CMLL (FRI) 11/22/2019 Arena México [CMLL, ESTO, Lucha Central, Marca, The Gladiatores, thecubsfan]
1) Angelito & Último Dragóncito DQ Pequeño Universo 2000 & Pierrothito
9:29. Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Kawato San, Okumura, Virus b Blue Panther Jr., Drone, Stigma
18:45. Rudos took 2/3.
3) Black Panther TLDRAW Esfinge [lightning]
went to a draw with Panther trapped in an Esfinge hold (though not one he wins with). Panther worke rudo.
4) Audaz, Kráneo, Star Jr. b Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, Templario
19:56. Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón b Stuka Jr., Titán, Valiente
17:47. NGD took 1/3.
6) Gran Guerrero, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero b Místico, Soberano Jr., Volador Jr.
10:22. Straight falls, setting up a Casas/Soberano title match next week.
- Esfinge (Box Y Lucha, +LuchaTV)
- Black Panther (Box Y Lucha, +LuchaTV)
- Soberano Jr. (Box Y Lucha, +LuchaTV)
- Negro Casas (Box Y Lucha, +LuchaTV)
- NGD (Box Y Lucha, +LuchaTV)
This Friday was slightly better than the last couple of Fridays, though still nothing great. The fourth match is the one to check out if you’re going to watch anything. The overall issue is the Friday shows are not feeling much better than the Monday & Tuesday shows right now, and it’s not a case of Monday & Tuesday being improved.
No AAA this weekend. Shows of note this weekend which might turn up later
- The Crash ends their year early in Tijuana with Rey Horus, Bandido and Marty Scurll fighting for their title in the main event. Angelico & Jack Evans face Penta & Fenix.
- Bandido or Scurll winning the title would suggest they’re not headed to WWE. AEW & ROH people are both allowed to work this show, so it doesn’t help to figure out that. And it is the Crash, so they could also win and just never end up coming back.
- Martinez Entertainment has Aereo & Hijo del Santo vs Angel Blanco Jr. & Skayde in Fort Worth, a replay of the Blanco/Santo mask match. Michael Elgin faces Aramis.
- Arena Coliseo has a strange relevos increibles match, so maybe they’re setting up a tecnico/tecnico feud for next week.
- IWRG has Canis Lupus vs Trauma for the heavyweight title, as well as a four-way with Toxin, Dragon Bane, Puma de Oro, and Lunatik Extreme. 12/01 is supposed to be a big show here, so they may set up a few things.
- Ultimo Dragon has his quarterly show in Plan Sexenal.
- Nacion Lucha Libre tapes TV in Plan Sexenal later that night. Cibernetico, Hijo de Dos Caras, and La Park take on Rush, La Mascara and Bestia del Ring
- Caristico, Soberano and Valiente are the latest NGD opponents in Arena Mexico.
- Barbaro Cavernario faces Robbie Eagles in the first round of the British J Cup in London. He’s unlikely to win. This will eventually show up on RevolutionPro’s streaming service. CMLL hasn’t mentioned it at all.
A news report says La Parka is back in intensive care due to a bacterial infection. The article quotes a source close to La Parka as mentioned Parka had suffered a heart attack during his time in the hospital, which had not been previously disclosed.
Myzteziz was eliminated from Exatlon Mexico last night. He was the focus of the episode, which is the sure reality show sign something dramatic is happening at the end. He picked up a knee injury during one competition and was rather easily defeated in the elimination.
These shows are taped in advance – it took over a week from when Laredo Kid & Myzteziz said they were headed to Mexico to when they started appearing on the TV show. Myzteziz is probably has been back in Mexico for a few days. He still may not wrestle right away. Dragon Lee spent at least a week doing press for Extalon and getting back into ring shape last year. AAA did list Myzteziz on the Veracruz TV taping a week from today, and there’s an outside chance he’ll be there. (It’s hard to believe AAA knew Myzteziz would be back right then, because they were also listing him on shows two weeks ago.) Myzteziz will probably be Vikingo’s partner at Guerra de Titanes on 12/14, unless that knee injury is worse than he thought.
Cuervo de Puerto Rico was supposed to have his return from injury take place last week in Puerto Rico, but the show didn’t take place. It appears he’ll instead have it back in Mexico in Arena Naucalpan. IWRG teased his return last night, and Cuervo hinted at this first match back being outside of Puerto Rico on his own Facebook. That seems like something which might happen on a 12/01 show. It is great he’s able to return the ring, but it’s hard not to be concerned about the certain ugly meeting with Angel o Demonio. It would come off as bad taste if they turned it into an angle and yet it would be a relief if that meant Angel o Demonio had shown enough remorse to allow that to happen. His comments about the situation suggest that’s not likely to happen.
DTU 12/19 in Arena Aficion
CMLL (TUE) 11/26/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino, Fantástico, Mr. Samurai vs Frenético, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
2) Johnny Dinamo, Principe Daniel, Retro vs Difunto, Inquisidor, Yago
3) La Magnifica, Silueta, Súper Estrella vs Amapola, Reina Isis, Tiffany
4) Fugaz, Star Jr., Valiente vs Forastero, Furia Roja, Hechicero
5) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Negro Casas, Shocker
Shocker working both the Sunday and Tuesday Guadalajara shows. I believe this Super Estrella is La Magnfica’s sister and not her mother, who also uses the name. Either way, Gran Cochisse not shy about giving spots to family members right away.
CMLL (FRI) 11/29/2019 Arena México
1) Oro Jr. & Sonic vs El Coyote & Espanto Jr.
2) Chamuel, Microman, Perico Zakarías vs Átomo, Gallito, Guapito [Relevos Increíbles]
3) Dulce Gardenia, Star Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Kawato San, Vangellys, Virus
4) Místico, Titán, Valiente vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
5) Soberano Jr. © vs Negro Casas [MEX WELTER]
10th defense, 3rd against Casas
6) Carístico, Felino, Último Guerrero vs Ángel de Oro, Cavernario, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Angel de Oro/Felino back in the main event. Maybe that’s going to finish up around 12/27? Not sure yet.
Early guess is Soberano retains here to build him up to win the world title.
NGD will be doing the same match for at least at least five weeks straight since they’re matched up against another tecnico team on 12/06. It’d be seven-week straight if not for week where Sanson defeated his title instead.
Putting Microman and Chamuel on the same side seems actively dumb but perhaps there’s a reason which will yet be explained.