CMLL (FRI) 06/21/2019 Arena México [CMLL, El Grafico, ESTO, Lost in Lucha, Lucha Central, Marca, Ovaciones, PubliMetro, Record, The Gladiatores]
1) Espíritu Negro & Hijo del Signo b Robin & Súper Astro Jr.
10:28. Rudos took 1/3.
2) Drone, Fuego, Tritón b Disturbio, Tiger, Virus
14:17. Tecnicos took 2/3. Triton & Tiger continue to feud, Triton won cleanly.
3) Hechicero, Kawato San, Templario b Audaz, Flyer, Soberano Jr.
16:53. Rudos took 1/3 in a wild match.
4) Negro Casas b Titán [lightning]
6:32. Casas won via casita after kicking out of a Titan one.
5) Ciber the Main Man, Gilbert el Boricua, The Chris b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
13:11. Team Ciber took 1/3, the last when he fouled and chokeslamed UG.
6) Ángel de Oro & Niebla Roja b La Bestia Del Ring & Rush [Copa Dinastia]
21:15. Chavez took 2/3 to win the tournament. Rush was DQed for weapon usage in the second. Third came down to Oro & Rush. In a sequence that looked confused, Rush gave Oro a martinete, then Oro recovered immediately to foul and cradle Rush for the win.
Of the newspapers recaps, I think only Publimetro mentions the martinete. Something went wrong there, leading to a very visible discussion between Rush & referee Edgar Noriega. The best guess was Bestia was supposed to distract and forgot. The match was better than the Homenaje a Dos Leyendas match with a nearly as confusing ending.
The third match was the best of the night, exciting if not sharp at times.
I don’t know if CMLL is actually going to do the Ciber/UG hair match. I do know this crowd didn’t seem to care much about the idea.
Maybe the biggest news from the night was a new announcement, shown before and during the show, forbidding the long-running tradition of throwing coins to the ring to celebrate a great match. CMLL has made an announcement telling fans there is no reason to throw anything at the ring for some time; fans interrupted that as other objects but CMLL’s security has wanted the coins to stop as well. It is not hard to find incidents of front row fans being hit by an errant coin throws or wrestlers getting pegged by coins thrown at them instead of at the ring. CMLL also really tries to speed undercard matches out of the ring to keep the show going, so there have been times where following matches have been taking bumps on coins that no one had time to scoop up. The obvious reasons to keep doing is this is money raining into the ring is an awesome visual when done right and at high volume and the luchadors definitely don’t mind the extra money. The fans don’t mind it either; all the responses I got about this last night were people upset about CMLL trying to put a stop to it.
This announcement didn’t put a stop to it last night. Fans threw in money anyway after the third match, though it did seem like security might have talked to them about it. I don’t expect this to change in any other venue in Mexico and I’m not sure it’ll change in Arena Mexico unless something else is suggested to replace it or CMLL security really cracks down.
In the ever-changing CMLL on Televisa situation, they’re starting at 4 pm today but getting two hours of airtime.
Killer Kross appeared to be written off Impact Wrestling last night. The promotion didn’t definitely say he was done but the segment he appeared on appeared to be an ending. Kross is playing into it on Twitter, people who’ve contacted Impact says he’s still under contract. Kross’s significant other Scarlett Bordeaux recently was granted her release after complains both had about their contracts became public. Both were free to work AAA while working Impact. AEW had said previously to be interested in signing them, which would mean they would remain free to wrestle in AAA as long as they’d like. However, anyone AEW has interest in, WWE also has an interest in as well. There’s at least a chance of those two finishing up in AAA.
La Parka’s Record column talks about the AAA show in Los Angeles on October 3rd. The show is on October 13th.
Puma King has a video from Verano de Escandalo.
DTU has an interview with Principe Cometa.
- Baja Wrestling has LA Park vs Rush in Tijuana tonight. The Crash was actually promoting this show at their own show, an unusual occurrence in the Tijuana promotional wars. Semi-main includes Extreme Tiger’s first match this year after shoulder surgery.
- Cavernario, Caristico, Titan and Bestia 666 make the first stop of a two day US tour in San Franciso’s Pro Wrestling Revolution. The caveman faces Caristico in the main event.
- Audaz vs Luciferno is the most interesting bit of the Coliseo show.
- There’s an all women’s show in Arena Lopez Mateos.
- Two finalists for the CMLL Super Lightweight title will be decided on Sunday’s Arena Mexico show
- GALLI has its anniversary show outside of Chicago. Titan & Caristico vs Gringo Loco & Golden Dragon. This is at the Melrose Park 5 Star Sports location instead of the flea market, which I’m typing because I keep thinking I need to go to the flea market. I still can’t track down the full card for this show but it will stream for $5.
- Arena Naucalpan has a FILL cibernetico.
- Arena Coliseo Guadalara wraps up a weekend of anniversary celebrations with a hair match.
- Arena Lopez Mateos has a whole lot of title matches
CMLL (FRI) 06/28/2019 Arena México
1) Eléctrico & Oro Jr. vs Inquisidor & Nitro
2) Avispa Dorada, La Maligna, Lluvia vs Amapola, La Comandante, Tiffany
3) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón vs Esfinge, Titán, Tritón
4) Stuka Jr. vs Mephisto [lightning]
5) Ciber the Main Man, Gilbert el Boricua, The Chris vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
6) Carístico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
I was thinking about going to the AAW show that’s this same night. I hadn’t bought a ticket, afraid I was going to have to eat if CMLL did something important. I think I could buy that AAW ticket now. A few matches that could be alright but nothing special here. Next week is the big show.
The Crash (FRI) 07/05/2019 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
1) Dinámico, Terror Azteca, Tiago vs Murciélago Plateado, Ryan Kidd, Xperia
2) Gallito Tapatío & Microman vs Chamuel & Guapito
3) Bugambilia, Luke Hawx, PJ Hawx vs Black Danger, Mortiz, Oráculo
4) Animal, Demencia, Silver Star vs Star Boy, Viento, Zarco
5) Ángel de Oro & Niebla Roja vs LSG & Shaheem Ali
6) Rey Horus © vs El Bandido, The King, Xtreme Tiger [THE CRASH HEAVY]
7) Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf © vs Hijo de LA Park & LA Park [THE CRASH TAG]
Semi-main seems great. Interested in seeing if Coast 2 Coast can make any waves outside of ROH. (For both Crash here and ROH in general, they need guys like those to be relevant.) Fourth match is the rudo vs rudo locals feud. My guess about NJPW reasons for the move seems way off.
NLL (THU) 07/11/2019 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca, Ciudad México, Distrito Federal
1) Christi Jaynes, Stephanie Vaquer, Thunder Rosa vs Lady Flammer, Reina Oscura, Sexy Star
2) Heddi Karaoui & Negro Navarro vs Canek & Damián 666
3) Galeno Del Mal & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Hijo de LA Park & LA Park
4) Fresero Jr. & Mr. Iguana vs Bestia 666 & Damián 666 and Relámpago & the Tiger (Tamaulipas)
5) Brazo De Oro Jr., Dual, Hijo De Dos Caras vs Batab El Guerrero, Bram, La Máscara
6) El Bandido vs Rey Horus
7) ? & Matt Sydal vs Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Mecha Wolf 450
8) Alberto el Patrón, Hijo del Fantasma, LA Park vs Apolo (Puerto Rico), El Mesías, MVP
Take Two. Nacion Lucha Libre not only couldn’t get the lineup correct the first time, they couldn’t get the press release announcing the new lineup correct the first time. It went up for a while, deleted, and was reposted with some minor corrections. They acknowledge Wagner, Penta and Fenix being off the card but no one else, possibly because it looked too embarrassing to remove that many people. Those guys are said to be welcome back as soon as they’re free from their obligations while Nacion emphasized they’re not going to sign anyone to contracts.
Horus & Bandido looks like a good match. Chavo going the “we’re going to teach the Mexicans how to do it right” and ending up facing Matt Sydal is funny.
Show #2 is probably a little over a month away and hasn’t been mentioned yet.