CMLL (TUE) 06/11/2019 Arena México [CMLL, Lucha Central, The Gladiatores]
1) Pequeño Olímpico & Pequeño Violencia b Angelito & Kaligua
rudos took 1/3.
2) Cancerbero, Espíritu Negro, Raziel b Oro Jr., Robin, Súper Astro Jr.
rudos took 2/3.
3) Virus b Drone [lightning]
4) Dalys, Reyna Isis, Tiffany b La Jarochita, Marcela, Sanely
Rudas took 2/3.
5) Ephesto, Hechicero, Mephisto b Atlantis, El Audaz, Kráneo
Rudos took 1/3.
6) Forastero, La Bestia Del Ring, Terrible b Soberano Jr., Stuka Jr., Titán
Soberano replaced Diamante Azul on Saturday.
An all rudo show with weak reviews. CMLL also made no attempt to do a replacement feud for Diamante Azul/Forastero.
Diamante Azul posted a video on Instagram of himself in a hospital to undergo surgery. I still don’t know what the injury is, but he’s clearly going to be out for a while. Maybe there will be an update on Informa.
CMLL (TUE) 06/11/2019 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Black Sugar, Principe Daniel, Tigre Blanco b Capitán Cobra, El Chakal, León Blanco
tecnicos took 1/3.
2) Amapola, La Seductora, Metálica b Avispa Dorada, La Guerrera, Lluvia
Rudas took 2/3.
3) Pólvora, Universo 2000 Jr., Vangellys b Flyer, Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa
rudos took 2/3
4) Ángel de Oro, Místico, Niebla Roja b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
tecnicos too 2/3.
5) Gran Guerrero, Rush, Último Guerrero DQ Carístico, Cavernario, Volador Jr. [Relevos Increíbles]
Team Rush took 1/3, the last when he faked a foul from Caristico. That set up a singles match for next week.
So that feud continues on like planned, even while Arena Mexico does not.
There was a press conference before the Arena Coliseo Guadalajara show to set up some local matches that had been built up over the last couple of months, as part of the 60th Anniversary of Arena Coliseo Guadalajara.
- June 16 will have a four-way mask match including Capitan Cobra, Paymon, Fantastico, and Tigre Blanco
- June 23 will have Vaquero Jr. vs Malefico in a hair vs hair match
- The building will also hold a film festival on June 22nd
- The building will also feature a lucha libre art exhibition this month
There’s a lot of follow up articles on Nacion Lucha Libre, including quotes from interviews post press conference. Daniel Leal was presented as director of the promotion, so he’s probably the guy paying the bills. Tickets for the first show are said to be 200 to 900 at eticket.mx; they’re not up there right now. They have a website nacionluchalibre.com, which is nothing but a setup for emails. The email sends you a generic image of the poster for the show, with no information about when the first show is happening (much less other shows.)
Alberto hyped Nacion Lucha Libre as having a bigger star power card than any other promotion. The promotion will treat wrestlers better than any other promotion, promising to cover the medical expenses of any injured wrestler and retirement funds. Alberto said Nacion Lucha Libre was two years in the works and everything was carefully planned out. Fantasma will be honored on an August show as a plan of honoring a different legend on every show.
A wire story posted everywhere has Alberto saying Rey Mysterio will come to the roster. (Other sources clarify Alberto said it would be his dream for Rey Mysterio to join, not that he actually will. Excelsior quotes Alberto as saying they’d run MGM Arena in Las Vegas, a 17,000 seat building, as a season-ending show. Record quotes Alberto as saying they’ll be running 35 dates, including shows in San Antonio and Austin. He also is quoted here as saying he’ll have an alliance with NJPW by the end of the year; MedioTiempo says Alberto instead said they many tour Japan but it was yet to be confirmed.
Blue Demon Jr. says he’ll retire if he loses his mask. Dr. Wagner Jr. has said the same about the TripleMania match. I believe Demon.
LA Park (and son) is showing up on AAA spot shows. He’s listed on a Juarez show and this one outside of Toluca. AAA local promoters are free to bring in LA Park on their own, and it often happens in Nuevo Laredo with no extra meaning attached. Still, when it happens a lot, it points to a return to AAA and it officially becomes TripleMania season on Sunday night. Just something to watch out for right now.
This is a few days old, but Fenix & Pentagon have been moved to Impact’s Alumni page. They weren’t on the last tapings or the set before that and were essentially done after the last PPV. They haven’t appeared on recent MLW shows either. I believe they’re still working non-AEW shows in the US for a while (and technically still might not be under AEW contract) but this is TV companies moving on from them before they’re pulled away.
Earlier this year, Misterioso Jr.’s daughter passed away during childbirth at an IMSS hospital. Misterioso Jr. doubts the doctors did their jobs properly and asked for an investigation into her death. He was told the investigation would take 40 days. After 50 days of nothing, he took to social media to demand something be done. It got some attention, enough for IMSS to respond saying they’ve completed the investigation and are they’re just finishing the report.
A mass was held for Silver King in Torreon. El Hijo del Santo appeared to do interviews with Silver King’s son, so they seem OK. Santo noted a lot of people had questions and comments about what happened but the only people he felt he needed to answer to were Silver King’s family.
Octagon, promoting his union in El Grafico, says only 70 people who have joined so far. That’s actually more than I would’ve guessed.
Chulo Vista officially proclaimed next Wednesday, June 19th, as Rey Mysterio Jr. Day.
LuchaWorld has the latest news update.
Lucha Memes, TWE, Mexa Wr (SAT) 06/29/2019 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México
1) Rayo Star & Sky Man vs King Rocker (Puebla) & Rey Samuray (Puebla)
2) Prayer vs Multy
3) Lunatik Extreme & Lunatik Fly vs Alas de Acero & Iron Kid
4) Jonathan vs Templario
5) Hija De Gatubela, Príncipe Aéreo, Torito Negro vs Lady Lee, Pegazus, Skalibur (Baja California)
6) Aramis vs Rey Cometa
7) Caifan & Caifan II vs Canis Lupus & Virus
My database isn’t built to have all these long promotion names. It’s a problem, though not a big one. Aramis/Cometa sounds great, some of the other matches look good. The challenge will be getting the indie fans to come back to this venue a few weeks after the last MexaWrestling one (but it is a few weeks later.)