IWRG (SUN) 06/23/2019 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Carnicero, Dinámico, Voltrex b Ángel Drago, Noisy Boy, Spider Fly
2) Bisoferia, Canibal, Galactus b Águila Oriental, Dranzer, Rey Halcón Jr.
money thrown in
3) Ángel Estrella Jr., Cheff Benito, Fireman b Güero Palma, Guerrero 2000, Kanon
money thrown in
4) Dragón Fly, Jessy Ventura, Mosca b Atomic Star, Black Shadow Jr., Ovett Jr.
5) Angelito, Atomic Boy, Baby Star, Calibus, Pegasuz, Príncipe Aéreo, Sherkan, Torito Negro b Auzter, Black Dragón, Chicanito, Death Metal, Latino, Neza Kid, Puma de Oro, Tortuga Leo [Torneo FILL]
IWRG vs MexaWrestling. Coach Toro Negro got involved to give Principe Aereo the win over Puma de Oro.
6) Dragón Bane & Hijo de Canis Lupus DQ Trauma I & Trauma II
Hijo de Canis Lupus ended up hurt. Black Terry ran in for the save, fought with the Traumas, and set up a trios title match. Traumas confidentially accepted.
Los Traumas were in street brawling mode in the main event. The Canis Lupus angle was Trauma II hammering Lupus’ taped ribs with elbow smashes until he could no longer continue. Dragon Bane did get a pin on Trauma II after Black Terry (who was checking on Lupus) got involved. It appeared to me like it was a three count but it’s reported as a DQ. Maybe the main event was elimination? That’s probably it.
Los Traumas and their father Negro Navarro are the current IWRG Trios champions. The last IWRG Trios title defense in Arena Naucalpan was over two years ago. Negro Navarro only appeared in IWRG once in 2018 (as a last minute replacement on a Montanez show) and not at all this year. This might be all connected to his health issues or not, I’m not sure.
I went to GALLI’s Anniversary show last night. It was alright. The main event ended up as an atomicos with Caristico, Titan, Bandolero and Golden Star against Barbaro Cavernario, Gringo Loco, Golden Dragon and Skayde Jr. (I think?) and was the best match of the show. The CMLL guys did their trademark spots for the crowd, who were definitely there to see them. (Maybe around 300 fans?) Caristico worked a lot with Gringo Loco. Cavernario looks so great even just doing simple things.
The rest of the show wasn’t strong. The opener was fun, I missed most of the next match, and then it slipped into a stretch of not good matches. Aeroboy tried hard in his singles match and I really need to know the story about what was going on with his opponent. GALLI undercards aren’t my favorite but things went more off the rails for a bit.
Tonight’s CMLL show has a rare midcard title match. Esfinge & Triton defend Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship in Arena Puebla (a location that is not Arena Coliseo.) Esfinge & Triton own these belts last March and have defended them once in September. Tiger & Felino should be good opponents. They’re also unlikely to win, as CMLL’s also setting up a Triton & Esfinge title defense in Arena Coliseo Guadalara for next Sunday. Not defending the belt for nine months and then doing it twice in seven days is typical CMLL. Tiger versus Triton still seems like a long shot to have a mask match, though at least this is giving them and these cards something interesting.
The main event has Caristico, Titan and Volador Jr. against NGD. Sanson fouled Volador last week. That seems like tonight should set up a singles match on 07/01. That plan may be changed if Volador is wrestling Forastero this Saturday instead. Gran Guerrero, Templario and Rey Bucanero take on Kraneo, Volcano and Soberano in the semi-main. Magia Blanca & Super Astro Jr. pop in the segunda. The show streamed at 9 pm.
AAA announced it’s annual pre-TripleMania Pilmigrance will take place on Thursday August 1st at 11 am. This is the annual march and church service, taking place a couple of days before TripleMania. Can I pitch my annual pre-TripleMania idea right here? They should run Arena San Juan or something like that size a day or two before TripleMania with a bunch of people who aren’t on the show. They can put on Twitch (and anywhere else they can stream if allowed) and just use it to do a live hard sell of TripleMania, preferably in English & Spanish. Maybe bring in a couple of people who are facing in matches to do an in-ring confrontation. It’s a more effective way to promote the bigger show to the internet audience and it’s a second live event to get people to make the trip who may just not want to come for a single AAA show. WWE’s managed to create a festival around WrestleMania, which has served to make WrestleMania seem like an even bigger deal, and that’s something AAA could borrow from.
Liger is on the cover of Box Y Lucha 3390.
DTU has an interview with Jitsu. He is a big fan of ninjitsu and Hayabusa.
CMLL (SAT) 06/29/2019 Arena Coliseo
1) Arkalis & Sonic vs Cholo & Yago
2) La Guerrera, Marcela, Skadi vs Amapola, La Seductora, Metálica
3) Pegasso, Star Jr., Stigma vs Dark Magic, Sagrado, Universo 2000 Jr.
4) Audaz, Drone, Esfinge vs Hijo del Villano III, Kawato San, Templario
5) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Stuka Jr. vs Hechicero, La Bestia Del Ring, Rey Bucanero
6) Volador Jr. vs Forastero
Forastero gets to have the Volador match. Audaz & Kawato meet less than 24 hours before their title match.
IAW (SAT) 06/29/2019 Centro de Alto Rendimento The Crash, Ecatepec, Estado de México
1) Ancla Jr. © vs Ancla [NEWR REVIVAL]
2) Star Fire vs Hija De Gateubla
3) Black Rider & Hell Raider vs Fly Metalik & Fulgor I
4) Dash, Iron Kid, Kunay vs Aerodynamic, Aramis, Infinity
5) Jitsu vs Steve Pain vs La Fuerza vs Psycho Kid vs Látigo
6) Mr. Iguana vs Energia vs Erick Ortiz vs Belial
7) Cíclope & Miedo Extremo vs Araña de Plata Jr. & Eterno
Seems weird Steve Pain is working a multi-man match third from the top. The main event is billed as “ten years later” but I’m not sure what they’re following up on.