CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2019 Arena México [CMLL, Lucha Central, R de Rudo, The Gladiatores]
1) El Coyote & Grako b Arkalis & Robin
rudos took 1/3
2) Cancerbero, Difunto, Raziel b Star Black, Star Jr., Súper Astro Jr.
rudos took 1/3.
3) Blue Panther Jr., Guerrero Maya Jr., Pegasso b Olímpico, Tiger, Universo 2000 Jr.
tecnicos took 1/3. Blue Panther was listed but Blue Panther Jr. wrestled.
4) Hijo del Villano III b Black Panther [lightning]
5) El Audaz, Kráneo, Stuka Jr. b Felino, Pólvora, Vangellys
tecnicos took2 /3
6) Rey Bucanero, Templario, Terrible b Atlantis, Carístico, Soberano Jr.
Templario replaced Gran Guerrero. Rudos took 1/3. Soberano seem shook up after a dive his the top rope.
Soberano’s injury didn’t look took serious. It’s also tough to take these stretcher rides totally serious when the previous match had Polvora getting one after taking a Kraneo splash on the floor.
Hijo del Villano III celebrates a slightly cheating win. Black Panther is greatly disadvantaged from Art Barr not having a son who became a luchador for him to feud with him forever. (Or maybe the Villano V kids not making it to CMLL?) Grako & Coyote also got promo time to do the required “I want new challenges” promo.
CMLL (TUE) 08/06/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Capitán Cobra, Gran Kenut, Maléfico b Joker, Metatrón, Mr. Samurai
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Magnum, Magnus, Príncipe Diamante b Cholo, Furia Roja, Hijo del Signo
tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Amapola, Dalys, Reyna Isis b Marcela, Mystique, Sanely
Rudas took 2/3.
4) La Bestia Del Ring, Máscara Año 2000,
Mr. Niebla Mephisto b Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Valiente
Rudos took 2/3.
5) Dragón Lee, Místico, Rush DQ Cavernario, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
Munoz took 1/3, the last when Cavernario unmasked Mistico for the DQ and to set up a singles match next week.
That sets up another Mistico/Cavernario match, though it’ll be the first time in this building.
AAA announced some positive stats from their TripleMania broadcast. Nielsen rated them as the most-watched show on both free TV (Azteca) and Pay (Space). They also say they had more than 50,000 people watching on Twitter along with 18,000 in person, and call it the most-watched event in the history of Mexican wrestling. Lucha Central says the Azteca airing drew 1.63 million viewers. Leo Riano wrote last year Televisa drew 1.25 million for TripleMania. HR Media said 8.2 million watched some part of the show. AAA’s move to Azteca has seemed very successful and this show did especially well.
One other thing that interested me from Lucha Central’s ratings numbers is Nacion Lucha Libre, which aired against the last 60-90 minutes of TripleMania, still drew 204K viewers. It’s the lowest number they’ve done so far (310K and 298K the first two weeks), but doing any viewers against Triplemania is a bit amazing.
Penta was announced as part of PWG’s Battle of Los Angeles yesterday. That makes 8 Mexican luchadors or about one-third of the field. One spot remains. I don’t think it’s Hijo del Vikingo.
Vampiro announced his first Lucha Fight Club Las Vegas shows as August 23-25 with Dr. Wagner Jr. appearing. The poster lists tickets on Ticketmaster. I couldn’t find them or find the schedule on a list of events. I’m sure it’s being worked on.
LuchaWorld has the latest Lucha Report.
Tabasco luchador El Monarca passed away. The founder of the Ciudad Juarez Lucha Libre Hall of Fame passed away.
NLL (SAT) 08/24/2019 Centro Cultural Las Americas, Ecatepec, Estado de México
1) Heddi Karaoui vs Relámpago
2) Black Terry & Negro Navarro vs Solar I & Súper Astro
3) El Bandido vs Súper Nova
4) Dulce Sexy & Lady Flammer vs Reina Oscura & Rossy Moreno
5) Chavo Guerrero, Hijo de LA Park, LA Park Jr. vs Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Galeno Del Mal
6) Hijo De Dos Caras & La Máscara vs Apolo & Bram
7) Alberto el Patrón & LA Park vs Carlito & El Mesías
Bandido was already announced as wrestling on ROH’s Atlanta show, so he won’t be there. This show is scheduled to honor Solar, Super Astro, and Ultraman but they’ll also still be having Tinieblas and Dos Caras there too. The same sort of matches underneath with the addition of the El Toreo tag; the only goal here feels like extracting as many paydays as possible while the promotion still exists.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/08/2019 Gimnasio Miguel Hidalgo, Puebla, Puebla
1) Aramis, Draztick Boy, La Parkita vs Chik Tormenta, Látigo, Low Rider
2) ?, Dinastía, Eclipse vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana
3) ?, Big Mami, Lady Shani vs ????, La Hiedra, Villano III Jr.
4) Hijo Del Vikingo & Laredo Kid vs Ortiz (Lax) & Santana (Lax) and Arez & Daga
5) Aerostar, Murder Clown, Niño Hamburguesa vs Averno, Chessman, Texano Jr.
6) Drago, Psycho Clown, Taya vs Ayako Hamada, Blue Demon Jr., Rey Escorpión
This is the second taping out, with a big gap in August where nothing is going on. We knew about this taping originally because Toxin mentioned it on Instagram. Toxin’s not on the lineup. I dunno. Maybe he’s a mystery man in the third. Maybe “new people after TripleMania” might mean the same people in new outfits.
That fourth match should be worth watching, and the first couple matches look pretty good as well. It is now weird to see Daga on an AAA TV show without Tessa.
Ayako’s a ruda now, I guess? Ayako’s probably just the opposite of whatever Taya is as AAA goes back to that feud.
LAX still being LAX weirdly fascinates me. This has nothing to do with lucha libre so you can just skip this paragraph while I get it out of my system. LAX were a team with their own names before Impact. I’d figure we’d just see them revert those names once they left. It’s not as though AAA fans have seen so much of Impact that they have to be the LAX names. US people, perhaps. One of the things the current Impact management said after they took over is wrestlers would be able to use names they created in Impact elsewhere, as a way to make Impact a more friendly place to work. It hasn’t really come up a lot, with Impact not really creating many characters on their own and more just using people in their existing gimmicks, but I wonder if that’s actually being applied here.
The next AAA TV taping after this is the New York show. At least that’s still what is on the books. AAA still making no mention of that show happening seems like a pretty strong sign; please don’t buy flights, hotels or tickets unless they promote it again.