CMLL (SAT) 06/08/2019 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Inquisidor & Yago b Sangre Imperial & Sonic
2) Amapola, Dalys, Reyna Isis b La Guerrera, La Vaquerita, Skadi
Rudas took 1/3.
3) Príncipe Diamante b Súper Astro Jr. [lightning]
4) Átomo, El Gallito, Microman b Chamuel, El Guapito, Mije
tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Drone, Titán, Valiente DQ Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Templario
Drone replaced Diamante Azul earlier in the day. Tecnicos took 2/3. Templario welcomed Titan back from NJPW by pulling his mask for the DQ.
6) Atlantis, Atlantis Jr., Místico b Cavernario, Felino, Mr. Niebla
tecnicos took 2/3.
Drone replacing Diamante Azul was part Diamante Azul being pulled off all shows the upcoming week. No reason given. Azul has only been back for a few matches after missing a month of CMLL due to what said to be an injury but never really specified. Azul has been wrestling in a shirt, as if he might still be injured and unable to work out. Though, Azul worked indie shows during that last CMLL absence and is listed for one at Arena Lopez Mateos on Sunday.
CMLL (SUN) 06/09/2019 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Shockercito b Pequeño Olímpico & Pierrothito
tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Akuma, Nitro, Sangre Azteca b Magia Blanca, Retro, Star Jr.
rudos took 1/3
3) Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stigma b Dark Magic, Hijo del Villano III, Misterioso Jr.
Rudos took 2/3.
4) Rey Cometa NF Pegasso [lightning]
Match stopped quickly after Pegasso was knocked out taking a Rey Cometa tope.
5) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. b Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
tecnicos took 1/3 and asked for another trios title match.
6) Carístico, Kráneo, Volador Jr. b Gilbert el Boricua, Terrible, Tiger
Kraneo replaced Diamante Azul on Saturday. Tiger replaced Ultimo Guerrero.
There’s replay footage of the Pegasso injury here. Rey Cometa got attention to stop the match right after the dive. Cometa & Pegasso have been friends for a long time and was distraught about what occurred. CMLL has footage of Pegasso on a backboard that seems concerning but later posted a promo from Pegasso assuring everyone he was OK. Pegasso is booked in Arena Puebla tonight and I hope he takes that one off. Princesa Sugehit has not been listed on any new shows since her injury; this week’s Box Y Lucha teases the idea that it could be career ending. I suspect that’s just a tease.
Both Tiger & Puma got main events on the same day.
Since I got the CMLL on TV Mexiquense show working as a weekly recording, I thought I’d give the CMLL on Teleformula (A Ras de Lona) show another shot to see if I can get it to record. I’ve tried in every few months since it started with no luck. Maybe they changed something on their side because I can now record it as well. It is all up on YouTube. Video quality isn’t great but it should help pick up a few matches that don’t turn up or only show up on NJPW World, at least until things change again. Both Teleformula & Mexiquense are airing the Sunday show; this past week, they both aired Soberano/Casas. Not sure if either will end up airing Cometa/Pegasso. Not just because of the injury, both those CMLL B-shows tend to stay away from lightning matches.
Also, somehow I didn’t know HVS is also back uploading CMLL. They’ve got both the TV Mexiquense show and the CMLL Azteca, with better video quality than I have.
Tonight’s Arena Puebla show has a main event rematch, Ultimo Guerrero again teams with Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja against Mascara 2000, Rey Bucanero and Terrible. Last week seemed to set up UG against Terrible, though it is always subject to change in Puebla.
NGD takes on the other Guerrero members in the semi-main, a rare match between those two rudos teams. Esfinge, Fuego, and Triton face Felino, Tiger, and Misterioso in the tercera. A Corsario de Fuego debuts in the second match, a lineup that’ll probably be changed without Pegasso. The Xalapa Corsario de Fuego doesn’t mention the booking, but that isn’t exactly a common name. Centella Roja has been a tecnico since 2015 but is the latest local wrestler to be flipped sides without a turn, listed as a rudo in the opener. The show streams at 9 pm as normal.
AAA TV (SUN) 06/09/2019 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [AAA, Lucha Central, Multimedios, thecubsfan]
1) Baby Xtreme, Big Mami, Niño Hamburguesa b Aero 2000 Jr., La Hiedra, Lady Maravilla
11:44. Big Mami beat Lady Maravilla after Nino Hamburguesa again didn’t want to fight Maravilla. Mami demanded Hamburguesa decide to make a choice between them. Daga attacked Hamburguesa before he could, angry that Mami & Hamburguesa were champions and he was not. He went to attack Mami, only Hamburguesa made the save. Tessa and Drago got involved. Aero 2000 Jr. replaced Komander (still had Komander’s entrance video) and got hurt on a dive.
2) Keyra & Tessa Blanchard b Faby Apache & Lady Shani
9:59. Keyra beat Lady Shani via double stomp, then demanded a title shot. Keyra accepted. Both they and Tessa/Faby fought until security broke them up.
3) Golden Magic & Myzteziz Jr. b Australian Suicide & Villano III Jr.
12:45. Golden Magic used the moonsault slam on Villano III Jr. to win.
4) Laredo Kid © b Hijo Del Vikingo [AAA CRUISER]
18:13. Laredo Fly. 2nd defense, first on TV. Excellent match.
5) Aerostar & Drago b Daga & Monsther Clown
11:38. Aerostar beat Monsther Clown with a code red.
6) Dr. Wagner Jr., Psycho Clown, Puma King b Rey Escorpión, Taurus, Texano Jr.
18:40. Rey Escorpion pulled Psycho Clown’s mask and speared him thru a table to get the win.
Arena Coliseo Monterrey was sold out and looked full even before the show started. If the Multimedios TV deal was going to have an effect anywhere, it was definitely going to be here. Might be the venue, since this seemed like a better crowd than Arena Jose Sulaiman earlier this year. The fans were into the show all night long, really helping the main event feel like a big deal.
Laredo Kid versus Hijo del Vikingo was the best match I’ve seen from Mexico and maybe anywhere this year. The tag match before it was really great too. Both of those matches would be worth your $5 for a Twitch subscription (and then you won’t have to deal with commercial interruptions during Verano de Escandalo this weekend.) Rob and I both had the thought that AAA should put Vikingo/Laredo out themselves to capture on the buzz and plug their upcoming events, but it seems their TV deals prevent AAA from doing something like that at the moment. This won’t turn up on YouTube until mid/late July on the current schedule.
Outside the main event (and a run of fouls in the semi-main), this was a pretty clean show by AAA standards. No Tirantes on the show at all, so a women’s match actually ended with a man getting involved. Verano de Escandalo already has Chik Tormenta vs Keyra vs Lady Shani, so that may be turned into a Reina de Reinas match to take care of both Tormenta & Keyra’s earned title matches. Other than a Konnan promo hyping the Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks, there wasn’t a strong creative push for Verano de Escandalo (though it was still mentioned a lot.)
Pagano, Jack Evans, Sammy Guevara, and Killer Kross all missed the show with no explanation by AAA.
AAA has another Saturday/Sunday back to back next weekend, in Cancun and Merida. The Sunday show is Verano de Escandalo, the Saturday show doesn’t have anything special. Besides the Young Bucks and Lucha Brothers on Sunday, Scarlett Bordeaux is scheduled in for the weekend.
La Parka & Aerostar will be part of a press conference in Guadalajara tomorrow evening to announce the card for the 07/06 AAA TV taping. AAA’s Aguascalientes promoter announced a taping for 07/18, so that may be the following show.
With no next AAA show in Monterrey for a while, Pro Wrestling Mexico is teasing their first show in Arena Coliseo Monterrey in July with a photo of Pagano & Konnan.
IAW (SAT) 06/08/2019 Gimnasio Hercules, Ciudad de México, Distrito Federal
1) Ancla Jr. b La Fuerza, Santy Hernández, Psique [NERW REVIVAL]
2) Candy Swing & Casquivano Jr. b Ángel Jr. & Baronessa
3) Dash b ? [IAW NUEVO VALORES]
no one seems to know who was in this match besides the winner (it is Nuevo Valores). Not the Monterrey Dash.
4) Aerodinamyc b Rencor Negro Jr., Kunay, Shura [IAW JUNIOR]
5) Demonio Infernal & Lilith Dark b Atomik Star & La Heroína
Atomic needed help to get to the back after picking up an injury in the match
6) Belial b Energia, Tromba
No Arez (moved up) so this became a three way.
7) Arez & Látigo b Iron Kid & Negro Casas
win via foul! Negro Casas demanded a rematch.
I have not seen the main event but I want to see it. Hercules seemed full for this show, though it’s a small amount of people they can fit in around the exercise equipment.
Mexa Wrestling (SAT) 06/08/2019 Arena San Juan Pantitlan, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Estado de México [+LuchaTV, Lo Mejor de Lucha Libre]
1) Torito Negro b Calibus, Príncipe Aéreo, Sobredosis, Black Dragón, Auzter, Sherekan, Baby Star
2) Negro Navarro & Solar I b El Mimo & Toro Negro
3) Centurion, Dinamic Black, Fulgor I, Imposible, Mr. Leo b Fly Warrior, Murciélago Plateado, Poseidón, The Tiger, Último Maldito
4) El Diablo & Lady Flammer b Hija De Gatubela & Metaleón
5) Arkángel Divino b Jack Evans, Aramis, Pumita
6) Rey Horus b Steve Pain
7) Golden Boy & Símbolo (Monterrey) b Trauma I & Trauma II
“poliemico duelo.” Traumas wanted revenge.
Didn’t hear anything particular about the matches, though it seemed to be overall positive reviews. No idea how Jack ended up here but not in AAA the next day.
MexaWrestling says they’ll be back in Arena San Juan on June 29th (Friday), though more accurately that turns out to be the new location for Lucha Memes/MEXA/TWE show.
IWRG (SUN) 06/09/2019 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Auzter b Neza Kid
2) Avisman, Lady Flammer, Shil-Kah b Jessy Ventura, Lilith Dark, Príncipe Aéreo
3) Fulgor I, Fulgor II, Torito Negro b Alas de Acero, Black Dragón, Iron Kid
4) Lunatic Extreme & Metaleón b Hijo del Alebrije, Relámpago, Demonio Infernal, El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Aramis, Trauma I, Ovett, Imposible, Trauma II, Chico Che, Fly Warrior, Sinn Bodhi, Zumbi, Internacional Pantera [MEXICO CHAMP, battle royal]
5) Aramis b Sinn Bodhi [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
6) Trauma II b Eterno [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
7) Hijo del Alebrije b Relámpago [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
8) Internacional Pantera b Zumbi [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
9) El Hijo del Medico Asesino b Ovett [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
10) Trauma I b Demonio Infernal [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
11) Imposible b Chico Che [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
12) Metaleón b Lunatic Xtreme [MEXICO CHAMP, 8f]
13) Aramis DQ Trauma II [MEXICO CHAMP, quarterfinal]
DQ for excessive violence
14) Hijo del Alebrije b Internacional Pantera [MEXICO CHAMP, quarterfinal]
15) El Hijo del Medico Asesino b Trauma I [MEXICO CHAMP, quarterfinal]
16) Metaleón b Imposible [MEXICO CHAMP, quarterfinal]
17) Aramis b Hijo del Alebrije [MEXICO CHAMP, semifinal]
18) Metaleón DQ Trauma I [MEXICO CHAMP, semifinal]
19) Aramis NF Metaleón [MEXICO CHAMP, final]
match stopped when Metaleon arm injury was too much to go on. Aramis refused the belt with the idea they’d try the match again later on, though that might be much later on.
I believe the Metaleon arm injury might have actually come in the Trauma I match before. Metaleon was in obvious pain and getting checked on by the doctor in between matches and probably shouldn’t have wrestled the final. Metaleon was diagnosed with a broken arm, which makes it a bit amazing he did as much as he did.
Does anyone want 19 match shows? Am I old for saying 19 matches is too much for one show? It was still a 3-hour show which is shorter than my Warrior Wrestling/ROH TV exhibition last month but I’m not sure I would do that one again either.
El Planchitas writes the breakup between Lucha Memes and IWRG included Memes contacting CMLL and getting them to stop their CMLL wrestlers from working the Festival de las Mascaras show this weekend. NGD are listed in Box Y Lucha as facing the IWRG Dinamtias on that show. IWRG has not put the poster yet. The section cites the initial problem as the 07/04 AAA show scheduled for Naucalpan, which Memes was upset about being too close to their own show.
The same column also mentions the hinted at Alberto el Patron led wrestling shows is the Nacion Lucha Libre that popped up last month. The plan is to include Tinieblas Jr. and other independent wrestlers (which probably means the same crew that works the FULL shows.) Planchitas says Nacion wanted to use AAA luchadors but there are still problems between AAA & Alberto. They’re hoping to get on over the air on ImagenTV. There’s no mention of when this all might happen. An Alberto led promotion is going to be a tougher sell in 2019 without something to heat him back up and is generally odd timing if we’re to believe he’s really still doing an MMA fight sometime this fall.
This is a week late, but Roberto Figueroa says his La Esquina Network is going to expand to cover other promotions, including KAOZ in Monterrey and MexaWrestling. These are said to be exclusive, which would mean the end of MexaWrestling on +LuchaTV. There are hints at deals with IWRG & PALL and the Nacion/Alberto group as well. Mexa & IWRG seem to be on opposite sides of the PALL split at the moment, but that’s all subject to change.
Lucha Memes/TWE/MexaWrestling on 06/29 in Arena San Juan
- Prayer vs Multy
- Lunatik Fly & Lunatik Extreme vs Alas de Acero & Iron Kid
- Jonathan vs Templario
- Rayo Star & Skyman vs King Rocker & Rey Samuray – new
RIOT’s La Riña En El Cerro de La Silla (08/23 & 08/24) participants:
- 08/23 non-tournament match: UnMexicans (Byron & Kaientai) vs El Cartel de Los Culichis (Mr. Iguana & Fresero Jr.)
NJPW announced the return of the Super J Cup. This can also be interrupted as “we’re sorry those NJPW US February shows were disappointing, we’re doing something special to try and win people back.” CMLL participation was mentioned in the promo and confirmed by CMLL. It is a 16 man 3-night tournament, which seems like it should give CMLL luchadors an edge due to constant practice in that format but never quite works out that way. The Super J Cup has tended to use representatives from as many groups as possible (not just the best 16 names like BOSJ), so it is possible CMLL might only have the one (Dragon Lee) representative. Titan was only the CMLL rep in 2016 version. Running this in North America might change. The previous BOSJ also featured a CMLL trios match on the final day and that seems possible again.
A video story on the latest Zona 23 show.
A short documentary on former DTU exotico Chica Ye-Ye will debut later this month in Pachuca.
The legislation to create a Pachuca lucha libre commission is one of four bills left before the local council to settle. It didn’t get a vote either way last time it was proposed and is still being looked over in committee at this point.
CMLL (SAT) 06/15/2019 Arena Coliseo
1) Acero & Aéreo vs Pequeño Universo 2000 & Pierrothito
2) Halcón Suriano Jr., Magnus, Príncipe Diamante vs Grako, Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca
3) Drone, Dulce Gardenia, Fuego vs Misterioso Jr., Pólvora, Virus
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Dark Magic, Hechicero, Vangellys
5) Titán vs Templario
6) Atlantis, Místico, Volador Jr. vs Ephesto, Luciferno, Mephisto
This is the one show I haven’t been able to record (because it may not be recorded) so of course Titan/Templario are getting a rematch there.
Dark Magic hasn’t appeared on a stream since mid-April. Maybe they’re just keeping him on the weekend shows to get more experience before putting him back in front of TV crowds. It does remind me a little bit of the end of the Grey Shadow run, where he fell out of favor with the bookers and was kept only on Sunday shows in what came off like an attempt to get Rocky Romero to quit. Romero jumped to AAA instead.
Dulce Gardenia has been training with CMLL of late for this match, which is another attempt by CMLL to find a replacement for Maximo. Gardenia is from Torreon and has been a regular around those shows.