CMLL (TUE) 11/12/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Akuma & Guerrero Negro Jr. b Metatrón & Sensei
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Bam Bam, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito
Rudos took 1/3.
3) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela b Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca
Tecnicas took 2/3.
4) Rey Cometa b Raziel [lightning]
Cometa won with the 450 splash in 7 minutes.
5) Ángel de Oro, Super Porky, Thunder b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Straight falls. Escorpion used an illegal choke on Porky in the first for a DQ, lost in the second.
6) Kráneo, Olímpico, Volador Jr. b Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente
Invasors took 1/3. Volador pinned Mascara Dorada, then challenged for his title.
Thought they were heading for a trios title title match until I read the recap. Dorada and Volador had a really fun lightning match a couple years ago.
CMLL (TUE) 11/12/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Sky Kid & Smaker b Exterminador & Maléfico
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Shockercito b Mercurio, Pequeño Halcón, Pequeño Olímpico
Pequeno Halcon replaced Pequeno Nitro. Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Boby Zavala, Sangre Azteca, Virus b Fuego, Pegasso, Sagrado
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, La Sombra, Titán
Rudos took 1/3, UG sneaking a foul on Sombra. This sets up a singles match next week.
5) Terrible b Rush [CMLL HEAVY]
Terrible came in as champ. Rush submitted Terrible, Terrible pinned Rush, and Terrible won clean in the third. Eighth defense.
Rush’s win waits for another day. CMLL taped a heavyweight title match between the two top heavyweights, as they do for all Guadalajara matches, and but of course it won’t air anywhere because CMLL is weird. On the other hand, I’m okay missing Sombra/UG (but that’s another indication Guadalajara is the Tuesday priority.)
ChilangaMask announced they’re bringing in the Young Bucks for their Anniversary show. No date or opponents announced, but their first show (as FCK) was in January last year so guess around then. Matt and Nick Jackson, who are the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team champions, should be a good fit with whoever they get put against.
Pro Wrestling Revolution announced Blue Demon Jr. has folded NWA Mexico and now is a part owner of PWR with plans to promote under that name in Mexico. There’s no announcement of any specific show to come.
The NWA Mexico seemed to only exist as a substantial promotion in 2008, when they ran Gimansio Juan de la Barrera a few times and Blue Demon Jr. won the NWA heavyweight championship in Centro Banamex (at a non-lucha convention Lucha Libre Expo existed.) The promotion didn’t seem to draw well, ran a few shows in 2009, and then disappeared in 2010 except for a Lucha Libre Expo appearance. It’s popped up a few times since then, but no more meaningful than three dozen other groups who pop up for a show and disappear for months (or just stop promoting their shows.) They started running shows at an Arena NWA in 2011, and it took me months to figure out where Arena NWA actually was located (Ecatepec!) – that’s about how successfully things were for NWA Mexico. The news here is there was actually an announcement at all, because it seemed like it would just fade and be forgotten.
NWA Mexico did appear to develop luchadors who are wrestling in other indies now. Their last known show, 11 months ago, included Ares, Kronoz, Terremoto and other guys who are working the XMW-type shows now. Those guys were regularly on those and identified themselves as NWA Mexico luchadors for at least a time, though I’m unsure how much the promotion meant to them. NWA Mexico will also leave plenty of useless championships behind – the one Casandro has, the one Skyade & Turbo both have but were pretending were different titles, all the new Historic NWA championships CMLL is still using.
Related: In NGX, Kaientai announced the UWO Tag Team Championship, and the Unamericans and defended it twice in one night (with two different teams.)
Apparently there was a newspaper story about people not getting paid on the last RCH show. One of the people involved says the wrestlers did get paid day of the show, but the staff did not because the guy going to the bank for the money disappeared on him. The Facebook post says everyone was paid by the next day.
Hijo del Santo appeared on a non-Tercera Caida TVC show, but they still caught up with him in the parking lot to ask him about the three way match with LA Park & Dr. Wagner, Anibal’s claims of a veto, and his upcoming match versus Super Parka.
Dr. Wagner Jr. talks his crazy plan to invade CMLL. That’s not happening.
AAA has part three of their interview with Texano & Hijo del Fantasma.
Miguel Fonseca has an article about deceased AAA luchadors.
Bio of Coco Amarillo, which recaps his previous unrecorded mask loss as Indomito.
CMLL (MON) 11/18/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Águila Egipcia & Bengala vs Akrón & Cholo
2) Asturiano & Bam Bam vs Pierrothito & Saurón
3) Metálico, Pegasso, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Cancerbero, Fuerza Chicana, Raziel
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Psicosis
5) La Máscara, Titán, Valiente vs Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
6) Rush vs Shocker
It’s about as many Puebla luchadors are normal, but more spread out. Might make for the best minis match in some time. Main event will be interesting.
EAW (THU) 11/14/2013 San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora
1) ? vs ??
2) Galáctico, Galaxi, Lexus vs El Suspenso, Tempestad Guerrera, Voltrón
3) Bello Juan, Chico Che, Sexi Alan vs Rey Maligno, Sstruendo, Urban Boy
4) Dinamico, Genio Del Aire, Iron Boy vs Darko, Ray Silver, Tronx
5) Excalibur, Extreme Tiger, Laredo Kid vs Dluxe, Luminoso, The Rocker
6) Atlantis & Máscara Dorada vs Animaniac & Villano III
7) Máximo, Mistico, Rey Escorpion (CMLL) vs Hijo de Rey Misterio II, Leatherface, Lizmark Jr.
The other cards – Caborca, Mexicali, Hermosillo – have different matchups but the same group of guys. Rey Escorpion is on the tecnico side on all of the shows. Maybe it’s because he’s the home area guy, but they’d be much better off with him on the rudo side. There are always changes, and maybe he’ll end up opposite Mistico and Dorada by the time the matches happen.