CMLL (SUN) 09/10 Arena Coliseo Results
1) Molotov, Valiente b Soberano Jr., Zayco
Soberano got hurt and carried out
2) Arkangel, Hooligan, Loco Max b Stuka Jr., Tigre Blanco, Tigre Metalico
3) Hijo del Pierroth, Hombre Sin Nombre, Sangre Azteca b Felino, Mascara Purprua, Maximo
4) Averno, Mephisto, Olimpico b Heavy Metal, Negro Casas, Satanico
5) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Mistico DQ Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Mr. Aguila, Terrible
Aguila accidently pulled Mistico’s mask, and that might have actually been an accident, because they restarted the match so they could do the scheduled Perro/Mistico finish. Perro’s low blow got blocked twice, Mistico’s did not, and so Mistico’s team won the restarted fall too.
The 4th match did indeed produce a Averno vs Negro Casas title match for next week, and I’m thrilled at the possiblity. It’ll air on one of the two shows; which ever one gets this build up trios match for sure.
Box Y Lucha posted some articles
- Groon XXX gives his education opinion of Gronda II: Sucks. Groon notes that if Gronda II was any good, he would’ve gotten over with his last three gimmicks. Groon says we havent’ been seeing him only because we’re not doctors – he’s had operations to his chest, foot (taking the rod out), wrists, nose, and ears. Oh no, I really should read these things before I start writing about them: (translated)
I will appear in the anniversary of the free fight, in Arena Mexico, the 29 of September. We will be a good season in that great scene.
Anyway, Groon says he’s a more mature
man demon after going thru the operations, and a better worker to boot. (Right.)
- Box Y Lucha also gets Gronda II’s side. Gronda says all credit is due to
god Antonio Pena, and he’s obviously the better Gronda since he doesn’t get hurt all the time. Gronda II: “I am more brain the muscle.” Anyway, the public will decide which one is better.
- Electroshock is angry at you for daring to suggest he would leave AAA. He loves AAA, the Vipers is the best group ever in the history of anything, blah blah blah
- Interview with Jaque Mate about his career and his mask loss to Octagon. He admits Octagon was better than him on that day.
- Rambo story time. He talks about referees Roberto Rangel and Eddie Palau. Once, in an Arena Coliseo match, he accidentally socked Palau. Ringo beat his opponent before Palau recovered, and Roberto was about to give him in the match when Eddie Palau ran back in took him down. Palau was about to beat Rambo with his belt, but Roberto stepped in the way and took the blow for him.
- Obituary for Enrique Llanes, who died in September 2004. They tell the famous story about Llanes facing Santo in a mask match and losing, but the fans letting him off without having to lose his hair. When he arrived at his mom’s house after the match, she made him cut his hair anyway.
AAA & Televisa are teaming up to sell AAA stamps, in a ‘collect them all’ sort of thing. Each stamp is $0.27 – couldn’t tell how they’re actually selling them – and they’re going to put out 179 of them, plus 15 special ones and a book to put them all in. The article mentions it’s one of many merchandising things Televisa is talking about doing with AAA (kinda like the CMLL/WB stuff, I would guess.)
Black Terry has his usual video highlights from the Toryumon/Ultimo Dragon Gym/whatever show this past weekend at youtube. Haven’t seen results.
Lucha Va Voom is running another show in LA on 10/24, 10/25 and 10/26. They’re promising an all minis battle royal. (Thanks to mike informer)
The current listed match for Congress Theatre on 09/24 is Santo & Mistico vs Averno & Mephisto. The show is 12 days away, but I refuse to take this seriously until next Monday. (Thanks to Dr. Keith.)