AAA TV (SUN) 08/05/2012 Arena Ciudad de Mexico
1) Fabi Apache, Fenix, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Dark Dragon, Mini Charly Manson, Sexy Star, Yuriko
2) Octagón, Semental, Texano, Toscano vs La Parka, Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
3) Electroshock & LA Park vs Jeff Jarrett & TNA wrestler TBA [seconds hair]
Park & Electro represent Joaquin. Jarrett and partner represent Dorian.
4) Chessman & Juventud Guerrera vs Extreme Tiger & Halloween and Joe Lider & Psicosis and Jack Evans & Teddy Hart [relevos suicidas]
losing team meets in the next match with hair or mask (Tiger) on the line. Psicosis will put his hair on the line.
5) Loser A vs Loser B [hair, mask]
6) El Mesías vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo [AAA HEAVY]
Mesias is the champion
7) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr. [mask]
Silver King will second his brother, though Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. was also at the press conference. Mascara Ano 2000 will second his son.
air date: uh, get back to me on that. No clarification on PPV.
or we could just get the lineup today, that’ll be okay. Lineup via MT.
For a show featuring three apuesta matches, this doesn’t seem as big as TripleMania should be. Wagner & Mascara has been booked perfectly, but MA2K Jr. is nearly as badly cast as Dragon Lee. And the title match has been hampered by Mesias being out of action for the last couple months.
Still, the top two should be enough to carry it. And they’ve got plenty of TV left to help it.
Chessman & Juvi were added to the relevos suicidas match. This is great news, because it means no Vampiro match. It is a random team; Daga & Juvi makes more sense given current angles, and it’s strange they’d bother to do the Daga turn and not continue it here.
Other notable people missing: Cibernetico, Zorro and Hector Garza. Drago has gone from being given a good introduction to bieng lost in the shuffle, so it’s not as big a surprise. I’m really surprised at least two of those guys aren’t on team Roldan (and Electroshock is!) and that it’s a pairs match. Maybe they didn’t want to do another atomicos, but something like Jarrett/Abyss/Chessman/Garza vs LA Park/Electroshock/Cibernetico/Zorro would’ve wedged a few more people on the card. Maybe things will change after Friday’s taping, but they rarely do.
Semental, who couldn’t really get a fair shot in CMLL, makes the TripleMania lineup. That was a good move by him. Octagon & Consejo team by the “we can team up whoever we want” rule, but that and the opener are just getting people on the card matches. Speaking of turns that have gone nowhere: where’s Mari Apache? Something got lost along the way.