FMLL (SUN) 06/10/2012 Arena Guatemala Mexico [FMLL]
***Arena Guatemala Mexico 22nd Anniversary***
1) Destroyer & Javy Antony b Huracan Diaz & Principe Negro
2) Action Man, El Musical, Starman Sr. b Brujo, Fobia Infernal, Torando I
3) Kamikaze Rojo & Terminator b Angel Negro & Violencia
4) Rayo De Oro, Slayer, Starman Jr. b Big Ban, El Aspirante, Punisher
60 wins in a row for Rayo de Oro.
5) El Padrino L Atlantis and Voltron and Último Guerrero [mask]
El Padrino – not the guy from AAA – lost his mask to Atlantis via the Atlantida. Padrino is Rolando Villalta, from Guatemala City. Challenges all around after the match.
Amapola and Lady Apache will be in on 07/15 for the 78th anniversary of wrestling in Guatemala.
CMLL (TUE) 06/12/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Informador]
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush b Dragón Rojo Jr., Mr. Águila, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 2/3. Maximo kissed UG, and Marco powerbombed captain Guerrero while Maximo kept everyone else out with a dive. This sets up a tag title match for next week.
AAA held a mass for Antonio Pena yesterday. It was the sixth anniversary of his death.
Terra.com announced they’d live stream three matches from Sunday Arena Coliseo & Arena Mexico shows, starting this Sunday and for the rest of the year. That’s about an hour and half more of CMLL available, increasing the weekly total to 9 hours and 30 minutes. Crazy. The only DF matches not making air are openers (and only some of them) and those mysterious lightning matches. The lineup Terra lists skips the lightning match and includes the fourth match, which is usually a 52MX match. Either the shows will be airing the same matches or 52MX will be down to two matches, but there’s got to be a reason those lightning matches aren’t airing on any of the TV shows (and the most sensible reason is they’re airing somewhere that CMLL’s never got around to mentioning – perhaps back on Televisa Deportes Network?)
It’s possible this is a Mexico only feed. Televisa usually does that with it’s web stuff, though the video Terra has up now does not seem country restricted. They’re running boxing shows on Saturday in the same format, so that may be a good time to figure it out. The matches this Sunday…
Metálico & Sensei vs Camorra & Inquisidor
Aereo, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón vs Mercurio, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Warrior
Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Super Porky vs Averno, Ephesto, Olímpico
…is not the most appealing lineup. (Again, Hijo del Fantasma vs Polvora is not listed as airing on Terra’s schedule. Not sure if they’ll move it around, or if it’ll air, or if they will just turn the feed off for a while.) Maybe having matches I’m not too worried about missing will make it less stressful to figure out how to record the thing. Though I guess they could just put the matches on their site after the fact, who knows.
This continues CMLL’s problems of oversaturing a cold product, selling off every little bit of TV they can to make up the money they’re not getting from people going to the shows. Still, streaming a few undercard matches is not going to hurt CMLL’s business any more than the other outlets already have. On YouTube, 5,000 people seeing an ordinary lucha video within a week is a big deal, and I expect less than 10% of that will be checking out this stream. Maybe a few more good matches will sneak out. Don’t expect this to be on the weekly recap rotation.
MedioTiempo has an interview with Consejo about their so far successful invasion. I love this line: “El Consejo, grupo formado por ex miembros de una de las empresas que compite con la AAA”, especially since Toscano just says “CMLL” in the next paragraph. Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., current trios champion, says he’s not interested in the trios championship. He just wants Dr. Wagner. Silver King apparently told Texano that he’s not experienced enough to use that name, and Texano fires back here that Silver King shouldn’t be wearing that mask. Argos says he invited Argenis to also be in El Consejo (he belong as much as Mascara), which is not quite the way I remember it. Texano says Consejo will be on TripleMania, or they’re cause chaos and ruin the show.
Saturday in San Diego, Hijo de Rey Misterio (II) & Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. face Damian 666 & Bestia 666.
Valiente, Lady Apache, Amapola, Laredo Kid, Histeria (II), and others are wrestling in Austin, Texas this Saturday and Sunday.
- CMLL wrestlers were in Ciudad Juarez for a PRI-sponsored show.
- And some were in Mexico City for another PRI show. Atlantis, among those there, noted he’d been with PAN candidates in previous years and wasn’t even sure he’d be voting PRI, but they paid CMLL to have them there so they were there. Sounds like there’s more of these today and the rest of the weekend.
- EricR at Segunda Caida writes about 05/12/2012 CMLL on Galavision. I can’t believe I’m slower than Segunda Caida. Such shame.
- There’s a Clowns vs Luchadors soccer match in Juarez this Sunday.
CMLL (TUE) 06/19/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Freesbe & Soberano Jr. vs Cholo & Ramstein
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado, Valiente vs Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
4) Ángel de Oro vs Misterioso Jr. [lightning]
5) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Yujiro
6) Máscara Dorada, Shocker, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
Very much just a show. The TRT vs Fiebre Amarillo feud is bouncing around to a lot of different shows. Angel de Oro should come back from Japan with a win here, not that anyone will see it.