CMLL (TUE) 07/10/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Espectrum & Ráfaga b Black Metal & Metatrón
2) Barbaro Cavernario, Malefico, Virus b El Divino, Esfinge, Sensei
Malefico & Divino were not originally listed. Virus beat Sensei.
3) Amapola & La Comandante b Luna Mágica & Silueta
4) Sagrado b Shigeo Okumura [OCCIDENTE LH]
Okumura came in with the belt. Seconds were Barbaro & Divino. Okumura won the first with a powerbomb, Sagrado tied it up with a quebradorda, Sagrado won the match and the title with a moonsault in the third. Okumura falls on his third defense.
5) Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Super Porky DQ Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Mephisto blatantly fouled Atlantis in the third, then took his mask for good measure.
Sagrado is happy to win his first individual championship. He says his next goal is winning the bodybuilding contest in November.
AAA held a press conference for TripleMania at Ciudad de Mexico. It does not appear they announced much that wasn’t already known. No full lineup. It does seem the title match is Perro vs Mesias, no one else involved. My guess is we get a full lineup early next week, after this weekend’s Toluca taping.
French language site has an interview with Nitro & Sangre Azteca about their careers. Some nice tidbits here: Sangre, Ricky Marvin, Fugaz and Sombra de Plata were nicknamed the Fantastic Four when they were having great opening matches in 2000. Nitro says his change of character from Fugaz was because the people in charge thought he was more of a rudo personality and Pierroth was looking for another man in his group. Sangre explains he likes being a rudo better because the rudo leads the action and the tecnico is forced to react. Nitro likes it because the rudos tend to work together and are more of a team, while the tecnicos are trying to steal the spotlight from each other.
The only outlet that reported a Pequeno Nitro & Aereo contract signing yesterday, Kaiser Sports, has an interview with Pequeno Nitro hyping it up. (Not sign of an actual contract.) Pequeno Nitro’s valid point is Aereo is way too new and not good enough to be getting into a mask match. Pequeno Nitro is more concerned with holding up high the name of the Tuareg than Aereo. Since Nitro himself won’t be back from France in time, Pequeno Nitro hopes to have Arkangel in his corner, or one of the other Tuareg. The article says this is the first of “a series events for the Pequeno Estrellas”, so perhaps Luchas 2000 dream match will still happen. Pequeno Nitro also repeatedly refers to Nitro as “mi padre”. Nitro & Pequeno Nitro being father and son would be something that’s never been revealed before, but it’s said in such an off hand way that he probably just using padre as short for ‘padrino’ (mentor/guy who started him out.)
They also talk to Aereo, who is equally surprised this match is happening so soon. Aereo says this issue started in the ring all the way back in the Bicentennial minis tournament, when he beat Pequeno Nitro in the cibernetico. Aereo says the issue has it’s origins from his first days in CMLL, when Aereo thought about joining the rudo side but was put off by treatment he got from guys like Pequeno Nitro. Aereo figures Nitro’s overconfidence will led to his demise.
Apolo Dantes says the road outside of Arena Coliseo Guadalajara is under repair, which means the TV truck can’t get in, so that’s why their show has been in repeat the last month. That is probably hurting attendance as well. The repair work should be done in two weeks.
Rob has highlights of 11/25/11 CMLL.
- Terra’s listings say they’re repeating the Arena Coliseo show today at 3pm. Not sure if this is an every week thing.
- CMLL luchadors were visiting people in a cancer hospital.
- Dr. Wagner Jr. and Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. hype their mask match. The bigger news here is Mr. Reyes got to film outside the AAA offices.
- Mr. Cacao designed Euforia’s new gear.
- Ohtani’s Jacket reviews some late 80s, early 90s, and mid 90s lucha with the usual suspects.
- R de Rudo writes about the history of Arena Lopez Mateos.
- Mephisto would be willing to fight Atlantis in a mask match.
- Cronicas Y Legends has short bits on Hijo del Santo taking Ray Richard’s hair (a knockoff Sangre Chicana), Perro Aguayo vs Sangre Chicana in 1983, Sangre Chicana as wrestler of 1983, and TNT’s debut
- DTU says the Supreme/Damian match was never billed or presented as a title match, so Damian’s should not be complaining.
- DTU’s new TV deal is, of course, a YouTube channel.
- Volador says we’ll see who’s better on Sunday, him or “el paralímpico de Mr.Niebla”.
- Titan appears on a talk show.
- A show film about wrestling in Arena Puebla.
CMLL (TUE) 07/17/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Metatrón vs Ramstein & Zayco
2) Aereo, Astral, Eléctrico vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito
3) Hombre Bala Jr., Super Halcon Jr., Triton vs Hijo del Signo, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
4) Sagrado vs Niebla Roja [lightning]
5) Felino, Puma King, Tiger vs Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Rey Cometa
6) Diamante, La Máscara, Marco Corleone vs Euforia, Rey Bucanero, Rey Escórpion
That’s the first time Felino and those two sons have teamed up in Arena Mexico. Tiger did not like Felino & Puma last time we checked. This is the most obviously booked match for El Luchador yet (which suggests the Puma King/Rey Cometa feud may turn up there.)
Diamante & Euforia in the main event. Maybe Titan will get on the card if Metatron can’t show. It’s no prize for someone win to right to be in the main event if everyone else gets to do it too (and, unlike Titan, they’re actually in the main event.)