CMLL (SUN) 09/16/2012 Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi [El Teatro de Memo]
5) Rush DQ Terrible
Total street fight. Both were counted out brawling in between (and with) the chairs in the crowd, which seemed to count as two falls. Terrible fouled Rush for the loss.
CMLL (TUE) 09/18/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Kaiser Sports]
1) Bengala & Oro Jr. b Espanto Jr. & Herodes Jr.
Espanto debuts with a loss.
2) Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior b Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Último Dragoncito
Rudos took 1/3. Violencia pinned Astral with a top rope senton, and Warrior legdropped Halcon.
3) La Comandante, La Seductora, Lady Apache b Estrellita, Lady Afrodita, Luna Mágica
Rudas took 2/3. Comandante replaced Tiffany. Apache pinned Afrodita.
4) Sagrado b Namajague [lightning]
Sagrado, having lost 4 straight lightning match, rebounded with a win in just over 6:21.
5) Black Warrior, Kráneo, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr.
Angel de Oro was scheduled for the match, but appeared on crutches and was replaced by Stuka. No specific explanation of Oro’s injury. No cast. Psicosis beat Stuka, and Mije pinned Delta.
6) Ephesto, Mephisto, Misterioso Jr. b Atlantis, Mistico, Titán
Ephesto surprised Atlantis to take the first fall. Mistico & Titan dived on Ephesto & Misterioso in the second, with Mephisto running into the Atlantida. Mephisto snuck in a foul on Titan without Tirantes catching him to win the match. Titan asked for a singles match. Mephisto did not accept or decline, but mocked Titan and took his mask.
No lineup for next week quite yet.
CMLL (TUE) 09/18/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@alexruizglez, Fuego en el Ring (4)]
4) Olímpico b Diamante [OCCIDENTE HEAVY]
Olimpico won the title. It was billed as the light heavyweight title, but Diamante was heavyweight champ and it’s the physical heavyweight title.
5) La Máscara, Máximo, Prince Devitt DQ Euforia, Rey Escorpión, Volador Jr.
Volador fouled Devitt for the DQ.
Olimpico told Fuego en el Ring he’s proud to be champion because he started out in Guadalajara 22 years old, and he feels an Occidente championship is as important as a national or world title. Olimpico notes the match was fast, but especially the first fall, but says the are a lot of fans on Tuesday in Guadalajara are not there to pay attention to the matches, so he just ignores their reactions. He’d like to do a real championship bout in Guadalajara on a Sunday some time.
Shocker’s been pulled from his match this week. There’s no official word for why, but given how he looked on Monday in Puebla…https://twitter.com/By_Noye/status/247927370810548224
…it sounded like Shocker showed up in no condition to perform, again, and is suspended. La Mascara replaces him on Friday, Super Porky on Monday.
Zayco hasn’t been mentioned on CMLL shows since the middle July. He and other CMLL luchadors worked a weekend of shows in Los Mochis, Sinola, the area where Zayco is from. On one of those shows, Zayco was stabbed in the back all the way to the lung. Zayco, who now has a scar on his back, says he had a long rehab and was fortunate to be with his family. His family didn’t want him to go back to Mexico City, but Zayco wanted to go back for the fans. He plans on targeting the Generacion 2012 kids, to see if they live up to their names. Zayco’s had a tough time of over the last 18 months, having also suffered an eye injury due to Robin.
IWRG announced their Sunday shows will air live on AYM Sports. In Mexico City, it’s 13.2 and various different numbers on cable stations. AYM Sports is also available in some US cable systems in their Latino packages. I get it on Comcast, as it’s the network where Sobre el Ring and the Tinieblas wrestlers shows have aired this year. The IWRG show is said to debut this Sunday at 7 pm. AYM lists basketball in that time slot, but AYM listings are frequently incorrect.
Rob has highlights of the 09/13/02 CMLL Anniversary show
Bill has highlights of the 05/22/12 Guadalajara show
- Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi will host a charity show Friday for luchador Makabrik, who lost an eye in attack.
- Cosmos and Poseidon meet in a mask match in Xalapa this Sunday.
- A panel discussion of lucha libre comics will take place in Mexico City tomorrow.
- “Tales of Masked Men”, a film airing on PBS at the end of the month, will be screened on tomorrow.
- CM Landrus writes about both that film and Viva Lucha Libre
- There’s a lucha libre art exhibit in Chicago opening October 5.
- R de Rudo has a recap of the IWL show, explains how the electrified cage worked.
- Box Y Lucha #3096 has the losers from the Anniversary show.
- LuchaMania Monterrey interviews Ludark about her return to LLF.
- Eita is the surprise international wrestler for DTU’s next show.
- Fit Finlay and Ray Mendoza had a pleasant chat at the WNC press conference for their match.
IWRG (SUN) 09/23/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Saruman & Serpiente de Oro vs Imposible & Infierno Kid
2) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, Eita
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Trauma II vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Freyser, Hijo de LA Park, Veneno vs Cien Caras Jr., Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Súper Nova
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 vs Factor, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Trauma I [mask, Rey de Reyes]
Hijo de Pirata Morgan is champion. Everyone else is putting their mask on the line. The first two eliminated meet in the apuesta match.
New main event, and the undercard is changed around a bit. Match is listed as Morgan/Factor vs Trauma/Mascara, but also Todos vs Todos, so you figure out how it’s going to play out. Standard IWRG procedure is the title changing hands, but this might be the exception; Comando Elite hasn’t done much lately.
CMLL (TUE) 09/25/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal & Halcón de Plata vs Espectrum & Èvola
2) Leo & Stigma vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Disturbio
3) Gallo, Rey Cometa, Starman vs Pólvora, Puma King, Skándalo
4) La Sombra, Rush, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Mr. Águila, Rey Escorpión
5) Prince Devitt vs Volador Jr.
Main event is non-title. First time Cometa & Puma have been here since their feud got going.