CMLL (MON) 04/08/2019 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Lucha Central, Notimex]
1) El Perverso, Policeman, Tyson La Bestia b Centella Roja, King Jaguar, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Rudos took 2/3, Policeman sneaking in a foul on King Jaguar
2) Avispa Dorada, Marcela, Sanely b Amapola, La Comandante, Metálica
tecnicos took 1/3
3) Ephesto, Luciferno, Misterioso Jr. b Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., Kráneo
Rudos took 1/3.
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. b Hechicero, Templario, Terrible
Terrible replaced Cavernario. Tecnicos took 1/3 going into tomorrow’s title match
5) Carístico, La Bestia Del Ring, Último Guerrero b Diamante Azul, Mephisto, Valiente [Relevos Increíbles]
Straight falls. Mephsito was hurt on a messed up Mistica from Caristico in the first fall. Team UG win set up a UG/Bestia vs Valiente/Azul tag title match.
Semifinal was said to be pretty good, a nice warm up for tonight. CMLL’s Twitter brought up Diamante Azul & Valiente being tag team champions before the main event, which was a tell something was happening. I looked at the trio and thought Ultimo Guerrero & Caristico challenging would be a unique match. How wrong I was.
NGD have faced Soberano, Angel de Oro, and Niebla Roja twice in title matches. They’ve been matches worth watching both times, though that first one never actually aired. They meet again tonight in Arena Mexico’s main event again for the Trios Championship of Mexico. It’s an actual Nuevo Valores focused main event on the Nuevo Valores show. A title change would be unlikely, but not impossible in this stretch of time where CMLL seems more likely to move the belts around.
The rest of the show is not as exciting. The micros are making a rare Tuesday appearance in the segunda, which should be fun. Hijo del Infierno faces Atlantis, Titan and Diamante Azul in the semi-main. Felino tries to win another lightning match, this time against Flyer. Audaz makes an appearance in the tercera. Tigre should be a good opponent. Astral & Electrcio are back in the opener.
Today’s show starts at the normal time of 7:30 pm and streams on CMLL’s YouTube channel.
CMLL was among other sports group announcing a sponsorship program for children who want to practice sports.
El Grafico has a good column about the pointlessness of many of the CMLL Incredible Pairs teams, hoping they’d just cut down the teams to get rid of those who don’t have a rivalary or a chance of winning.
SoloWrestling has an interview with Dragon Lee & Rush from before the G1 Supercard. Rush says he wants to eventually start a branch of Los Ingobernables in Ring of Honor.
It appears Aerostar has quit AAA. An instagram post last night talk about being out of the promotion, being unhappy about being blocked from shows, and telling promoters he’s open for bookings. It not clear where Aerostar got blocked from working; his most high profile matches coming up are in Progress Wrestling’s Super Strong Style 16. They’ve not made any announcement over Aerostar being pulled. AAA hasn’t addressed this at all. Aerostar is not listed on the upcoming May TV tapings, though it probably wasn’t as if Aerostar’s social media prompted a change (the local promoter had quietly put up the posters a few days ago.)
Aerostar just won Rey de Reyes and appeared on both the MSG press conference and the Impact show this weekend. Aerostar teased leaving the promotion last year and ended up sticking around, so this may not be a done deal. AAA does own the Aerostar trademark (expediente 1988745), so he’d need a new name and probably a slightly different look. It’s still hard to believe he’d actually leave and I could see him walking this back somehow. He teased leaving last year and ended up staying.
The process and freedom to workoutside shows for AAA wrestlers must be vastly confusing at the moment to those who work there. It is confusing to the outside. Daga & Aerostar are both in that Progress tournament, but Edit: so I got distracted here but I’ll try again tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Minnesota’s First Wrestling is still looking for a refund for the show Aerostar was supposed to work.
AEW officially announced the Young Bucks would be defending the AAA Tag Team titles in their match against the Lucha Brothers at Double Or Nothing on 05/25. This seemed obvious once they won the tag team titles on Rey de Reyes and had been known since they mentioned the idea at the C2E2 convention last month.
NJPW’s Line site posted and then deleted a poster with most of the Best of Super Juniors lineup. You can see it here. There are 19 people pictured, including Dragon Lee, Bandido and surprisingly Titan. The 20th person is probably RevPro wrestler El Phantasmo, who NJPW recently teased as coming in as part of Bullet Club. Hiromu Takahashi is not pictured; returning from a year off by going directly in a long demanding tournament would’ve been asking a lot.
LuchaWorld has this week’s Poster-Mania.
CMLL (SAT) 04/13/2019 Arena Coliseo
1) Acero & Aéreo vs Mercurio & Pequeño Violencia
2) La Jarochita, Lluvia, Skadi vs Amapola, La Seductora, Metálica
3) Magia Blanca, Pegasso, Stigma vs Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Universo 2000 Jr.
4) Audaz vs Tiger [lightning]
5) Flyer, Guerrero Maya Jr., Volcano vs La Bestia Del Ring, Luciferno, Shocker
6) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Cuatrero, Euforia, Último Guerrero
A couple of returns scheduled, though everything is subject to change. Magia Blanca suffered his leg injury last May and would be making his return. Shocker has been listed a lot but hasn’t actually appeared in three weeks. Skadi seems like a return but has just been relegated to rare Sunday shows this year.
CMLL (SUN) 04/14/2019 Arena México
1) Arkalis & Robin vs Inquisidor & Metálico
2) Estrellita, Kaho Kobayashi, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, Pauline Lanut, Tiffany
3) Drone, Rey Cometa, Stigma vs Sagrado, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Flyer, Titán, Tritón vs Dark Magic, Kawato San, Vangellys
5) Atlantis, Atlantis Jr., Diamante Azul vs Ephesto, La Bestia Del Ring, Mephisto
6) Terrible © vs Valiente [MEX HEAVY]
4th defense, first not scheduled against Diamante Azul
Pauline Lanut usually spells her name Princesa Laout. She’s got abandoned Twitter and Facebook pages, on which she mentions training with Nitro a couple of years ago at France’s APC. Other French wrestlers have come over for a match or two; maybe she’s doing the Sunday-Monday-Tuesday circuit? She’s also booked for the Saturday Arena Rey Bucanero show, who’ve spelled her name an entirely different way. That show has a better chance of turning up.
AAA TV (FRI) 05/03/2019 Centro de Usos Multiples, Los Mochis, Sinaloa[AAA]
1) Big Mami & Niño Hamburguesa vs Arez & Lady Maravilla
2) Keyra, Mamba, Máximo vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana
3) Drago, Faby Apache, Golden Magic vs ?, Chik Tormenta, Monsther Clown
4) Flamita, Hijo Del Vikingo, Myzteziz vs Chessman, La Máscara, Taurus
5) Psycho Clown vs Rey Escorpión [lumberjack]
6) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Pagano vs Blue Demon Jr. & Texano Jr.
This was the show where the commission said there was a boxing event already booked for this date. I assume everything got worked out at some point, though I can find no updated story about the situation.
Psycho Clown and Rey Escorpion finally have their match, though the lumberjacks will make it a little bit sillier than usual. No Laredo Kid on this swing but Flamita is not a bad replacement for the trios champs. Faby Apache may be meant to be a tecnica now but Keyra probably is not. Arez gets to play the role of Villano III Jr. for the weekend.
AAA TV (SUN) 05/05/2019 CUM Hermosillo, Hermosillo, Sonora
1) Arez vs Keyra vs Aramis
2) Big Mami & Niño Hamburguesa vs ? & ??
3) Mamba & Máximo vs Chik Tormenta & Lady Maravilla
4) Faby Apache, Flamita, Hijo Del Vikingo vs Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana
5) Brian Cage, Drago, Golden Magic vs La Máscara, Monsther Clown, Taurus
6) Dr. Wagner Jr., Pagano, Psycho Clown vs Chessman, Rey Escorpión, Texano Jr.
Faby Apache versus Poder del Norte: why not! Keyra has some weird bookings this weekend but the opener should be fun.
Brian Cage is back, to wrestle La Mascara, I guess. Like to point out here that this past week’s Keepin It 100 had Konnan talking about a need to rehab Killer Kross in AAA – sort of an acknowledgment that he’s had about a dozen storylines that never paid off – and yet Kross isn’t on any of the TV tapings.