeÃ±o Damian 666, PequeÃ±o Halloween
3) Hirooki Goto, Ohara, Shigeo Okumura b Leono, Tigre Blanco, Tony Rivera
4) Felino, La Sombra, MictlÃ¡n b Euforia, Nosferatu, Virus
5) Atlantis, OlÃmpico, Universo 2000 b Blue Panther, Heavy Metal, Rey Bucanero
Evil Dark Monkey helped the rudos win the main event. Did the name contest for him get dropped? Mini Damian fouled Bam Bam in the segunda.
AAA has a preview of the 07/01 taping. No new details.
El Halcon #93 is up. Inside:
- Interview with Mini Halloween & Mini Damian, who both note they were really awful when they debuted (prior to this gimmicks.) They’re not awful now. To prepare for last year’s bodybuilding contest, Mini Damian says he dropped from 85 kg to 73 (187 lb to 160). They want Mini Olimpico’s championship (they accuse him of hiding the belt so he doesn’t have to defend it) and Ultimo Dragoncito’s mask.
- preview of a card in Chipas on 07/14
- Interview with Euforia & Nosfearatu. Euforia shares the same trainer as Sobearno Jr, but claims he’s never ever used another name “professionally.” Nosferatu says he wrestled as Camelot three times while living in Chicago – if jtron or Rob or anyone from CPW is reading this, do you recall him at all? They note it’ll be difficult to surpass the success of prior Infernales, but they’re going to try. Satanico’s a very demanding leader.
- History of tag team champions in Mexico, from Super Luchas 216
AAA (MON) 07/18 Auditorio Miguel Barragan [El Sol de San Luis (Potosi)]
1) Bat Boy, Chico Malo, Flechador Justiciero vs Bogar, Principe del Futuro, Simon Blanco
2) America, Cosaco Loco, Maniaco vs Apolo Star, Centella Inca, Sexy Salazar
3) Espiritu, Picudo, Silver Cat vs Aero Star, Brazo de Plata, Super Astro
4) Tiffany & Zumbido vs Cinthia Moreno & Oriental [AAA MIXED TAG]
5) Gronda II, Intocable, La Parka Jr. vs Alan Stone, Head Hunter I, Muerte Cibernetica
BBC Mundo interviews El Hijo del Santo.
Lucha Libre events are offically banned from Auditorio Municipal Torreon.
Mexican Wrestlers Not In Mexico
Chris D pointed out a couple of cameos
06/22 UWA Hardcore: Tyson Dux b Brian Lee – Lee’s apparently part of the Dragon Gym group, and UWA’s the Canadian affilate, so there you go.
Another Dragon guy, Amigo Suzuki worked in CHIKARA over the weekend.
Amigo Suzuki b Rex Sterling [qf, Young Lions Cup]
Chuck Taylor b Lince Dorado, Moscow the Communist Bovine, Player Uno, Ice Cream Jr., Amigo Suzuki [sf, Young Lions Cup]
Hijo de Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr., Amigo Suzuki b Gran Akuma, Icarus, Max Boyer
Billy Roc b Amigo Suzuki
Pantera is headed back to the group at some point (and is going to AJPW at some point prior.) As always, I’d point you towards ChikaraFans.com, who provided these results, for something a bit more coherent about the group. I really need to add a link to them to the sidebar.
Turbo, Skayde, Black Pentagon and Black Thunder are headed to Dragon Gate from July 8th to August 13th.
This is not news, but I think everyone would be well off if Chessman went to NOAH for a tour, like ASAP. I wouldn’t even care about him winning, but it’d be good for him to work with theoretically better guys his size. Whoever’s been laying out his matches of late has done a nice job of making his spear mean something, and I get the impression they’re very slowly grooming him for more down the line. Still, if there’s ever a time to do it, it’s right now as they’re pushing Cibernetico teaming with the tecnicos he hasn’t before. You don’t need Chessman around for that.