All matches are from Arena México on 01/06/2019.
Blue Panther Jr., Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. beat Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, Shocker
(17:14 [3:04, 3:16, 10:54], 1/3, n/r, 00:05:28)
Titán beat Flyer, Tritón, Esfinge, Rey Cometa, Drone, Black Panther, Audaz, Templario, Virus, Sagrado, Pólvora, Kawato San, Vangellys, Tiger, Universo 2000 Jr. in a CMLL’s Reyes del Aire
(29:21, good, 00:28:04)
- Black Panther dropkick to the head Universo 2000 (07:57)
- Virus nudo Drone (10:34)
- Triton climb up legdrop (11:54)
- Tiger casita Black Panther (13:02)
- Flyer wristlock Virus (16:19)
- Super Pólvora Driver on Esfinge (17:28)
- Rey Cometa rope flip spanish Fly Tiger (18:12)
- Audaz straight jacket cavernara Pólvora (19:15)
- Vangellys northern lights suplex Rey Cometa (20:51)
- Kawato Dragon suplex Audaz (21:12)
- Titan reverse rolling cradle with bridge Vangellys 541(21:58)
- Triton & Kawato double pin tapatia (22:49)
- Templario super powerbomb (24:04)
- Titan backside cradle (29:02)
Carístico, Dragón Lee, Volador Jr. beat Cuatrero, Sansón, Último Guerrero
(6:29 [2:30, 3:59], 1/2 DQ, ok,01:07:11)
Titan won the Reyes del Aire for the first time.
Hechicero & Stuka set up a title match for next week that we may or may not ever see.
The main event was a short quick match to show a little bit of everyone and set up an Último Guerrero versus Carstico match. That match never happened because they were out to Japan by the following Sunday and no one will remember this (as opposed all the other times they feuded), so there’s no real great storyline reason to do a DQ finish. Got them out of there in eight minutes, which might have been all the reason they needed.
The Reyes del Aire didn’t ever really feel like a Reyes del Aire, and more just like a general cibernetico. You had the usual high flyers doing their usual high spots for the most part. Triton & Cometa brought out the trickiest version of their dives, but there wasn’t anything new or different to be found here. It was more just general action from any sort of match, with a couple of more flyers thrown in. Flyer eliminating Virus with a wristlock of all things is not the right choice for this match, though it was still better than a destroyer. I’m not sure the atmosphere helped, it felt like the announcers were more sharing stories than invested in the match, but it wasn’t really any great match they were talking over. Templario and Titan did fine at the end but neither man used their bigger moves and Titan couldn’t get over on his finishing bridge. This is still good action but nothing you need to go out of your way to see.
The opener was not interesting enough to write about.