CMLL (FRI) 10/05/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Stigma b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo b Hombre Bala Jr., Sensei, Super Halcon Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Tiger b Delta [lightning]
Tiger again snuck in a foul to win a lightning match, this time in 8 mintues.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Sagrado, Valiente b Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
Tecnicos took 2/3, Valiente pinning Taichi for the win.
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Mistico b Dragón Rojo Jr., Euforia, Rey Escorpión
Tecnios took 1/3. Rudos did not get along the whole way, totally fell apart in the third fall. Rey Escorpion & Dragon Rojo beat up Euforia after the match. Rey Escorpion said he’d destroy Euforia, while Dragon Rojo said just he and Rey Escorpion are in the Guerreros.
6) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas b Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush
Leyenda de Azul trophy was shown off during the show to hype next week’s tournament. Band Simple Plan was at the show.
That might be it for Taichi. He’s headed to Japan for another TAKA Michinoku Anniversary match. He’s threatening to return to Mexico, but his stint was always supposed to end around this point.
AAA held a press conference in San Luis Potosi on Friday to hype Heroes Inmortales. The show start time is announced as 5:45pm CT, which usually means a bit after 6 (and over around 9:30.) The article says the biggest argument was between Cibernetico and local promoter Jose Munoz, though the content is unrevealed. Joaquin had to step in to put a stop to it. Cibernetico hyped up teaming with the Sect (and not as much Jack), and everyone else – Mesias, Elegido, Lider, Apache, Ozz – just talked about their match.
The tickets are 120 MX for adults and 50 MX for kids; $10 US is a much cheaper ticket then the recent big Mexico City events, about CMLL Fan Appreciation show prices. AAA really should pack the house for a show this important at those prices.
Sunday coverage note: My plan is to run a chat here around 5 pm so we can all complain about Terra’s feed not working in one centralized location, then it’ll go as long as AAA feels like putting updates.
Bill has highlights of last week’s IWRG.
- CMLL PR hype for Tama Tonga, saying he’ll surely being going after Rush’s title. La Catedral wrote last night that Tonga would be coming in as a rudo.
- Alex Koslov again said he’d be open to returning to Mexico once or twice a year, but hasn’t talked to either of the two promotions.
- Estrellas del Ring has words from the Antonio Pena memorial and from Perro Aguayo Jr. at Thursday’s show.
- GALLI has a show this weekend.
- Mil Mascaras, Dos Caras and Sicodelico sign autographs next weekend.
Lucha Libre in Japan
10/03 STARDOM: Nanae Takahashi & Miho Wakizawa TLD Io Shirai & Dark Angel
20 minute draw
IWRG (THU) 10/11/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Johnny Rivera vs Infierno Kid Jr.
2) Centvrión & Freelance vs Alan Extreme & Tóxico DF
3) Freyser, La Cobra, Relampago vs Carta Brava, Factor, Violencia Jr.
4) el Ángel, Trauma II, Veneno vs Heddi Karaoui, Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
5) Negro Navarro & Trauma I vs Bestia 666 & Damián 666 [IWRG IC TAG]
Negro Navarro, Trauma I are the tag champs
Familia 666 has been elsewhere for the last month, but are back to resume their feud with the Navarros.
Toxico is back. Toxico is back? Toxico hasn’t been here since May.
CMLL (FRI) 10/12/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcon Jr. vs Bobby Zavala & Disturbio
2) Fuego, Starman, Triton vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Shigeo Okumura, Skándalo
3) León vs Amapola [lightning]
4) Atlantis vs La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Diamante Azul, Super Porky, Shocker, Rush, Diamante, Terrible, Euforia, Kráneo, Mr. Niebla, Tama Tonga, Último Guerrero, Mr. Águila, Misterioso Jr.[Leyenda de Azul]
Mr. Niebla is last year’s champ. Terrible is 2008 champion.
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Titán vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
That seems like really fun main event. Guadalajara Super Sky Team!
I got 13 out of 16 in the match (had Mephisto, Olimpico and Hijo del Fantasma instead of Mr. Aguila, Atlantis and Shocker.) Diamante Azul is so the obvious pick that he probably won’t win. CMLL seems to be taking the month off already, so it really could be anyone. I expect Tonga to beat Rush somewhere along the line.