CMLL (TUE) 07/25 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Results
1) Estrella de Jalisco ?? Valentin Mayo
2) Antrax ?? Depredador
3) Atens, Simply Lucius b Roxi, Silueta
4) Cien Caras Jr., Perro Ruso, Pierroth b Mr. Texas, Sagrado, Texano Jr.
5) Brazo de Platino, Satanico b Hijo de Pierroth, Super Maquina
6) Black Warrior, Magnum b La Mascara, Mistico
indy (SAT) 07/29 Auditorio Miguel Barragan de San Luis Potsi Lineup
2) Ultimo Dragoncito, Bracito de Oro, Mini Olimpico vs Mini Damian 666, Mini Halloween, Mr. Mr. Aguila
3) Negro Casas, Felino, Heavy Metal vs Universo 2000, Pierroth, Olimpico
4) El Hijo del Santo & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Perro Aguayo Jr., Blue Demon Jr.
Box Y Lucha posted a bunch of articles earlier this week
- Bio of Gorilita Flores. They say he had a very suicidal style, with a great tope. He was on the debut show for the current Arena Mexico.
- Bio of Ultraman – both the Japanese movie character, and the wrestler. The wrestler was a promising boxer, but wanted to learn lucha libre instead. In ’74, he was wrestling as Milo Ventura and took a ‘rana wrong, putting him out of action. He returned one year later under the Ultraman gimmick.
- Tinieblas explains why he missed a recent LA show; he said okay, but before checking his datebook
- Rey Bucanero talks about losing his mask, 7 years ago. He/they were worried he was too young to be an unmasked rudo, so he gladly took the suggestion of Damian el Guerrero to start painting his face to stand out. He’s now tried to stop doing it and has for times, but the fans want to see it so he usually goes back.
- Damian was on WAR show in Japan last night; he talks about it a bit beforehand here. Tenryu is spelled “Henru”. Damian talks of people wanting to bring the Perros del Mal to Japan as a group at some point. Damain expected to be back in Arena Mexico on 08/04. He gives an update on Halloween; he’s been going to shows in Tijuana (watching, not wrestling), but he’s not sure when/if he’ll back wrestling in Mexico City.
- Canek warns the lucha world that Ojo de Tigre is promoting him (and Mil Mascara) for show he’s not agreed to and will not be on. Canek didn’t agree to a recent show in Toluca and will not be appearing near Tlaxcala on Sunday.
- Interview with Hector Garza; I’m not sure when, but since it doesn’t reference his injury, I’d assume pre-Friday. It’s four paragraphs of Gerza emphasizing the differences between AAA (“pure show”, “theatre”, and not a particularly good one) versus CMLL (“authentic lucha libre”), trying to stress AAA’s goofiness (mainstream boxer angles and otherwise) should not harm the reputation of CMLL. “If one wants to see quality lucha libre, they should follow Perros del Mal.”