AAA , ROSALES (THU) 07/04/2019 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV]
1) Bee Bop, Carlix Jr., La Parkita b Máscarita Negra, Parkita Negra, The Mummy
2) Máscara de Bronce, Mini Psycho Clown, Niño De Cobre, Raptor b Hantar, Karma I, Lunatik Fly, Máscara Oriental
3) Big Mami & Niño Hamburguesa © b King Balam & Lady Maravilla [AAA MIXED TAG]
4) Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana b Hijo Del Vikingo, Joe Lider, Myzteziz Jr.
rematch challenges followed
5) Psycho Clown b Pentagón Jr., Pagano [sin reglas]
Strong turnout for this show. Bee Bop is indeed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle character. The Mommy is a mummy.
The bigger matches on tonight’s CMLL card are the ones in the middle of it. Atlantis Jr. & Hijo del Villano III, who’ve been feuding since Villano debuts late last year, will have their first singles match tonight. CMLL has put those two guys against each other constantly but they haven’t shown any great chemistry yet. They’re both very raw and maybe not ready for such a high profile chance, though maybe they’ll get something out of the experience even in a loss.
The other middle match of importance is the NGD defending the national trios titles against the OneAtos Trios of Esfinge, Titan and Triton. This is a rematch from Guadalajara earlier this year which turned out pretty good the first time. The chances of a title change are very slim, the action should be pretty strong.
The rest is a weird grab bag. Caristico, Valiente, and Volador are scheduled to face terrible, La Bestia del Ring and Gilbert el Boricua in a bad mix. In theory, this could be Gilbert’s last CMLL match if working for Nacion Lucha Libre limits his ability to work on Televisa shows. Ciber strangely teams with Rey Bucanero and Mistico against Euforia, Gran Guerrero and Soberano. It keeps Ciber against the Guerreros in preparation for next week’s singles match with Ultimo Guerrero, though in an odd combination.
Pegasso, Rey Cometa and Star Jr. vs Okumura, Polvora, and Virus is more normal. Super Astro & Robin have to deal with Espanto Jr. & Hijo del Signo.
The show starts at 8:30 pm and will be streamed on Marca and their youtube. I’ll stream it too, which hopefully will go better this week.
Lucha Central has a preview of the show.
Fray Tormenta will be signing autographs at Arena Mexico today, which is an unusual occurrence. They’ve used him in angles over the years and I guess there’s a chance of that happening again. I’m booking in my head a bit where Fray Tormenta gives Mistico permission to no longer be Mistico, which is surely not going to actually happen.
The Crash returns tonight, with a Bestia/Mecha Wolf vs LA Parks main event. Rey Horus vs Bandido vs Fenix vs Xtreme Tiger for The Crash heavyweight title sounds promising. The CMLL micros are there as well as Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja facing Ring of Honor’s Coast 2 Coast.
The King of the Indies tournament takes place tonight in California, with that Laredo Kid vs Dragon Lee first round match-up. It also does appear as if it’s streaming anywhere.
Laredo Kid has another match on Impact tonight.
Perro Aguayo will be cremated today. Kahn-Del-Mal told the press that Aguayo passed away from a heart attack. +LuchaTV has video from the funeral service.
Ray Mendoza talks about Perro Aguayo refusing to eat at the same table with him at restaurants when they were feuding, feeling it was important to keep the in-ring rivalry going at all times. Mendoza says Aguayo’s matches were influenced by a philosophy that the fans paid to see them fight, not rest, so they had to always keep fighting. Mascara 2000 calls Aguayo the most complete luchador he ever faced.
Most of +LuchaTV interviews from after the AAA San Luis Potosi show are talking about Perro Aguayo. Konnan talks about Perro Aguayo making him as a star, Blue Demon says his first match was with Perro Aguayo, Rey Escorpion says he wrestled with Aguayo as a very young man, Dr. Wagner talks about Aguayo joining his father and brother.
In AAA news, Rey Escorpion says he’s definitely on the TripleMania card and has a surprise coming.
Toxin says he hopes to return to the ring in August. He’s been out since January due to injury. MexaWrestling seemed to be teasing returning this month on Facebook.
There are free lucha libre classes in Tampico.
There’s a discussion of restarting a wrestling union in Aguascalientes that’s been dormant for 20 years.
LuchaWorld has the latest Lucha Report.
Puma King talks about his travel woes in Ireland.
GCW/Black Label Pro are running a late night show in the Chicago area on Friday night of AEW’s All Out weekend. Black Label usually runs in Indiana, but this location looks about 10 minutes away from the Starcast venue. They’ve announced Black Taurus vs Rey Horus vs Steve Pain vs Arez vs Gringo Loco vs Ophidian for that show. Between that and the AAW tournament inside the city that’s already announced Laredo Kid and Warrior Wrestling hyping seemingly a half dozen guys from CMLL, there’s going to be lucha options that weekend
CMLL (TUE) 07/09/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Sugar, Magnum, Metatrón vs Capitán Cobra, Mr. Apolo, Relámpago Azul
2) Marcela, Mystique, Skadi vs Dalys, Reyna Isis, Tiffany
3) El Audaz, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Sagrado, Virus
4) Místico, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
5) Atlantis, Kráneo, Valiente vs La Bestia Del Ring, Rush, Terrible
CMLL (TUE) 07/09/2019 Arena México
1) Robin & Sonic vs Cholo & Yago
2) Pegasso, Stigma, Súper Astro Jr. vs Akuma, Espanto Jr., Espíritu Negro
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr., Rey Cometa vs Dark Magic, Kawato San, Pólvora
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. vs Felino, Negro Casas, Tiger
5) Carístico, Flyer, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Templario
6) Dragón Lee vs Cavernario
You never know on a Tuesday but Dragon Lee & Cavernario are two of the guys least likely to take a night. Negro Casas working third for the top is rather stacked for a Tuesday night show.
CMLL , Lucha Libre Real (SAT) 07/20/2019 Arena Coliseo
1) Black Panther & Blue Panther Jr. vs Cuervo & Dark Scoria and Akuma & Demus and Demasiado & Drako
2) Esfinge, Star Jr., Tritón vs Imposible, Legendario, Leviatham and Warrior Jr., Gladiador, Troyano
3) Máscara Año 2000 vs Virus, Guerrero Maya, Sangre Azteca, Súper Astro, Scorpió Jr., Black Warrior, Okumura
4) Sansón, Tiger, Trauma I vs Forastero, Niebla Roja, Trauma II[Relevos Increíbles]
5) Jushin Liger vs Negro Casas [1 minute]
6) Jushin Liger vs Blue Panther [1 minute]
7) Jushin Liger vs Atlantis [1 minute]
8) Jushin Liger vs Carístico [1 minute]
9) Jushin Liger vs Ángel de Oro [1 minute]
10) Jushin Liger vs Titán [1 minute]
11) Jushin Liger vs Felino [1 minute]
12) Jushin Liger vs Mr. Águila [1 minute]
13) Jushin Liger vs Cuatrero [1 minute]
14) Jushin Liger vs Aeroboy [1 minute]
15) Negro Casas vs Blue Panther, Atlantis, Carístico, Ángel de Oro, Titán, Felino, Mr. Águila, Cuatrero, Aeroboy [battle royal]
16) Jushin Liger vs ?
The big idea here is Liger will face ten men for one minute each, then there will be a battle royal to see who gets a real match with him. (This one-minute thing has been done in Japan for retirement matches.) The small idea is Lucha Libre Real booked too many people for this show. The final has to be Liger vs Negro Casas or Liger vs Blue Panther or everyone goes home a bit unsatisfied. I’m glad for Aeroboy to get to say he wrestled Liger but I’m not sure most of those names serve the purpose of putting on a good show.
Honestly unsure if it is Super Astro or Super Astro Jr. in the third. I’m thinking it is more likely to be the father because that’s Black Terry Guerrero Maya in the match and not the CMLL one.
I keep thinking there’s meant to be a Sunday Liger show but perhaps not since no one’s announced one.
PALL (SUN) 07/28/2019 Arena Naucalpan
1) Fight Panther, Mandala, Samurya Jr. vs Aero Panther, Dragón Suicida, Vengador Radioactivo and Lady Pink, Optimus, Radioactivo
2) Amnesia, Extreme Fly, Mr. Chivo, Súper Nono, Vaquero De Texas Jr. vs Black Dragón, Chico Che, El Divino, Golden Dragón, Shadow
3) Camuflaje, Cobre, Kalth, Moria, Pesadilla vs Aspirantito, Atomic Star, Belial, Impulso, Mike Segura
4) ?, Carta Brava, Fantasma de la Ópera vs Crazy Boy, Malkriado, Poseidón
5) Kid Silver & Marshe Rockett vs Aeroboy & Draztick Boy and ? & Eterno
6) Trauma I & Trauma II vs Dragón Bane & Hijo de Canis Lupus
7) Pagano vs Demus, Crazy King, Wotan
This is the end result of the DTU/Lucha Libre Boom Faecbook feuding. Acapulco’s NOBA is involved, as well as the new Chicago’s Guerrero Azteca Wrestling. Golden Magic & Marshe Rockett (who was very briefly part of Impact) are in as part of that tie-up.