That’s totally Ramstein and not Jeque in the cover shot of El Halcon #63. They’re going to take my badge away if I keep messing up vital information like that.
The link to El Halcon #63 isn’t up as I type this, but fooling around, I’ve been able to skim a couple pages. Early highlights are finding out Mascara Purpura was born in Florida (being an American totally explains the standing SSP in mind, and yet now I have more questions), and Mr. Mexico via google’s translation on his style: “Very robust and very bad”. Don’t look at me, he said it.
CMLL (TUE) 05/30 Arena Queretaro Results [arenaqro]
1) Mr. Lex b Amazons
2) Ursus, Zain b Crazy Star, Hombre sin Rostro
Ursus is the Queretaro Heavyweight champion
3) Principe Valiente Jr., Virus b Drabek I, Loco Max
4) Dr. X, Nitro b Felino, Volador Jr.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., La Máscara, Mistico b Atlantis, Villano IV, Villano V
Villanos filled in for Sangre and Olimpico
The big Monterry show is supposed to be back on, for July 1st
HEB (SAT) 07/01 Arena Monterrey Results [lomejordeluchalibre]
1) Mascarita Sagrada, Octagoncito vs Jerrito Estrada, Piratita Morgan
2) Satanico, Volador Jr. vs Emilio Charles Jr., Hombre Sin Nombre
3) Canek, Mil Mascaras, Tinieblas vs Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V
4) Hijo del Solitario, Mascara Sagrada, Maximo, Mr. Niebla vs Averno, Hijo de Pierroth, Mephisto, Pierroth
5) Dos Caras Jr., Heavy Metal, LA Park, Rayo de Jalisco vs Damian 666, Hector Garza, Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Mr. Aguila
6) Dr. Wagner Jr., Hijo del Santo, Negro Casas vs Atlantis, Black Warrior, Blue Demon Jr.
I don’t know. Don’t trust any card where Mil Mascaras is supposed to be working 4th from the top is all I’m saying.
Misterioso II is hoping the third try is lucky; he at least snagged a good partner in Perro. He’s gotten farther each year so far, and he’s been training hard.
Hombre Sin Nombre thinks it’s a big responbitlity to be teaming with someone like Garza, “the best rudo in Mexico”, and is proud to be in the tournament. This could open many doors!
Rey Bucanero reminds us he’s won this as the ‘rookie’, teaming with Emilio. Having been on both sides of it, Rey feels advancing is much more dependent on the rookie’s perfomance than the vet’s.
Nitro is happy to have Ultimo Guerrero as a partner. Nitro feels ready to go the main event and hopes to prov eit.
- Interview with El Dorado, who talks about a big mask match he was building to against El Supremo, until the 1985 earthquake destroyed the economy and his career
- Interview with Monterry area wrestler el Elejecutor.
- In IWRG, Veneno and Pierroth have decided to stop leading groups against each other, and take over Mexico instead. The new Corporation faction includes Veneno, Bestia Salvaje, both Head Hunters and Pierroth – the other Pierroths and the Cerebros are left out.
- Rambo relates the time, el Trotamundos, near the end of his career while Rambo was starting off, suprised and beat him in a match.
- There’s a repost of the El Dandy Wants In CMLL story
- and a story about rumors of Santo having done Adult movies – no one seems to have a copy, but it’s an urban legend.
The New York Times lucha libre article, hidden in their premium site, was also syndicated to other newspapers who don’t have a pay site. That’s awful goofy of them.