Ovaciones mini stories for today
- hype for Ramstein vs Explosion (who’s not Explosivo here)
- hype for IWRG’s card tonight, with a mention that Canek has requested a shot at the UWA Heavyweight Championship (again)
- hype for a AAA sponsored MMA card next Saturday
- TripleMania will be on 06/18 (during the World Cup – but Mexico doesn’t play that day) at Toreo de Cuatro Caminos. That is the same day as the TNA PPV. That’s also the weekend Nacho Libre debuts in the US.
AAA (TUE) 05/23 Arena Juba de Reynosa Results
1) Rocker Boy b El Chacal
2) Bufalo & Chamco Ortiz b Black Star, Misterio Negro
3) La Parkita & Mini New b Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Chessman
4) Espiritu & Charly Manson b Super Boy & Estrella Dorado
5) Vampiro b La Fiera
La Fiera replaced the suspended Cibernetico, so they’re at least following thru on this suspenion for one day.
CMLL (TUE) 05/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Results
1) Idolo b Destroyer
2) Carlo Roggi b Guero Loco
3) Leono b Madnona
4) Cesar Dantes, Tarzan Boy b Hijo de Lizmark, Rayman
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Cien Caras b Sagrado, Texano Jr. [Occidente TAG]
Sounds like it came down to Cien Jr. vs Sagrado, and Cien got an electric chair suplex for the win and to send Sagrado to the hospital.
6) Asesino Negro, Emilio Charles Jr. b Brazo de Plata, Mr. Niebla
Contra Coast Times. (Ex-)indy wrestler accuses Jack Black of stealing his gimmick, demands a match to settle it all. The sun rises in the morning.
Reading for a slow day: stumbled upon a pdf with the rules and regulations of Benito Juarez’s Box Y Lucha comission. I’ve cut down to the lucha specfic parts here. Besides semiuseful stuff I care about (like actual defintions of weight limits!), there’s also rules like
- local titles must be defended at least once 45 days
- you can change your name only once every two years, with permission of the comission
- anyone who loses a mask can reapply for a new mask after three years, with the approval of the comission
- if you are in a title match, you must get the show 4 hours early to weigh in
- you must have your last meal six hours before your match
There’s also a note that the local champions are supposed to be published in the offical papers of the state. I may do some looking this afternoon…