Black Tiger & Policeman beat El Asturiano & Rey Samuray
(12:08 [6:51, 2:59, 2:18], 1/3, n/r, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Pegasso, Stigma, Tritón beat El Malayo, Espanto Jr., Toro Bill Jr.
(11:27 [5:01, 3:34, 2:52], 1/3, n/r, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas beat Flyer, King Jaguar, Soberano Jr.
(9:04 [3:34, 1:32, 3:58], 1/3, n/r, VideosOficialesCMLL)
the dumb battle royal went 2:12
Audaz & Sansón beat Luciferno & Volcano in a Torneo Increible de Parejas eighthfinal
(5:15, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Carístico & Hijo del Villano III beat Atlantis & Vangellys in a Torneo Increible de Parejas eighthfinal
(2:20, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Niebla Roja & Terrible beat Esfinge & Templario in a Torneo Increible de Parejas eighthfinal
(4:46, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Ephesto & Místico beat Felino & Valiente in a Torneo Increible de Parejas eighthfinal
(4:43, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Carístico & Hijo del Villano III beat Audaz & Sansón in a Torneo Increible de Parejas quarterfinal match
(3:16, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Niebla Roja & Terrible beat Ephesto & Místico in a Torneo Increible de Parejas quarterfinal match
(3:33, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Niebla Roja & Terrible beat Carístico & Hijo del Villano III in a Torneo Increible de Parejas semifinal match
(8:01, ok, VideosOficialesCMLL)
Niebla Roja & Terrible advance to the tournament final.
Triton seems to pick up a leg injury in the closing moments of the segunda, though he still lands the 450 splash fine.
Seven thoughts on this week’s tournament, a series of nothing matches.
- The brief moment where it seemed as though Volcano was going to beat Sanson was sad. Luciferno had some chemistry with Audaz and no one else did. In retrospect, I wonder if they got yelled at for going over five minutes when no one else outside the final did.
- Atlantis barely did anything in his match, even by 2019 Atlantis standards. It is a long car trip for standing on the sidelines of a two-minute match. This was barely OK by tournament standards
- Esfinge looked like a dork trying and failing at being a cool guy coming to the ring and I felt bad for Templario.
- Valiente seemed to invest himself the most in being rudo of anyone playing against type. It didn’t help the matches much but the effort was nice.
- They didn’t trust Villano III to base for any of Audaz’s moves. And the quarterfinal match-up was very much not over for whatever reason. Thought Caristicio winning would’ve led into a hard tease of Caristico vs Mistico but it never gets brought up.
- The Roja/Terrible vs Ephesto/Mistico match had a rare believable near fall in a tournament match when Ephesto landed the shoulderbreaker. I guess he totally would’ve won if he did it to Terrible instead of Niebla Roja.
- The final is very slow as if they’re working to get to a certain time. The Caristico/Villano 3 rudos aren’t interested in using that time to do anything. The match never as much built as just meandered. Wins and losses don’t mean a great deal in CMLL and still it was hard to believe Hijo del Villano III was going to pin either of Niebla Roja & Terrible.