CMLL (TUE) 10/18/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Kaiser Sports (3), Kaiser Sports (others), Record]
1) Mercurio, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Warrior b Aereo, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón
2) Ángel de Plata, Dragon Lee, Pegasso DQ Arkángel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo
Tuareg paid tribute to Dr. X before the match. Tecnicos took 2/3. Angel de Plata replaced Rey Cometa, who’s now missed two straight shows. Dragon Lee wiped himself out on a dive, was stretchered out, and the rudos ripped off the masks of both tecnicos.
3) Silueta b Ray [CMLL REINA IJ]
Upset! New Champion! Seconds where Marcela & Ayumi. Siluta took 1/3 won via superplex.
4) Ángel de Oro, Black Warrior, Delta DQ Misterioso Jr., Rey Escorpion, Vangelis
Rey Escorpion tried to pull Delta’s mask and cradle him, but did not get away with it. No Warrior storm off here.
5) La Sombra, Rush, Super Porky b Averno, Dragón Rojo Jr., Mr. Niebla
Tecnicos took 2/3.
Guadalajara Silueta compared her title win to those winning gold medals in Guadalajara right now. Maybe that’s the idea? (Though then they probably should’ve done it in Guadalajara.)
IWL (TUE) 10/18/2011 Arena Aficion [Estrellas del Ring, IWL]
1) Maravilla Negra b Latin Star, Kansuke
2) Ojo Diabolico Jr. & Rex b Big Mama & Centinela
3) Arenita, Freelance, Zumbi b El Exótico, Epidemia, Naturo
Match was all switched around, like the previous ones. 10’22″
4) ATM, Cerebro Negro, Sepulturero I b León Rojo, Ovett, Perico
5) Fuerza Guerrera & Tony Rivera b Scorpio Jr. & Zumbido
6) Heddi Karaoui b Lobo Metalico
Lobo Metalico replaced Genesis. 4’42″
7) 2 Tuff Tony, Gigante Warrior, Juventud Guerrera b Daga, El Suicida, Super Crazy
Daga made this match, and pinned Gigante. 10’36″
8) Necro Butcher b Ángel o Demonio, Fantasma de la Ópera, Mad Man Pondo, Joe Lider
Extra bloody main event. Eliminations when Fantasma de Opera (Pondo), Angel o Demonio (Pondo & Necro), Mad Man Pondo (Lider), and Joe Lider (Necro)
In Queretaro, Atlantis fouled Ultimo Guerrero to win the main event tag match.
Back on Sunday, Coco Azul & Negro Navarro beat Rocky Santana & Villano IV in Arena Lopez Mateos when the clown snuck in a foul on Santana. Coco Azul was a fill in for Scorpio Jr.
La Catedral says Hijo de LA Park, Bestia 666, and Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. were invited to try out for WWE this past Saturday, all on the recommendation of Rey Misterio Jr. (who’s friends with all their fathers.) The same site says Zumbi sort of invited himself, which is normally not the way to go. WWE really wants to get into Brazil, and someone who speaks Portuguese might get a longer look.
Enrique Yniesta says all but one CMLL luchador who tried out for WWE was accepted. Sad for someone. By accepted, that probably means they were offered developmental deals, but would have to move to Florida.
No word if any one accepted; it’ll be a while either way, since there’s probably work visa paper work to be done if they do go. The only person from CMLL who appears to have vanished is Rey Cometa, but that just as much be an injury that hasn’t been reported as anything to do with this.
Dorian, in Orlando, and the Jarretts have been hyping big plans for the future on Twitter. More Velvet Sky matches?
Fans in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara are rightly upset that there has not been a moment of applause for Dr. X on any of the shows there in the last week. They were planning to have their own remembrance last night.
AAA and indy wrestlers attended a press conference to hype the FULL Tinieblas-led show on 11/12. The main event is an atomicos (with Parka on the tecnico side and Chavo Guerrero Jr. coming into work the rudo side), but the majority of the show is a massive tournament that only appears to be half explained. Battle royal to determine both singles and tag matches, which maybe is an elimination bit, but someone becomes Titanes en el Ring. Tinieblas talked to the Gladiatores about the show.
AAA has been hyping a big statement from Octagon about his turn, teasing it having to to do with Joaquin Roldan. Octagon was at the press conference for this FULL show, so the Gladiatores just went up and asked him themselves. Octagon explains Joaquin Roldan is ruining his career by never putting him on TV. A decent reason.
Lucha POP announced they’ll run a show on 01/21 in Chicago. A lucha promotion was bound to find out where I live and come for revenge. (I think I’ll go.) Actually, the bigger problem is people from Mexico coming to Chicago in January. The weather here has just switched over to miserable, and it’ll be 40 degrees colder by the time this show happens. You don’t want to travel to Chicago in January.
CMLL held a press event to hype the premiere of their A&E El Luchador series. It kicks off this Saturday, and the previews look interesting. Magnus was not there; that recap says he was busy with a commitment in the US. (???)
El Hijo del Santo posted the poster for Todos x el Todos on 11/03. Luchadors, though not matches. Seems like they’re teasing the Solitario/Santo match Santo’s been building for a while, but if they were doing mask vs mask, you’d think they put it on the poster. Mano Negra, who retired about five days ago, is shown on the poster.
Pompin reached 54 years of wrestling on Wednesday.
Lucha Libre in Japan
AJPW 10/19: Joe Doering [O], Ozz, Cuervo b Kenzo, Kaz Hayashi, Bushi [X]
- The Solar/Negro Navarro road show heads to San Luis Potosi this weekend.
- Black Terry Jr. reposts an old interview with Tinieblas.
- Box Y Lucha #3048 has Dr. X
CMLL (TUE) 10/25/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino & Javier Cruz vs Relampago & Thunder Boy
2) Gallo vs Malefico
3) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs Amapola, Kiara, Mima Shimoda
4) Bobby Zavala vs Evola [hair]
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Máximo, Shocker vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Three week hair match feud! That should be interesting when it turns up on Teleformula, next May.