CMLL (SUN) 07/14/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Leono b Cholo & Ramstein
Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Camorra, Hooligan, Nosferatu b Oro Jr., Pegasso, Soberano Jr.
Rudos took 1/3 in a very sloppy match. Oro struggled, but wasn’t the only one.
3) Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Vangellys b Bushiroad, Rey Cometa, Sagrado
Sagrado replaced Hijo del Fantasma. Rudos take fall 1/3.
4) Namajague & Shigeo Okumura b Delta & Guerrero Maya Jr. [Arena Coliseo TAG]
Champion rudos took the first, challengers took the second. Namajague pulled Maya’s mask in the third, then was submitted right way by Delta. Delta & Okumura went a couple minutes before a Namajague distraction set up an Okumura fourl for the win. Okumura & Namajague first defense. Match was just okay.
5) Super Porky, Thunder, Titán b Kráneo, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
Tecnicos took 1/3, Super Porky beating Volador clean with the sunset flip counter sit.
6) Blue Panther, Máximo, Rush DQ Mr. Águila, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero
straith falls. Negro submitted Rush with a STF in the first, then Rush fouled Negro very hard in the second. Wild brawl all the way thru, including into the crowd. Rush did his usual walk out post match, but Negro taunted him into coming back, called him crazy and accused him of certain PED usage. Maximo tried to get Rush to leave, but Rush stayed long enough to yell at Negro Casas and the people of Mexico City. Sort of a tease of Aguila & Negro vs Maximo & Rush.
Overall disappointing show. Main event was good, but the Arena Coliseo Tag Title match wasn’t on the level of previous title matches and the segunda was problematic. Booking in the semimain was outrageously dumb and a sign no one’s really paying attention to the details. Crowd was fiercely behind Volador and the attempt to give the fans the happy result killed the crowd. Terra feed was not great either, frequently dropping frames (especially during the third match.) It looks like it came out a little bit better in my recording, but it’s no great shakes.
Namajague and Okumura probably haven’t made their last defense for the year, and it does make sense for them to successfully make one before losing the titles.
CMLL (SUN) 07/14/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Índigo & Metalik b El Piraña & Relampago
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Black Metal & Leo b Infierno & Satara
Black Metal replaced Halcon de Plata. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Acertijo, Jocker, Sádico DQ El Hippie, Sky Kid, Tony Escobedo
Straight falls, Jocker sneaking in a foul on Tony. This sets up a hair vs hair match between Hippie & Tony vs Acertijo & Jocker for next week.
4) Gallo, Stuka Jr., Tritón b Exterminador, Maléfico, Ráfaga
Gallo took falls 1/3.
5) Diamante Azul & Máscara Dorada b Averno & Mephisto
Tecnicos took 1/3.
Arena Coliseo Guadalajara, your home of random apuesta matches between novatos.
AAA’s show on Saturday aired a vignette with Billy el Malo where he quit La Secta Bizarros (throwing down the shirt), complaining about Fenix the hyped as the best novato, and hyped a mystery man in a hoodie as his own novato to get revenge on Fenix. It seems to set up Billy in a manager role while his hand is healing. No real hint at the identity of the mystery man, though he was definitely bigger than Billy.
Kaiser Sports is critical of Hijo del Santo, noting that someone who talks about wanting to improve and lift up the lucha libre business should not be ripping other lucha libre promotions. They also point out that if Santo has made no agreement with Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera for exclusivity, he shouldn’t be complain about the building running other events. Santo has a press conference Monday for the next TxT show; Santo would be making a mistake if he kept pushing this issue over hyping his own card.
Estadio Deportes interviewed Lady Apache about leaving CMLL. The article says she left in part because CMLL didn’t support her much when she was out hurt (which sadly not an unusual occurrence), though she also complains about having to give up the national championship when she was also world champion. That happened back in 2007, so either Lady Apache holds very long grudges or she’s trying to make it sound like she was champion more recent. Anyway, she’s happy to be on her own.
Rob has highlights of CMLL 12/07/12.
- Solar vs Judas el Traidor has been added to the ChilangaMask show.
- CIMA will be back on DTU shows in August, which will also be taped for TVC Deportes. We still don’t know when those shows are going to air.
- Fabi Apache kept the Reina de Reinas title over Jennifer Blake in Arena Solidaridad.
- Negro Casas says he will not be the first to escape, wants Blue Panther or Rush’s hair.
- Cronicas y Leyendas looks back at Blackman vs Rudy Reyna from 1987, Hombre Bala losing his mask, and Solitario vs Villano III from 1980.
- 07/27 AAA spot show lineup has Mini Zeus!
Lucha Libre in Japan
07/14 NOAH: Junior Heavyweight Tag league results
Atsushi Kotoge [O] & Taiji Ishimori b Dual Force & Pesadilla [X]
Ricky Marvin [O] & Super Crazy b Maybach SUWA Jr. [O] & Genba Hirayanagi