CMLL (TUE) 12/03/2019 Arena México [CMLL, Lucha Central, thecubsfan]
1) Pequeño Violencia & Pierrothito b Fantasy & Último Dragóncito
13:53. Rudos took 1/3.
2) Cancerbero, Espíritu Negro, Raziel b Eléctrico, Pegasso, Príncipe Diamante
10:57. Rudos took 1/3.
3) Guerrero Maya Jr. b Blue Panther Jr., Drone, Sangre Imperial, Toro Bill Jr., Oro Jr., Hijo del Signo, Leono, Tiger, Yago [Copa Jr., semifinal]
19:53. Toro Bill Jr. replaced Super Astro Jr. Eliminations order: Leono (Oro Jr.), Sangre Imperial (Hijo del Signo), Toro Bill Jr. (Drone), Yago (Tiger), Hijo del Signo (Blue Panther Jr.), Oro Jr. (Guerrero Maya Jr.), Drone (Tiger), Tiger (Blue Panther Jr.), Blue Panther Jr. (Guerrero Maya Jr.), leaving Guerrero Maya Jr. as the winner.
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. b Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
20:06. Tecnicos took 1/3
5) Euforia b Carístico
14:48. Euforia took straight falls, the last via foul & mask pull.
Principe Diamante & Espiritu Negro have to keep talking about their feud. Caristico gives Euforia credit for being good at cheating. Guerrero Maya is one step closer to winning Copa Junior. Box Y Lucha also posted media interviews Caristico, Euforia, and Guerrero Maya Jr.
The main event was good and a different match than Monday’s match. Some of that was because it was two falls with Euforia winning in the end, but it said something about the difference in Volador & Caristico about match philosophy. The Copa Jr. was alright, entertaining but sloppy. Guerrero Maya in a big singles match seems like a pretty good idea. He hasn’t had one in three years. (It was against Dragon Rojo Jr., who posted footage of what he said was his first time back in the ring in 11 months.)
CMLL (TUE) 12/03/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Fantástico, Johnny Dinamo, Principe Daniel b Exterminador, Maléfico, Ráfaga
tecnicos took 1/3
2) Amapola, Reina Isis, Tiffany b Silueta, Skadi, Súper Estrella
Super Estrellas replced Princesa Sugehit. Rudas took 1/3.
3) Furia Roja, Okumura, Rey Bucanero b Black Panther, Esfinge, Volcano
Rudos took 2/3.
4) Cavernario, Felino, Shocker b Kráneo, Stuka Jr., Titán
Rudos took 1/3.
5) Volador Jr. b Negro Casas
Volador took 2/3.
Hard to get a sense of good match is based on the Guadalajara recaps but it reads like the main event kept it simple.
Lucha Capital wraps up its second season tonight on Facebook. There are five matches scheduled:
- Pagano vs Psycho Clown vs Hijo del Vikingo vs Carta Brava Jr. in a men’s semifinal
- Flamita (maybe?) vs Puma King vs Bengala in a men’s semifinal
- Taurus vs Rich Swann vs Willie Mack in a men’s semifinal
- the men’s final (winners of the last three matches)
- Lady Shani vs Big Mami vs Faby Apache in the women’s final.
Laredo Kid and Taya won last year’s tournament, which seems like a way to get a little bit more fan attention on them before they won bigger titles this year. There’s no telling if the same plan will come thru; it could as easily be used to give a Pagano or Psycho Clown a title win since they’re not otherwise set up to get championships in the near future. I’m leaning towards Psycho Clown winning (with Taurus & Puma King in the final) as revenge for the finish last week, but I wouldn’t bet any money on it. Likewise, Lady Shani is my guess for the women’s match, though all three options seem equally likely.
Cuervo (de Puerto Rico) announced his retirement from wrestling on Facebook. He has since apparently deleted his page, but SuperLuchas has the note. Cuervo insists he has been cleared to return to wrestling, but felt he had sacrificed so much for wrestling over the last 15 years and no longer wants to do so.
Cuervo’s last match, unless he later changes his mind, will be getting hit with the brick by Angel o Demonio and nearly losing his life. Angel o Demonio was kept away from wrestling in Mexico State for a couple of weeks (getting bookings elsewhere in Mexico) and shunned by some for a little longer, though he ultimately might have gotten more bookings out of the infamy of his actions. He actually won Arlequin Negro’s hair last night in Arena Aficion (in front of an audience of dozens.) Angel o Demonio has been an indie wrestler for over two decades, establishing a lot of relationships with promoters. He’s never seemed to be a meaningful draw – outside of right after the attack – or a great wrestler, but the relationship was meaningful enough for people to decided to stick with him after his actions. He also occasionally taunted Cuervo on Facebook, though it was never clear if it was out of actual malice or an attempt to build a match (which Cuervo didn’t have any interest in.) Either way, the pending comments on the post are probably a reason why Cuervo deleted his page soon after his announcement.
Pagano is auctioning off a set of gear “to help the difficult process of recuperation of Parka.” The auction continues until Friday at 8 pm. It is great of Pagano to do this – he had planned it out enough to get special Parka themed gear for TripleMania Regia just so he could put it on auction. It is not great if AAA is in anyway backing away from their public promise to completely take care of Parka, who is still in a Monterrey hospital.
DTU (THU) 12/19/2019 Arena Aficion
1) Aero Panther vs Samuray Jr., Manidbila, Dark Power, Fight Panther, Dariux, Drollux, Fly Danger, Dragón Suicide, Vengador Radioactivo
2) Anarqua, El Malakrari, Hijo Del Power, Kevin vs Hahatasy, Princesa Azul, Sagitairus, Zuzu Divine
3) Calibus, Kaleth, Mr. Iguana vs ?, El Exótico, Moria
4) Black Fire, Paranoiko, Tiburón vs Diva Salvaje, Fantasma de la Ópera, Mike Segura
5) Hard Boy & Jimmy Lloyd vs Crazy Boy & El Diablo Fly Star and Aborto & Chaneke
6) Penta El Zero M & Rey Fénix vs Aero Boy & Camuflaje
This seems like the more likely of two DTU 11th Anniversary show more likely to show up live on +LuchaTV. The person in the third match is supposed to be an international surprise, to go along with GCW’s Jimmy Lloyd in the semi-main.