AAA TV (SAT) 06/15/2019 Plaza de Toros, Cancún, Quintana Roo [AAA, La Verdad Noticias, Lucha Central]
1) Invencible Jr. & Tiger Fly b Corsario Jr. & Guerrero Galáctico
7:26. Invencible beat Corsario Jr..
2) Mamba & Máximo b Hijo del Tirantes & Keyra
14:00. Maximo beat Tirantes after a kiss.
3) Chik Tormenta, La Hiedra, Tessa Blanchard b Lady Shani, Scarlett Bordeaux, Taya
11:05. Tessa won via Buzzsaw DDT.
4) Sammy Guevara b Puma King, Myzteziz Jr.
8:12. Sammy Guevara beat Myzteziz via shooting star press. Kross attacked Puma and Myzteziz after.
5) Daga b Laredo Kid
16:28. Daga won via double stomp to the head after Tessa cost Laredo the win. Taya made the save after.
6) Aerostar, Hijo Del Vikingo, La Parka b Australian Suicide, Chessman, Monsther Clown
15:47. Vikingo defeated Australian Suicide via reverse 450 splash but was hurt after the match. Aerostar did a dive off a light tower.
7) Dr. Wagner Jr., Pagano, Psycho Clown DQ Killer Kross, Rey Escorpión, Taurus
19:17. Escorpion fouled and unmasked Psycho Clown.
This was a little bit better than expected for the off night before the big show, though nothing really must see if you missed it. Cancun seems like it is always a rougher town to draw in and the bullring looked half full at best.
This show is probably going to be most remembered for the show where a fan grabbed Scarlett Bordeaux late in the match. It was brief enough that Bordeaux didn’t realize it happened until she saw the footage (or probably the GIF) later on. It was an especially out of control crowd, with one female fan slapping Daga as he went over the barricade, groping Laredo Kid, and getting involved at other points. There was also a moment where it appeared a fan took a swing at Rey Escorpion, something AAA cut away from quickly. The fan who grabbed Bordeaux was visible before the main event in the same place, now holding his daughter up to see Psycho Clown, so I suspect nothing came of it. It would be positive if AAA used this as a moment to get more active in making the ringside area safe for their wrestlers. There were none of these incidents on Sunday in Merida.
Vikingo seems to be dealing with a rib muscle injury. He was hurting in post-match interviews in Monterrey and on this show. He probably needs rest but he’s continuing to wrestle.
AAA TV (SUN) 06/16/2019 Poliforuma Zamna, Mérida, Yucatan [AAA, Lucha Central (Spanish), SuperLuchas, thecubsfan, Voices of Wrestling, Yucatan]
Verano de Escandalo, 2019
1) Halcón Rojo Jr. & Panther Boy Jr. b Danger Boy & Jaguar Sagrado
dark match, not shown on stream
2) Keyra b Lady Shani ©, Chik Tormenta [Reina De Reinas]
8:30. Not as much “made a title match” as suddenly referred to starting the night prior. Keyra pinned Shani to win the title. Keyra is the 26th champion (1st reign) and Shani falls on her fourth defense.
3) Faby Apache b Hijo del Tirantes
9:07. Chik Tormenta helped Tirantes but it didn’t much help.
4) Mamba & Máximo b Australian Suicide & Sammy Guevara
12:46. Sammy Guevera shooting star press on Mamba to win.
5) Laredo Kid & Taya b Daga & Tessa Blanchard
14:34. Laredo Fly on Daga after a brass knucks spot took out Tessa.
6) Aerostar, Pagano, Puma King b Chessman, Killer Kross, Monsther Clown
10:33. Puma powerbombed Chessman thru a ladder. Aerostar did a fall from high up on the light tower and appeared injured.
7) Hijo Del Vikingo, La Parka, Myzteziz Jr. b La Hiedra, Rey Escorpión, Texano Jr.
13:23. Vikingo beat Hiedra via reverse 450 splash. Los Mercenarios had new black leather outfits.
8) Fénix & Pentagón Jr. b Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson © [AAA TAG]
11:54. Package piledriver/double stomp on Nick to become 26th champions. Young Bucks fall on their second defense. Fenix & Pentagon regained the tag team titles for the 2nd time, Pentagon’s 3rd reign overall.
9) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Psycho Clown b Blue Demon Jr. & Taurus
17:23. Wagner beat Demon via Wagner Driver.
The only card that didn’t change this year was the one people wanted to change. This was a show more than an exhibition of great wrestling matches that some of the TV tapings have provided. The fans in the building seemed to enjoy the show and I think it was an overall positive enough experience that those show sampled for this show will come back for TripleMania if the right talent is involved. I’m not sure it was something that moved many tickets for MSG or TripleMania. This seemed like the moment to do something big for those shows – it was the largest streaming audience they’ve had in English and the largest Spanish one since last year’s TripleMania – but nothing was really built towards outside of the Demon/Wagner match. MSG & TripleMania got light mentions if that much.
The tag title match was the match to watch form the show, with everything else depending on your preference for the people involved and nothing else really being must see. It’ll be on AAA’s YouTube sometime next month, though I imagine the tag title match will be bootlegged much sooner than that.
The Young Bucks teased a return on Twitter. I’d imagine they’ll be back for TripleMania. They’d figured to be on US TV by the time Heroes Inmortales takes place.
Aerostar’s landing looked bad, like a possible serious injury. I didn’t even want to RT the GIF until there was some clear sign he was OK. AAA in Twitch said he was ok but I had trouble believing it. An Aerostar fan support Twitter account wrote last night that Aerostar was in the hospital and getting a CT scan. AAA’s update this morning says Aerostar was under medical observation but in good condition. He’s feeling good enough to start replying to people on Twitter.
This show ended exactly at 9. Wagner wanted to cut a promo at the end of the show, could not, and I was left wondering if it was because they were out of time. The show starting a half hour late didn’t help; it seems like AAA should know what time their shows start in advance, but this is the second straight weekend of a show being pushed back.
AAA announcers were hyping Cody as appearing on this show the night before. Only the English teased it on Sunday, which means someone must’ve let JMG and Hugo what was going on but didn’t pass the message onto the other guys. Cody & AEW never suggested he would be at Verano de Escandalo and it made AAA (& AEW) look bad to be advertising a guy who wouldn’t be there. For what it’s worth, the 07/18 Aguascalientes show is now teasing Cody appearing. Aguascalientes seems to get big names despite the fans not really turning out or reacting much to them.
AEW announced Laredo Kid will team with Pentagon & Fenix to face the Young Bucks & Kenny Omega at the 06/29 show (Fyter Fest). This show will air free on Bleacher Report Live, though you’ll have sign-up for an account. (If you have a Google account, you can just use that.) Laredo Kid takes Pac’s spot. He’s also probably taking the pin, but it is a great chance to get himself over to a crowd that probably won’t know him well.
The Laredo Kid announcement was made on this week’s Being The Elite. Laredo Kid is also on Impact this weekend, teaming with LAX versus the Rascalz. Most of Being the Elite was taped in Mexico. I watched the show not really expecting to find news on Laredo Kid, but to see if there was any Hijo del Vikingo bit. Vikingo appears certain to work AEW shows (and many other places) when/if he’s able to work in the US, but he does not have that ability at the moment and no one has publically given an answer of when that will happen. This is all a Groundhog’s Day bit: If the Young Bucks included Vikingo, that would suggest his visa is close to being resolved. Instead, Vikingo wasn’t mentioned at all, which says to me no one is confident about it. AAA’s show in MSG is less than three months away.
AAA’s always strange schedule means they’re off for 17 days before coming back on July 3rd in San Luis Potosi. They’ll also be taping in Guadalajara (Zapopan) that weekend. There are no announced returned dates for Penta & Fenix.
CMLL (SAT) 06/15/2019 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Acero & Aéreo b Mercurio & Pierrothito
Mercurio replaced Pequeno Universo. Tecnico stook 2/3.
2) Halcón Suriano Jr., Príncipe Diamante, Súper Astro Jr. b Grako, Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca
Super Astro replaced Magnus. Rudos took 1/3.
3) Drone, Dulce Gardenia, Fuego vs Misterioso Jr., Pólvora, Virus
Dulce Gardenia debut. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. DQ Dark Magic, Hechicero, Vangellys
Tecnicos took 2/3, Dark Magic unmasked Maya for the DQ.
5) Titán b Templario
Titan took 2/3.
6) Atlantis, Místico, Volador Jr. b Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
tecnicos took 1/3
CMLL (SUN) 06/16/2019 Arena México [CMLl]
1) El Coyote & Inquisidor b Leono & Sonic
2) Disturbio, Nitro, Príncipe Odín Jr. b Eléctrico, Sangre Imperial, Stigma
rudos took 1/3
3) Sangre Azteca b Halcón Suriano Jr. [lightning]
4) Amapola, Dalys, La Comandante b Avispa Dorada, La Maligna, Sanely
Rudas took 2/3
5) Luciferno, Mephisto, Terrible b Flyer, Titán, Volcano
Rudos took 1/3
6) Carístico, Soberano Jr., Volador Jr. DQ Bárbaro Cavernario, Euforia, Gran Guerrero
Euforia was pinned but came back in to attack Voaldor Jr. the DQ.
Maybe they’re setting up Volador/Euforia, maybe they’ll forget it next week.
CMLL (SUN) 06/16/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Chakal, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno b Fugaz, Mr. Samurai, Reycko
rudos took 1/3
2) El Alteño, Mágico, Neutrón DQ Gran Kenut, León Blanco, Mr. Apolo
straight falls. Gran Kenut took Neutron’s mask
3) Difunto, Ráfaga, Sádico DQ Explosivo, Joker, Star Black
rudos took 2/3, Rafag faking a foul from Star Black
4) Furia Roja, Guerrero de la Muerte, Maléfico b Esfinge, Tritón, Vaquero Jr.
rudos took 1/3, the last by pulls Esfinge & Triton’s masks. Challenges for an Arena Coliseo Tag Title match followed.
5) Paymon L Tigre Blanco, Capitán Cobra, Fantástico [mask]
Order of escape: Tigre Blanco (beat Fantastico), Capitan Cobra (Payman), Fantastico leaving Paymon as the loser. Paymon is Daniel Vera Clemente, 21 years old, 6 years a wrestler
I don’t post Sunday Guadalajara results on the main page unless something important happening. The mask match qualifies the challenge for the Arena Coliseo Tag Team championship is more questionable.
Tonight’s Arena Puebla show has Ultimo Guerrero versus Terrible in a singles match. NGD versus Caristico, Volador and Titan could be good if they’re interested in making it good. Tiger fights Esfinge, Stigma and Triton for what seems like the millionth time. (Meanwhile, Puma King is headed to Ireland this weekend.) This will stream on YouTube at 9 pm.
Heraldo de Mexico has an interview with Atlantis. He mentions that only one of his two sons wanted to go into lucha libre. Then, after Atlantis Jr. debuted, the other son said he wanted to start training again. If/when he debuts, he’ll be Hijo del Atlantis. Atlantis Jr. is training in the morning, going to university, and studying all night. It’s demanding but Atlantis wants his son to be worthy and responsible off the name. The older Atlantis says he’s thought about retirement but doesn’t have a date in mind; he feels wrestling is his life, and he’s not sure how much more his life will last if he doesn’t have wrestling.
The Soberano Jr. vs Templario match from Pittsburgh is up on Facebook here. It starts around 53:30.
Misterioso Jr. met with the IMSS officials this past Wednesday about the death of his daughter Zulema. The hospital staff took responsibility for negligence and agreed to compensate the family. In the process of investigating this, PubliMetro found 22 different claims from luchadors of problems with the hospital system over the last 18 years.
IWRG (SUN) 06/16/2019 Arena Naucalpan [+LuchaTV, Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), The Gladiatores]
IWRG Festival de Mascaras, 2019
1) Fulgor I & Fulgor II b Iron Kid & Príncipe Aéreo
2) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Jessy Ventura, Óscar El Hermoso, Soy Raymunda
3) Black Terry, Bombero Infernal, Sangre Azteca b Coco Rojo, Coco Verde, Cocolores
Sangre Azteca replaced Nitro. Terry said the Temerarios would be returning.
4) Aramis b Demonio Infernal
sets up a Rey del Ring title match for next week
5) Aramis, Atomic Star, Internacional Pantera b Cerebro Negro, El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Fly Warrior
Aramis & Atomic Star replaced Huracan Ramirez & Mascara Sagrada Jr. Vampiro was honored before the match.
6) Cuatrero, Forastero (NGD), Sansón DQ Capo del Norte, Capo del Sur, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
fouls and mask pulls. Cuatrero and Mascara 2000 Jr. (remasked for just this show) ended up without masks, and the referee ruled the CMLL team was in the right. Los Capos said they’d take the fight to Arena Mexico (they will not)
7) Dragón Bane, Hijo de Canis Lupus, Negro Casas b Hechicero, Trauma I, Trauma II
challenges between Casas & the Traumas followed
The turnout looked pretty good though short of a sellout. Matches 1 and 4 were said to be pretty good. I saw part of the opener and it seemed fun.
The indie wrestling promotion alliance PALL held a press conference before the Arena Naucalpan show
- There will be a benefit show for Metaleon on Wednesday. He suffered a wrist injury in Arena Naucalpan last week.
- PALL announced a “Guerreros Azteca Wrestling” from the US joining their group.
- Guerreros Azteca Wrestling is a new group in Illinois.
- I thought they meant Guerreros Azteca Lucha Libre International, the GALLI promotion I attend from time to time. GALLI, did acknowledge the PALL press conference and had earlier said they would be joining the alliance Apparently GAW is different than GALLI.
- PALL also announced Marco Moreno would be headed to Japan soon in hopes of securing a deal with NOAH and will also go to China.
- Lucha Memes departure from the group is explained as only wanting groups who follow the rules of PALL, and everyone is free to leave when they want.
- Lucha Memes replied to this with an emoji tweet.
- The current PALL promotion list is IWRG, NOBA (Acapulco), Lucha Boom, MDA, Mexa Wrestling, TWE (Tijuana) and GALLI.
- Generacion XXI appears to have left the group with Memes.
- The GCC/Barakal Merida based promotion, Pleu Sports and Torta Super Astro were all mentioned 10 months ago at the initial PALL promotion. We haven’t heard much from any of them so I assume they’re inactive or permanently closed.
Vampiro also appeared at the press conference. The PALL connection was some mild talk about talent exchanges with Vampiro’s soon to debut school. Vampiro again said he has the first stages of Alzheimer & Parkinson’s. He is now saying he risks injury or death if he returns to the ring and will not, which was different than he was saying a couple of weeks ago. Vampiro also says he’s still a part of AAA and supports them, but his focus is on his health – the idea here is he can’t travel to Mexico City to work for AAA because the treatments he’s getting are all in Las Vegas. He could travel for this ceremony though.
The Crash (SAT) 06/15/2019 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [@JorgeGCRR, The Crash]
1) Austin Theory b El Mesías
2) Mecha Wolf 450 & The King b Bestia 666 & Penta 0M [Relevos Increíbles]
Mecha Wolf & Bestia asked for more competition for the tag titles.
3) Deluxe, Dinámico, Lady Flammer b Black Danger, Miranda Alize, Tiago
Deluxe replaced Gringo Loco. Flammer pinned Miranda.
4) Hijo del Fantasma & Niebla Roja b Ángel de Oro & Rey Horus [Relevos Increíbles]
Fantasma beat Rey Angel de Oro after Los Traumas distracted the Chavez Brothers and both Rebelion members turned on them.
5) Sansón & Trauma I b Cuatrero & Trauma II [Relevos Increíbles]
Trauma were willing to fight each other, NGD was not. It came down to Cuatrero vs Sanson and Cuatrero laid down to give Sanson the win.
6) El Bandido b Adam Brooks, Dragón Lee (CMLL), Matt Taven
Bandido beat Brooks.
Very strange card order, feels like some people who normally go later had earlier flights. Main event was not must see but it was fun. The crowd seemed OK but not particularly strong; I want to blame all the relevos increibles matches but I always hate the relevos increible matches.
There was the usual a lot of announced for the July 5th show during the show. The Crash is really the best at letting their fans know why they should come back for the next show.
- the CMLL Micros (Gallito & Microman vs Chamuel & Guapito)
- Xtreme Tiger, Bandido, Rey Fenix, Extreme Tiger, Hijo de LA Park, LA Park will appear
- Rey Mysterio will be the guest host and “an Angel” will rise. (They hinted Angel Garza (Jr.) without saying his name.)
- It is definitely odd that WWE people are allowed to appear here, but this is where not streaming helps
This show was originally announced for July 6th. Moving it one day means this no longer goes heads up with the NJPW show in Dallas. Not that they’re competing against each other, but I’m sure The Crash would love to bring in a person/people from NJPW if they’re willing to come. Moving it to the day before NJPW in Dallas means those wrestlers will be in North America and may be available. The interesting thing is July 5th is a Friday and CMLL would probably equally like to have a guest wrestler or two from NJPW if they’re available. And I’m not sure if anyone who has a G1 match on that Dallas show is going to want to spend all day traveling before it; maybe this is more other people who may be working tag matches.
07/16 Lucha Memes in Arena Queretaro
In El Planchitas column, the claim is the AAA affiliated wrestlers scheduled for Nacion Lucha Libre were never told the promotion would be on TV, and they wouldn’t have taken the booking if they knew. TV Azteca & Televisa will not allow wrestlers on those channels to appear on any other channel. This would seem to mean Mesias is blocked from appearing as well. However, Mesias did an interview with ESPN Mexico promoting Nacion Lucha Libre.
Tuxtla Gutierrez’s Arena Metropolitana Jorge Cuesy boxing/lucha building is being converted into a migrant shelter due to overcrowding at other locations. The building has been used for a variety of bigger local indie shows over the years.
PALL (WED) 06/19/2019 Arena Naucalpan
1) Sherekan vs Torito Negro, Toto, Mike, Príncipe Aéreo
2) Demasiado & Diva Salvaje vs Lady Cat & Lilith Dark and Atomic Star & Black Danger (Baja California)
3) Avisman vs Fulgor
4) Black Terry, Centvrión, El Diablo Fly Star vs Cerebro Negro, Demus, Fantasma de la Ópera
5) Dinamic Black, Eterno, Fresero Jr., Imposible, Mr. Leo vs Black Dragón, Dragón Bane, Fly Warrior, Lunatik Xtreme, Puma de Oro
Generacion Dorada (2010) vs Generacion Milenials (2019)
6) Aramis vs Demonio Infernal © [IWRG Rey del Ring]
7) Trauma I & Trauma II vs Emperador Azteca & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
A Metaleon benefit show. That Aramis/Demonio match is happening earlier than I thought.