IWRG (THU) 06/28/2012 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Infierno Kid & Matrix Jr. b Alan Extreme & Serpiente de Oro
Alan Extreme replaced Templario. Infierno Kid’s main card debut, having appeared on a few FILL shows and for XMW.
2) Douki & Eita b Centvrión & Mr. Magia
Mr. Magia replaced Dinamic Black. Team Japan won without many problems.
3) Oficial Factor, Oficial Rayan, Oficial Spartan b Chicano, Danny Casas, Golden Magic
Oficials took 1/3. Rayan was pinned in the third, but distracted the ref to allow Factor to pull Magic’s mask and roll him up for the win.
4) Heddi Karaoui, Scorpio Jr., X-Fly b Dr. Cerebro, Trauma II, Veneno
Dr. Cerbero replaced Negro Navarro.Team X-Fly took falls 1/3. Veneno turned on his partners, reversing a Trauma II roll up on Scorpio to give Scorpio the win. Veneno and Trauma II had friendly fire issues during the last fall.
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Niko b Bestia 666, Damián 666, Súper Nova
Dinamitas took falls 2/3. Hijo de Mascara beat Bestia with a top rope splash, setting up Sunday’s title vs mask match with Hijo de Pirata
So creepy. I’m never buying movie tickets online again.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico main even is the ten women’s cage match.
Dark Angel, Dalis, Marcela, Goya, and Princesa Blanca all seem very safe. Dalis and Blanca seem included just to raise the number of women. Angel & Marcela have never lost their hair and there’s no reason for them to do so here. Goya will inevitably lose her mask, as family tradition, but it seems too soon for that.
Tiffany or Amapola could lose their hair, though they would both be slight surprises. Tiffany has been in the background on the setup to this match, but is closer to the end of the career to the start and this might be right time for her to get one last significant payday. Amapola’s previous hair loss was a surprise loss to Lady Apache while she was champion. Both are feuding with Estrellita, the women CMLL seems to be concentrating on. If Estrellita is going to win, a decent possibility, it’s likely by beating Tiffany or Amapola.
Lady Apache’s recent ruda turn, with nothing setting it up, seems a sign that plans were being changed. It could’ve been they just wanted another good wrestler in the cage match without having unbalanced tecnicas and rudas, but it also could’ve been a need to find someone to lose their hair because the planned person backed out. Lady Apache herself was one of the two (with Blanca) in the March Guadalajara hair match that never happened, which also might have been someone backing out for all we know. Apache did not appear in the main arenas for a few weeks after that, worked regularly for a couple weeks, and has only shown up on Friday night shows since the end of April, so maybe she’s being phased out. On the other hand, she’s been booked for a match with Marcela in Guatemala next month, so she can’t be going too far. I’m not sure what to make of Lady Apache.
The two strongest candidates to lose are La Seductora and Estrellita. CMLL cage matches tend to end with the first feud in the group. Seductora vs Goya started off the direct build to this match, but Estrellita and Amapola were feuding weeks prior to that.
Seductora is the closest thing to an opening match luchadora in the women’s division. It’s impossible to actually be booked any lower than any other woman, since they’re almost always kept in one match a card, but she’s was on the fringes of the roster until the last few months and often responsible for her team losing falls (to a comic degree.) Seductora has the veteran last ruda on the roster spot. Before Seductora, Rosa Negra had that spot, and she lost her mask to Marcela in what became her retirement match. Before Rosa Negra, Medusa had that spot, and she was the loser of the last female cage match (and lost her mask before that.) Seductora losing would be easy, expected outcome.
Estrellita would be the opposite, though there’s plenty of reasons it would make sense. Estrellita has been giving a huge emphasis the last few months, and this would be a good payoff. Estrellita is part of the next season of El Luchador, and losing her hair would be a dramatic twist. Estrellita losing her hair would come off as a meaningful conclusion, while Seductora losing her mask would feel closer to a cheap way out of the stipulation.
Estrellita is my pick.
I’d guess around the same attendance for this show as Escorpion/Warrior.
The semamain has new main event superstar Titan teaming with Atlantis and Sombra vs Dragon Rojo, Ultimo Guerrero and Euforia. That’s going to make it really hard for Rey Escorpion to turn on Ultimo Guerrero this week, but he seems to be only doing it every odd week.
Halloween and Extreme Tiger did the usual interview hyping up their TripleMania match with MedioTiempo, saying they’ll be a strong team but have no problem facing each other if it comes to it. Tiger is now calling Halloween the traitor, which Halloween and Konnan have been calling him. Halloween does let something slip that may not be official until Saturday: when mentioning their opponents, he lists Lider, Psicosis, “Hart Fundation” and Daga. Daga’s mentioned a couple times, but Daga’s not in the match last time it was brought up…unless Teddy was pulled, Halloween forgot his name, and he’s Jack’s new partner. Or Daga and an unnamed partner (Juvi?) has been added to the match. This will probably be cleared up tomorrow night.
Teddy did appear Monday in Tampico, which should mean he’s still in Mexico. On that show, Alan Stone needed 18 stitches after injuring his arm.
IWL will not allow video taping of it’s show this Saturday because the video quality is poor, and so when people buy the video from pirates, they think IWL is a promotion of low quality. I don’t think they believe that because of the video, but okay.
AAA’s announced a new TV taping on July 13th in Toluca. That should take them thru TripleMania. Lineup will probably turn up early next week, after Saturday’s taping.
Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors announced their episodes would start to appear on Hulu as “extended cuts”. The first season of seven episode, which was already up on Hulu.com (just links to MTV.com’s feed), are now up natively on Hulu. I haven’t watched them, but the comments mention the music has been changed. Season two episodes will start to go up every Wednesday on July 11th. They should be done with the 3 that aired by August 1st, so any ‘new’ episodes would start on August 8th.
Rob has highlights of 06/12/12 CMLL.
- Stuka is still very angry at Sangre Azteca.
- 411 wrestling picks the eight most absurd lucha gimmicks. Gato Eveready is disrespected!
- Dr. Lucha previews the Pesadilla vs Bestia 666 match on the Extreme Rising show.
- Pesadilla promises to represent Tulancingo and Mexico well.
- Sabotage Times visits Arena Mexico, lucks in to seeing the Psicosis vs Mascara Dorada match.
- Kcidis wonders if the new Mistico will get booed like the old Mistico and the old Dragon Lee and the current Rush
- Psycho Circus are still angry with El Consejo.
- LA Park vows to hit Dorian Roldan more often.
- Dorian and Joaquin blah blah blah
- Relampago explains he left AAA because he’s more of an independent style luchador. Sure.
- Ciclope hypes up his match on the Arena Aficion DTU show.
- Arena Xalapa’s show this Sunday is canceled due to the elections.
- Juan Maldad looks back at Estela Molina.
- Preview of tonight’s LLF show.
CMLL (TUE) 07/03/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Robin vs Ramstein & Zayco
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Molotov, Super Halcon Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hooligan
3) Eléctrico vs Pequeño Nitro [lightning]
4) Mr. Cacao, Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Skándalo
5) Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Valiente vs Felino, Pólvora, Vangelis
6) Dragón Rojo Jr., Mr. Niebla, Rey Escorpion vs Ángel de Oro, Máscara Dorada, Rush
1/5/6 on the Tuesday card shuffled around or completely new.
Out: Horus, Camorra, Volador, Shocker
In: Hijo del Signo, Blue Panther, Valiente, Fantasma, Felino, Vangelis
No idea what happened with Shocker to get him pulled four days ahead of time. Unsure why Voldor isn’t just working Vangelis’ spot.