taped 2012-05-27 @ Arena Coliseo
Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for July 5th, 2012
CMLL (TUE) 07/03/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Sádico & Taurus b Sky Kid & Soberano Jr.
2) Demonio Maya & Virus b Smaker & Starman
3) Goya Kong, Luna Mágica, Silueta b Hikaru, La Comandante, Tsukasa
REINA champs debuted with a loss, but Fuego says they demonstrated “good rhythm and worked well with La Comandante despite their small size”.
4) Malefico, Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura b Diamante, Gallo, Sagrado
4) Diamante, Gallo, Sagrado b Malefico, Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura
Sagrado beat Okumura and challenged him to a Occidente light heavyweight title match.
5) Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto b Atlantis, Marco Corleone, Super Porky
Rudos took 1/3, focusing on Mephisto vs Atlantis. Mephisto pinned Atlantis with a Devil’s Wings in the first, Porky splashed all the rudos in the second, and Mephisto got away with a foul on Atlantis in the third. Atlantis demanded a rematch.
CMLL put out an article about Negro Casas’ eye injury, and it still sounds like he’s weeks away from returning. His injury is specifically listed as a June 10th match, coming off a Shocker reinera. This looks to be it; that match ended strangely, which sure seemed to indicate something happened. Negro said he could not distinguish things 50cm or more away.
Rob has highlights of 11/13/93 AAA.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Rush is in a comedy sketch that’ll air as part of the Olympics on Televisa.
- Pequeno Nitro claims Aereo shouldn’t want a mask match with him, because Nitro will end him.
- Porra Fresa says the Mr. Cacao vs Arkangel trios in Puebla was poor.
- Hype for the mask vs mask and hair vs hair matches this Sunday in Arena Lopez Mateos.
- Dick Togo is in Bolivia.
- Jack Evans action figure.
- Turista Lucha is doing a trip to Auditorio de Tijuana on July 13.
- Adorable Rubi passed away.
- Goya Kong lost her mask in the main event of CMLL’s Infierno en el Ring. Princesa Blanca pinned her to save her own hair, after 8 other women escaped. The match had been built towards for a couple months, and drew a surprisingly strong turnout.
- Titan, the luchador with the most fan poll support, was surprisingly the winner of En Busca de un Idolo. Titan’s prizes for winning including a gym membership (unsure if he got it), a title shot against Dragon Rojo Jr. (has not got it), and main event participation on every Friday show for the rest of the year (has yet to be in a main event.)
- At the AAA TV taping in Orizaba, Dorian Roldan announced Jeff Jarrett would lead his team at Triplemania for the second’s hair match, and would be joined by another TNA wrestler. Joaquin announced Electroshock and LA Park would be on his team. Also on the show, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. beat Dr. Wagner Jr. again, with Wagner demanding a mask match, and Daga joined the Perros del Mal. Abyss missed his scheduled appearance and was replaced by TNA’s Brutus Magnus (who AAA mistakenly indicated was the ex-CMLL’s Magnus.) Teddy Hart appeared and won.
- Nuevo Mistico will debut on August 3rd. Dragon Lee will not wrestle again until then, but has been doing outside press trying to build hype for the debut. The name change skit has been repeatedly shown on CMLL’s many TV shows in the last two weeks.
- A&E officially announced the second season of El Luchador. The episodes are being taped presently. Dragon Lee/Mistico replaced the ‘fired’ Magnus in the cast, and Estrellita has been added to the show.
- AAA announced a taping for Toluca on 07/13, featuring LA Park vs Abyss (if he makes it this time) for Park’s Latin American championship, with both Jarretts in Park’s corner.
- Black Warrior, Mr. Aguila, and Volador Jr. won the National Trios Titles from Reyes del Atlantida.
- Bufete del Amor suggested they may move to the rudo side as a unit.
- IWL ran their usual show, and DTU ran a group of shows with Supreme.
- Lucha Libre USA episodes are now on Hulu.
- In IWRG, Cien Caras Jr. won the Heavyweight title, Chicano won the lightweight title, and Hijo de Mascara won the Juniors title.
- People who kept their titles: Terrible
- People who lost their hair in Guadalajara: Sadico (by Javier Cruz Jr.), Javier Cruz (by Barbaro) and probablyl Barbaro (by Leo)
Euforia, Titan, Ultimo Guerrero vs Atlantis, Diamante, Dragon Lee: as clear a case of laying out a match to spotlight certain people. Dragon Lee got in all his trademark spots and multiple dives. He didn’t do his spots particularly well, he looked exposed in mat wrestling part of the first fall, and a good portion of the crowd dislikes him. Meanwhile, poor Titan did no dives, got no pins, and was equally dumped out of the ring after the match. At least they have a direction? (though, looking back, Ultimo Guerrero may not have been in on the direction early.)