Archive for February 1st, 2013
IWRG (THU) 01/31/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), IWRG]
1) Araña de Plata Jr. b Galaxy
2) Centvrión b Alan Extreme, Mr. Leo
Titled “Three Match Fighters” and the first ever, a three way match to you and me.
3) Dr. Cerebro, Extreme Tiger, Veneno DQ Apolo Estrada Jr., Carta Brava Jr., Danny Casas
Apolo Estrada Jr. replaced Canis Lupus.
4) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
Mask ripping, bloody battle with the Piratas winning. They challenged the Oficials to a trio title match, and the Oficials accepted.
5) Cerebro Negro b Dinamic Black [WWS WELTER]
Seconds were Centvrión and Carta Brava Jr. Cerbero Negro is champion and kept the belt by taking falls 1/3. Seconds got involved in the third, as usual and Cerbero used the Cerebro Driver for win. After the match, Carta Brava Jr. attacked Cererbo Negro, declaring he wanted the next shot at the belt. First defense.
CMLL Gaceta hypes tonight’s show as Rush going for revenge (for being a loser) against Terrible, but the match I’m more excited for is the first part of the Reyes del Aire. That article confirms it’s the two weeks of ciberneticos to one final match usual format. Let’s break down the chances. It’s a good group of wrestlers, but pretty top heavy on winners
- Polvora – has a belt! will get pinned by someone! probably won’t set up a title match!
- Mr. Aguila
- Dragon Rojo
- Sagrado – first out again?
- Stuka Jr. – double elimination with Namajague?
- Rey Cometa
- Hijo del Fantasma – getting something to do would be more important than a win, but neither seems to be happening
- Euforia – would be weird, but makes sense in the unpleasant scenario where Mistico is back next week to win this
- Averno – see above, though Euforia seems to be a bit more successful of late. Still, if there’s a tecnico to win next week who’s not Mistico (say, Angel de Oro, Valiente or Mascara Dorada), Averno makes more sense as opponent.
- La Mascara – always a chance for a disappointing win! (This is a depressing tier.)
A lot of chance
- La Sombra – is La Sombra, would be a upset for him to lose to anyone, it makes everyone believe we’re getting Sombra vs Volador
- Titan – probably a bit of a reach, but someone else has to be up here
Match should air next weekend on Fox Sports.
AAA did not mention the new airing of their TV show on Univision (Mexico) Deportes Network until it was on the air, but is giving the impression that this is a new weekly thing.
The latest tour of ex-WWE starts tonight in Tuxtla Gutierrez. Card has been changed; if you were hoping for Johnny Stamboli to make it to Tuxtla Gutierrez tonight, you appear to be out of luck. Instead of the original four way, the main event is now Canek & Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Carlito & Chris Masters, with Charlie Haas moving to a singles match with Lizmark Jr. There was a press conference earlier this week to hype the show with Carlito & Davari on Saturday in Arena Lopez Mateos.
As you might expect, El Hijo del Santo’s column this week was how great it was for CMLL guys to work on a show with him. Santo admits even he had doubts it would come off, even though the promoter always saw it would, and he didn’t totally believe until they got there that afternoon. Santo says he had not seen Blue Panther in 4 years, and not seen Ultimo Guerrero & Brazo de Oro since he left CMLL. Santo says the show would’ve failed had the CMLL guys been stopped from coming (based on the pictures, I’m not sure it succeeded.) It sounds like this was booked thru Brazo de Oro, with Paco Alonso stipulating the CMLL wrestlers could not be in a match with Demon or Santo, and this sort of thing can only happen outside of Mexico. Santo is very complimentary towards Alonso, and implies it’s the people working under him who are keeping him out of CMLL (and, by doing so, ruining the wrestling business.) LuchaWorld also has more on that FMLL LA show.
In the last line of his column, Santo mentions the return of Todos x el Todos will be March 23rd. The anniversary of El Santo’s death is this upcoming Tuesday, and that’s usually a time where Hijo del Santo does press and talks about his upcoming plans, so we might know more about the show in a few days.
Hype for tonight’s mask match in Tijuana. The show (lineup here) is said to benefit children battling cancer. Lizmark apparently explained he’s retired or at least plans to retire, but putting his health at risk here anyway. It still seems most likely someone we don’t really know is going to lose their mask in this match, but there’s a 1/2% percentage it could be Lizmark.
NJPW’s card game – NJPW has a card game, just go with it – is releasing a new set of cards in April based on outsiders working in their promotion. This site doesn’t have the full list, but lists a CMLL copyright. Probably one of Rush, Sombra or Mascara Dorada is in the pack. This on the heels of NJPW selling CMLL caps earlier, so they’re doing a better job of selling CMLL than CMLL.
Another article on Voladorcito’s group mentions Mini Cobra is the ex-Mini Pegasso and Mini Multifacetico is Principe Haru. All are Puebla are luchadors. The Mini Oficials and Canis Lupus are formerly unmasked wrestlers.
GALLI will hold a show on to memorialize local mask mask Tiger Oriental on 02/10. He passed away recently.
Toscano blames all the Consejo problems on Silver King.
Hype for the all Brazo show in a couple weeks.
Photos from the lucha libre bike ride.
Video of GALLI’s hair vs mask trios.