taped 2012-11-02 @ Arena Mexico
Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for category news
CMLL (TUE) 12/11/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Robin & Soberano Jr. b Camorra & Zayco
2) Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Taurus DQ Leono, Metatrón, Tigre Blanco
partial rematch after issues between Blanco/Loco and Disturbio/Zavala last week. Rudos again lost in straight falls, DQed for excessive violence in the seocnd.
3) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado b Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
Tecnicos took 2/3.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. b Virus [lightning]
Guerrero Maya submitted Virus in 6:59.
5) Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Dragon Rojo’s team won in straight falls, Rojo stealing Euforia’s mask and pinning him. Euforia demanded an immediate one fall match with Rojo. The commission surprisingly said okay.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Euforia
Dragon Rojo again stole Euforia’s mask and pinned him.
7) Tama Tonga & Terrible b La Máscara & Valiente [CMLL TAG]
Terrible & Tama Tonga are champions. Match almost didn’t happen; Namajague was sent out with Tama Tonga instead, with CMLL saying Terrible could not be here and they’d reschedule the actual title match for a later date. The match had barely started when Terrible showed up, ready to wrestle, and they restarted as the proper title match. Champions won a quick first fall, tecnicos won a quick second fall. In the third, Tama beat Valiente, Mascara submitted Terrible, and Tama beat Mascara after Terrible tripped him from the out. First defense.
It appears Terrible was late arriving to the show for whatever reason, they didn’t realize until the scheduled semi-main (which caused the very unusual bonus match) and even then he didn’t arrive until the last minute. Past the last minute, actually. I hope Namajague got paid for his minute or so of work! Tag title match was quick because what happened before it had to run long.
It sure does seem like they’re going somewhere with Leono & Tigre Blanco vs Bobby Zavala & Disturbio. The New Year’s Day show seems like an obvious destination, but sometimes they get lost along the way.
Rey Bucanero was back with the announce crew,
CMLL (TUE) 12/11/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Black Metal & Virgo b Acertijo & Sádico
2) Höruz & Metálico b Apocalipsis & Cholo
Horuz’s first match here in a year and a half.
3) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Stigma b Cancerbero, Inquisidor, Raziel
Stigma beat Inquisidor for the win.
4) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Shocker b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Negro Casas b Ángel de Oro [NWA WELTER]
Negro Casas is champion. Negro took the first, Angel won the second with a mecedora, Negro took the match with a casita after surviving many near falls. Casas’ 3rd defense, all versus Angel de Oro.
It’s probably not a good idea to throw your third place bodybuilding trophy into the crowd. It’s definitely not a good idea to follow up by doing a long interview bitterly complaining about finishing third place and not being treated like a star. Unfortunately for Pequeno Halcon, he’s full of bad ideas and – in the weirdest setting for an interview in some time – complains about his lucha libre company while in a dentist office for a YouTube show. Pequeno Halcon, who is booked for the first time in a month this Friday (that’s how you know Sin Piedad is not really a big show), comes off as completely unapologetic for acting like a child, and arrogant about his wrestling skills (which haven’t really improved since he showed up in CMLL.) Halcon says Ultimo Guerrero helped him to get to CMLL; we need one of the En Busca de un Idolo post match skits where Ultimo Guerrero loses his mind after seeing this.
- CMLL has a promo for Friday’s show (a show Hijo del Fantasma believe he’s on but is mistaken) and a tease of an upcoming Dark Angel feature.
- R de Rudo Pirate Transmission 2 has interviews with Juvi, Taya and Sick Boy.
- In Memoriam talks about his busy second half of the year.
- AAA asks who Texano should defend against first.
- DJ Spectro posts video of an Atlantis, Tony Salazar, Hijo del Santo vs Espectro Jr., Satanico and El Dandy match from 1987. It must be from the first half of that month, because Tony still has hair.
- Solar in a movie.
- Create your own AAA Paper Toys.
CMLL (TUE) 12/18/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Leo & Sky Kid vs Èvola & Thunder Boy
2) Esfinge & Gallo vs Exterminador & Ráfaga
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Magnus, Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Inquisidor
4) Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Titán vs Black Warrior, Misterioso Jr., Olímpico
5) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Super Porky vs Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Último Guerrero
CMLL (SUN) 12/09/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Javier Cruz Jr. b El Hippie [lightning]
2) El Divino & Idolo b Demonio Rojo & Èvola
Tecnicos took 1/3. Idolo’s first match in about 2 years.
3) Demonio Maya & Infierno b Esfinge & Virgo
Virgo replaced Halcon de Plata. Rudos took 2/3.
4) Bárbaro Cavernario, Espectrum, Exterminador b El Tapatío, Leo, Smaker
Tapatio & Leo replaced Gallo & Metatron. Barbaro beat Smaker to set up a title match next week.
5) Rush, Shocker, Super Porky DQ Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Niebla fouled Shocker for the DQ.
Two big matches in CMLL tonight. In Arena Mexico, Terrible & Tama Tonga defend the tag team titles for the first time against the pair of La Mascara & Valiente. La Mascara & Valiente are a random thrown together pair who haven’t teamed before and don’t seem to have much in common, which make them absolutely perfect to be team champions in CMLL. There’s a chance, there’s a real chance of a title change here. They’re giving up size, but they’ve got in advantage in speed, flipping, and the ability to do the same hold out of many different setups. The undercard has more Guerreros vs Revolucinarios, and Guerrero Maya vs Virus in a lightning match, their first meeting since their superb title match last year.
Over in Guadalajara, Negro Casas gives Angel de Oro his periodic NWA Welterweight championship. This is Oro’s third chance. He improved from the first to the second time and hopefully will again, but it doesn’t seem like Guadalajara is the place for the title change to finally happen.
There’s one more major title on the line otnight. Daga’s AAA Cruiserweight championship will now be on the line in the previously scheduled six way on tonight’s DTU show in Arena Aficion. Challengers are Rich Swann, Eita, Dinastia, Flamita, Tribal and Angel del Misterio. Figure on Daga keeping the title. DTU has posted partial results from it’s first tops on it’s 5 show tour – Pesadilla kept the DTU title and Eita the Alto Impacto one in Queretaro, and Joe Lider took Tony Rodriguez’s hair and Hacker won the NWG title in Guadalajara – but no full recap has turned up. (Late add: DTU sent out a press release with a few more results, including the missing SLP show, but no full results.)
IWRG announced their annual awards
Revelation: Dinamic Black
Best Heavyweight Champ: Cien Caras Jr.
Special Recognition: La Cobra (Original)
(and that’s it? not many awards)
In Luchas 2000 #649 has an interview with La Sombra about his recent wins. They ask him his 2013 plans, and he’s very sure on that: he wants to win a title in Japan. He mentions Mistico winning the IWGP Junior Heavyweight championship, but also mentions going for their IC title or their heavyweight one. Those title are defended 5/6 times a year, so Sombra getting a shot sometime in 2013 seems plausible (but definitely no certainty the way CMLL is used in NJPW.) It’s not impossible the two promotions might do some sort of title match on one of the FantasticaMania shows. They need 3 days of main events, after all.
Box Y Lucha#3107 has a couple interesting interviews. Lady Apache’s exact injury is explained: she had a neck operation! Her third and fifth vertebrae were operated on November 15th. There doesn’t seem to be any incident that caused the injury, just the accumulation of a lifetime of wrestling. She’s rehabbing and hopes to be back in late January, so it must’ve not been extremely severe neck surgery (though nothing on your neck is mild.)
Also in that same issue, As Jr. asks for another shot in a big promotion. He explains his 2009 CMLL stint ended when his mother was hospitalized, and he spent day and night at her bed while giving up lucha libre for a while. She’s doing better now.
On this week’s MLW Radio podcast, Konnan said he’s thinking of using Flip Kendrick in February. Konnan also believes someone is recording the podcast onto a cassette or something and then mailing it to Mexico. (Konnan does not read this website, is perhaps unaware they have the same internet in Mexico or are too poor to afford it? I do think most people in Mexico are not interested in a lot of English language wrestling content.)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Rich Swann made it to Mexico.
- Atlantis & Solar defeated Negro Navarro and Rocky Santana in Arena Lopez Mateos.
- A Cholita talks about her life in wrestling, 10 years in.
- El Krumoic discovers DTU’s plans for year 6.
- The Perros del Mal podcast will talk to Texano and Daga tomorrow.
- Fourth part of the Octagons interview.
- NJPW will be holding a meet and greet with some of the FantasticaMania rudos.
- Lady Puma won LLF’s Luchadors of the Year award.
- Video of the Perros del Mal minis QPPLC tryout and footage of La Jarochita’s final match in QPPLC.
- Los Colisenos looks at the best trios of CMLL.
- MedioTiempo has the week in pictures.
CMLL (MON) 12/17/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Milenium & Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Ares & Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Fantasy, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
3) Metálico, Starman, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Hijo del Signo, Raziel
4) Diamante, Sagrado, Tritón vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Olímpico
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., La Sombra vs Euforia, Mephisto, Niebla Roja
6) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
It seems like this feud won’t end, but it’s the first time they’ve done Ultimo Guerrero vs Atlantis in a singles match in a major arena in 10 months. It’s very interesting that both UG’s usual partners and Atlantis’ usual partners will be in the building.
IWRG (THU) 12/20/2012 Arena Naucalpan
***35th Arena Naucalpan Anniversary Show***
1) Alan Extreme, Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Eita, Eterno, Imposible, Saruman, Violencia Jr. vs Boycot, Fleeyzer, Halcon Diablico, John Crazy, Kiwby, Mr. Leo, Rey Espacial, Rey Tabu [Copa High Power]
FILL vs Gym Fuerza Guerrera rematch
2) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro [super libre]
3) Fuerza Guerrera vs Black Terry
4) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Eterno, Head Hunter, X-Fly
5) Bestia 666 & Damián 666 vs Cien Caras Jr. & Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 and Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan and Canek & Canek Jr. and Dr. Wagner Jr. & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. [cage]
Not exactly sure what the rules for the main event are but nothing seems to be on the line. IWRG is taking 12/27 off.
YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyNnOBGWP7QzK6Ckg12l4QhYvpqvm3Oc
Sobre el Ring & Las Luchas were reruns.
El Luchador 2×8: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t63ldb
En Busca de un Idolo 1×10: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8vwav2
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2012-12-08
taped 2012-12-02 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Ángel de Oro, Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Cancerbero, Raziel
2) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
3) Terrible vs La Sombra for the CMLL World Heavyweight Championship
CMLL on Televisa: 2012-12-08
taped 2012-11-30 @ Arena Mexico
1) Metálico, Super Halcón Jr., Tigre Blanco vs Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus
2) La Sombra vs Volador Jr., Negro Casas, Ángel de Oro, Mephisto, La Máscara, Tiger, Máscara Dorada, Olímpico, Delta in a CMLL La Copa Junior (sons of wrestlers) semifinal match
CMLL Guadalajara: 2012-12-08
taped 2012-12-04 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
2) Rey Cometa, Sagrado, Tritón vs Namajague, Puma, Shigeo Okumura
3) Ángel de Oro, La Sombra, Titán vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Negro Casas, Psicosis
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2012-12-08
taped 2012-11-13 @ Arena Mexico
1) Ángel de Oro vs Negro Casas in a lightning match
taped 2012-11-30 @ Arena Mexico
2) Diamante, Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Puma, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
3) Atlantis, Shocker, Titán vs Averno, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2012-12-08
taped 2012-12-04 @ Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Höruz vs Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Leono, Molotov, Tigre Blanco vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Luna Mágica vs Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany
4) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Valiente vs Tama Tonga, Terrible, Tiger
5) Niebla Roja & Último Guerrero vs Pólvora & Rey Escorpión
AAA on Televisa: 2012-12-08
taped 2012-11-15 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Mascarita Dorada & Mascarita Sagrada vs Mini Charly Manson & Mini Histeria
2) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
3) El Mesías & Vampiro vs Chessman & Texano Jr.
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2012-12-08
taped 2012-11-15 @ Arena Naucalpan
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs LA Park - longer than main version
CMLL Sin Piedad: 2012-12-09
taped 2012-11-26 @ Arena Puebla
(barely aired due to news coverage; only posted so I can recall what happened when I look back in a year, don’t download these expecting to see much)
1) Black Tiger, Pegasso, Stigma vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hooligan
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oa12lp - about 4 minutes of the last fall and the immediate post match
2) Astral, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kqz1vx - about 4 minutes of footage
IWRG Zona XXI: 2012-12-10
taped 2012-12-09 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) Centvrión, Cerebro Negro, Freelance vs Alan Extreme, Eita, Imposible
2) Oficial AK47 & Oficial Fierro vs Rayan & Spartan in a super libre match
3) Dr. Cerebro, el Ángel, Trauma II vs Canis Lupus, Carta Brava Jr., Oficial 911
Another week of being negative.
Shows Watched But Nothing Made The List
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2012-11-10
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2012-11-10
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2012-11-10
CMLL on Televisa: 2012-11-10 – though UG & Escorpion was good
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2012-11-11
AAA Fusion: 2012-11-14 – the Fusion tournament match has a strong argument to be on the list, but it’d be the worst match on my list and I’m trying to keep it small so it doesn’t make it. The action was good, but not great enough to overcome silly stuff like pin break ups in an elimination match and a terminally dead crowd. If the match was great, the people should react to it, right?
IWRG Zona XXI: 2012-11-12 – tournament was generally good but not one particular match I’d recommend
Possibly Good Stuff I didn’t get to
IWRG TV: 2012-11-11 – Copa Higher Power is probably Great
I haven’t watched CMLL Guadalajara: 2012-11-10 but my impression is the minis cage match was a spectacle but not a great match.
XMW (SAT) 12/08/2012 Gimnasio Gloria [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Black Mamba, Black Puma, Fly Warrior, Harry Boy, Yoruba b Corsario Negro, Diablo, Fly Metalik, Metaleon, White [lumberjack strap]
White replaced Chica Ye-Ye
2) Dollar b Emo Extreme, Diva Salvaje
Emo and Diva replaced Heavy Boy and Lunathaor. Emo pinned Diva, Dollar beat Emo.
3) Arez b Ojo Diabólico Jr., Fulgore, Fly Star, Maiden, Sick Boy, Oscuro, Mr. Leo [Copa Preposada XMW]
No trophy was actually presented. Arez beat Mr. Leo to win the title.
4) Marcela b Ludark Shaitan [XMW WOMEN]
Marcela won the championship, though Ludark looked good in a defeat.
5) Saruman b Belial, Tornado, Impulso, Magnus [XMW JUNIOR]
Saruman kept his champion, beating Impluso. Magnus was added to the match.
6) Hijo del Fantasma b Dance Boy, Terremoto [DF LH]
Hijo del Fantasma kept his title.
Marcela did not have the XMW belt – or her CMLL belt – on Sunday’s show so I don’t know if they’ll be showing this acknowledging this in CMLL.
IWRG (SUN) 12/09/2012 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Dragoncito De Oro, Mini Batista, Mini Rey Cometa b Mini Policeman, Mini Rock Spirit, Piratita Morgan Jr.
Dragoncito de Oro replaced Mini Super Astro.
2) Alan Extreme, Eita, Imposible b Centvrión, Cerebro Negro, Freelance
Tecnicos were in control of the match when Freelance and Cerebro Negro had a mix up, and Cerebro Negro turned on both his teammates.
3) Oficial AK47 & Oficial Fierro b Rayan & Spartan [super libre]
Oficials bled so much, but the Comandos screwed up and lost the first fall. Lots of chair shots in the second with everyone bleeding. Comandos pinned Ak-47 after a Fierro mistake, but Fierro pulled Spartan’s mask and rolled him up, then beat Rayan for the win.
4) Dr. Cerebro, el Ángel, Trauma II b Canis Lupus, Carta Brava Jr., Oficial 911
Tecnicos took the first and were about to win the second when Cerebro Negro walked in and smacked Dr. Cerebro with a chair. Rudos took advantage for the fall. Trauma and Angel, who agreed to a truce, had problems in the third and were beat by the rudos for the win. Cerebro Negro ran back out for more, but Dr. Cerebro fought him off and they agreed to a hair match for next week. Trauma II wants a title match with Angel as well.
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. DQ Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Trauma I
Capos jumped the tecnicos and took the first, Trauma I submitted Mascara in the second. Big brawl in the third. Pirata beat Wagner, Cien beat Hijo del Pirata, Pirata had Cien beat but Wagner came back in for the distraction, and Cien fouled Pirata while tossing him his mask. Refs ruled Pirata pulled Cien’s mask for the DQ.
Dragoncito de Oro is Voladorcito. Or at least was.
CMLL.com has all the holiday changes
- Sunday DF shows shift to Arena Mexico all the way until 01/13. Next Arena Coliseo show is 01/20. If I remember right, there’s been holiday festivities in the area of Arena Coliseo which makes it harder to actually get to the building, so they’ve been moving them to Arena Mexico. It’s the exact opposite of how CMLL used to work.
- The Christmas Day and New Year’s Day (Tuesday) Arena Mexico shows will have special holiday start times of 5pm, a couple hours earlier than usual.
- Puebla’s 12/24 and 12/31 shows move to 12/25 and 01/01, but keep their usual start time of 9pm. It’d be possible for luchadors to work both Mexico City and Puebla on those nights.
- Arena Coliseo Guadalajara has no schedule changes, but adds a Friday night show on 12/28.
There’s a lucha art exhibition this weekend just outside of Monterrey.
a visit to Arena Coliseo Guadalajara by an outsider. This must be a few months old because Mistico was headlining.
a visit to El Salavador lucha libre by an outsider. I did not know there was a promotion in El Salavador!
In an interview to hype an appearance in Cuernavaca, Ultimo Guerrero mentions he was invited into lucha libre by his uncles, and he got his name from a rocker character on Television. I am not sure who that would be and I didn’t know Ultimo Guerrero had luchador uncles.
A post on Box Y Lucha claims JLD Foundation wanted 100% of the gate, and CMLL had agreed to a number lower than that.
CMLL (SUN) 12/16/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Aereo & Pequeño Halcón vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Warrior
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Magnus, Starman vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
3) Fuego, Stuka Jr., Tritón vs Cancerbero, Misterioso Jr., Raziel
4) Diamante vs Tiger [lightning]
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Super Porky vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Pólvora
6) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis [MEX TRIOS]
Reyes del Atlantida are champions going for their first defense.
Champions are still favorites, despite being destroyed two straight weeks.
CMLL (SUN) 12/16/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Azteca de Oro & Indigo vs El Hippie & Relampago
2) Black Metal & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
3) Halcón de Plata & León Blanco vs Espectrum & Maléfico
4) Smaker vs Bárbaro Cavernario [OCCIDENTE MIDDLE]
Second defense, all (and the title decision match) champion Smaker versus Barbaro.
5) Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Titán vs Mr. Niebla, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura
Main event Namajague (on the Sunday show where everyone main events, but still.)
IWRG (SUN) 12/16/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Johnny Rivera & Serpiente de Oro vs Dragón Celestial & Fulgore I
2) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Carta Brava Jr., Eita, Imposible
3) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Relámpago, Trauma I vs Canis Lupus, Eterno, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
4) el Ángel vs Trauma II [IWRG IC MIDDLE]
Angel is champion. First defense attempt.
5) Dr. Cerebro vs Cerebro Negro [hair]
Everything here looks great.
CMLL (SUN) 12/09/2012 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Metatrón & Robin b Cholo & Zayco
Tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
Rudos took falls 1/3 with mixed performances.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Fuego, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
Rudos took 1/3. Raziel & Cancerbero beat Stuka & Fuego both times, then unmasked Fuego and Stuka after the match.
4) Marcela b Amapola [lightning]
Marcela won via Michinoku Driver in 8:46. Good match.
5) Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis b Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr.
Invasors jumped the tecnicos and won the first fall. Atlantida rallies to take the second, but the rudos tied Atlantis mask to the ropes and beat the other two to take the match. Psicosis asked the commission to grant them a trios titles match. Aguila beat up Atlantis and challenged him. Maya yelled at them and accepted the challenged, but the rudos beat him up for it.
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corleone b Euforia, Terrible, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 1/3 in a match that played to the women in the crowd.
Invasors vs Reyes del Atlantida will take place next week. It seemed like they’re setting up an Arena Coliseo Tag Team Title defense on 12/23, but it’s no certainty.
The announcers said this would be the last Arena Coliseo show of the year. They’re probably not back in the building until 01/13, since a 01/06 Three Kings show surely will be in Arena Mexico as well. They also announced the usual Monday show at Arena Puebla on 12/24 will be on Christmas Day (Tuesday) instead. CMLL always moves it’s shows off Christmas Eve. It may be an interesting card, since CMLL will then have Christmas Day shows in Puebla, Guadalajara and Mexico on the same night; CMLL is big enough to run three TV cards in one night, but maybe not when people are on holiday vacations. Not sure if CMLL’s TV crew is big enough to handle all 3 either. No word if the following (New Year’s Eve) Puebla show will be moved as well.
Quien Pinta Por La Corona
This weekend was the Mexico City regional tryout for Quien Pinta Por La Corona on Saturday, then the semifinals and the finals on Sunday. They sent out a photo of the DF tryout winners, though not any names. It seemed like a lot of Perros del Mal opening match luchadors and and those from DTU who weren’t working this weekend happened to win an AAA contest, but some other independents and people from around Mexico City advanced. (Black Terry Jr. has photos from that whole day.)
Sunday included everyone from the tryouts in two sets of cut downs. The first cut down included all the regional winners…
AAA QPPLC SF (SUN) 12/09/2012 Centro Banamex [AAA Twitter, QPPLC Twitter]
1) ? vs ??
may have involved Rayo Star
2) Ashley & La Jarochita vs Keira & La Hiedra
3) Centviron (IWRG), Dave The Clown, Terremoto Negro b Evan Adams, Hard Man, Red Bird
4) Lucky Boy, Mini Dizzy, Rocky Lobo b Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II, Mini Hator
5) Douki, Emperador Azteca, Red Tiger b Angel del Misterio, Hanaoka, Pegasus
6) Last Lion, Mercurio (qpplc), Saturno b Luxor, Principe Escorpion, Reggae Boy
unclear who this Mercurio is, or if it’s the CMLL one
7) Lancelot & Nino Hamburguesa b Murcy Jr. & Warrior Steel
8) Big Mama, Black Fury, Paloma Rose b Black Mamba, Dama de Hierro, Estrella Explosiva
mixed tag match
9) Astro de Plata, Jinzo, Persus b Apolo Estrada Jr., Barbaro I, Barbaro II
10) Demoledor, Forajido, Fullback Jr. b Centenario, New Fire Jr., Rey Maya
11) Gotita De Plata, Pequeno Bonsai, Rey Celestial b Heylex, Mini Diamond, Mini Exorcista
Of note: Didn’t see a picture of the Mercurio, though the CMLL one hasn’t been around much the last couple months. Warrior Steel was on last year’s Arkangel’s tribute show as one of his trainees. Jinzo is a friend of Zumbi.
After these 11 matches, the judges cut it down to the finalists (via Apolo Valdes)
tecnicos: New Fire Jr., Rayo Star, Pegasus, Saturno, Astro de Plata, Red Bird, Niño Hamburguesa and Jinzo.
rudos: Luxor, Alacrán, Emperador Azteca, Dave The Clown, Black Mamba, Centurión and Apolo Estrada Jr.
minis: Exorcista, Rey Celestial, Hey Lex, Gotita de Plata and the Gemelos Muerte.
women: Keira, Hiedra, Big Mama and Jarochita
Women: La Jarochita - May be originally from Veracruz, but has been wrestling around Mexico City for the year last, including for IWS in a multi-women’s match which included Marcela. Must have qualified in the DF group on Saturday
Mini: Rey Celestial – Puebla based mini, often teaming with Lucky Boy. Previously scheduled to make his DTU debut next weekend.
Men: Saturno. Originally named Boomerang, he’s the son of Gran Cochisse and was a regular in Arena Coliseo Guadalajara in 2009 and 2010, and made a handful appearances in Mexico City as part of the minis division. Left CMLL soon after CMLL fired Cochisse and has wrestled in indies around Guadalajara since, with no obvious way to advance past that point until now.
AAA had one more show of it’s regular luchadors to end the night. Mini Abismo Negro, for the first time in Mexico City in over two years, and La Magnifica, who was acknowledged as last year’s female winner, both appeared. New champion Texano lost by chokeslam to Cibernetico in the main event.
SuperLuchas announced they would have no magazine this week, but be back next week.
Rob has highlights of 10/12/12 AAA TV
LuchaWorld has the latest LuchaWorld Podcast.
Inquisidor and Polvora endorse a fruit energy drink.
Octagoncito and Mini Monster Clown visited a children’s hospital.
Fenix and Dark Dragon visited ImproLucha.
Lucha Libre In Japan
12/09 NOAH: Super Crazy & Ricky Marvin [O] b Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Genba Hirayanagi [X] [GHC JR TAG]
Third defense for the Mexitosos! Ricky’s coming back to Mexico next year, the titles may be coming back with him.
IWRG (THU) 12/13/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxie vs Araña de Plata
2) Dinamic Black & Saruman vs Eita & Imposible
3) Mini Rey Cometa, Mini Super Astro, Voladorcito vs ?, Bracito De Plata, Piratita Morgan
4) Black Terry, Centvrión, Dr. Cerebro vs Canis Lupus, Cerebro Negro, Fuerza Guerrera
5) Extreme Tiger, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Eterno, Oficial 911, X-Fly
Extreme Tiger back here as an independent.
Cerbero Negro and Dr. Cerbero agreed to a hair match next Sunday. (Figures.) The last time they had a hair match, Dr. Cerbero defeated Cerebro Negro in what was the finals of a loser advance cage match show. Cerbero Negro has beat Dr. Cerbero in the only other two times I’ve got recorded.