CMLL (TUE) 12/25/2018 Arena México [CMLL, Ovaciones, thecubsfan]
1) Acero & Aéreo b Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Universo 2000
10:39. Tecnicos took 2/3
2) Átomo, Gallito, Microman b Chamuel, Guapito, Mije
14:56. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Hijo del Signo DQ Akuma [lightning]
5:24. Camorra ran in to attack Signo, Yago ran in to attack him, and Camorra unmasked Yago. Promos to talk about next week’s apuesta match.
4) Templario, Tiger, Virus b Flyer, Guerrero Maya Jr., Pegasso
14:14. Rudos took 1/3.
5) Hijo del Villano III, Mephisto, Villano IV b Atlantis, Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr.
11:08. Rudos took 1/3.
6) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Carístico, Dragón Lee, Valiente
10:22. Rudos won in straight falls, UG sneaking in a foul on Caristico. Caristico challenged him to a title match next week.
CMLL promos including Ultimo Guerrero pointing out he was supposed to have this singles match with Caristico weeks ago, Caristico wanting a mask versus hair match if he wins, Dragon Lee happy to be back, the Villanos and Atlantis Jr. talking about that feud, and Akuma & Camorra and Signo & Yago discussing next week’s very unanticipated match.
+LuchaTV promos: tecnico Micros, Signo & Yago, Camorra, Black Panther, los Villanos, and Dragon Lee, who was joined by some of his teammates from the Exatlon show. Exatlon continues to this day, there are still 12 people left, and perhaps it will never actually end.
This was more an Tuesday show with some names who aren’t working many of them than a special show. The Villanos/Atlantis bit was effective (and maybe should’ve been saved for a Friday.) In a nice touch, they had Hijo del Villano III debuting wearing gear which matched his father’s from the mask match with Atlantis.
CMLL (TUE) 12/25/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [CMLL]
1) Barón Blanco Jr., Luminoso, Mr. Samurai b Carlo Roggi, Gemelo Pantera I, Gemelo Pantera II
2) Guerrero de la Muerte, Metálico, Mr. Apolo b Halcón Suriano Jr., Príncipe Diamante, Star Black
Mr. Apolo replaced Espiritu Negro. Rudos took 1/3.
3) La Comandante, La Jarochita, Sanely b La Seductora, La Vaquerita, Skadi [Relevos Increíbles]
Team Sanely took 1/3, though Comandante refused to get her arm raised with her teammates.
4) Difunto © b Stigma [OCCIDENTE MIDDLE]
Difunto took falls 2/3 to retain. Stigma paid respect to the champion after the match. 2nd defense.
5) Felino, La Bestia Del Ring, Pólvora b Esfinge, Rey Cometa, Tritón
rudos took 1/3.
6) Diamante Azul, Hijo de LA Park, Stuka Jr. b Cavernario, Shocker, Terrible
tecnicos took 2/3, setting up a Terrible/Azul match.
No apparent angle out of the women’s relevos increible (so maybe it was odd because those just happened to be the people available.) This will be the fourth straight Terrible/Diamante Azul match for the national heavyweight championship.
CMLL (TUE) 12/25/2018 Arena Puebla [CMLL]
1) Hijo de Centella Roja, Meyer, Robin b Black Tiger, Espíritu Maligno, Inquisidor
tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Drone, King Jaguar, Star Jr. b Cancerbero, Perverso, Raziel
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Avispa Dorada, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit b Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
tecnicas took 2/3.
4) Hechicero, Rey Bucanero, Vangellys b Audaz, Kráneo, Volcano
rudos took 1/3.
5) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón DQ Místico, Soberano Jr., Volador Jr.
NGD took 1/3, Tirantes DQing Volador in a “Polemica” decision. Seemed to set up some match for next week but wasn’t clear.
CMLL didn’t post results from the holiday Puebla show last year, so it was a little surprising to see them show up last night. They weren’t very clear about the main event finish or what it set up for next week. None of the usual newspaper sources covered the show. TV Azteca Puebla covered the show and usually airs it at 10pm on Wedneday, but I’m not sure if it’ll stream on their Facebook site like some of their other live programming.
AAA TV , ELITE (TUE) 12/25/2018 Gimnasio Benito Juárez, Cuautitlán, Estado de México [AAA, thecubsfan]
1) La Parkita, Mini Gronda, Mini Psycho Clown vs La Parkita Negra, Mini Monster Clown, Mini Murder Clown
10:08. Mini Psycho Clown pinned Mini Monsther Clown with a Canadian Destroyer. Debut of Mini Gronda and debuts/returns? of Mini Murder Clown & Mini Monsther Clown.
2) Chica Tormenta, Demus, Toxin b Chicano, Vanilla, Villano III Jr.
14:55. Demus Driver on Chicano.
3) Keyra & Lady Maravilla DQ Faby Apache & Lady Shani
9:29. Lady Maravilla tossed her mask to Shani to draw a DQ. Maravilla declared that after such a clean win, she deserved a title match. Shani indicated she’d accept any challenge.
4) Halcón 78 Jr., Hijo Del Vikingo, Myzteziz Jr. b Emperador Azteca, Samoano, Tonga
9:32. Vikingo reverse 450 splash Emperador Azteca.
5) Averno, Chessman, Súper Fly b Australian Suicide, Golden Magic, Jack Evans
10:14. OGT powerbombed Golden Magic twice for the win.
6) La Parka, Pagano, Psycho Clown b Electroshock, Rey Escorpión, Taurus
17:08. Psycho Clown pinned Taurus with a casita to give the win to AAA (3-2). Rey Escorpion pulled off Psycho’s mask post match.
The better of the two streaming shows even with nothing must see and really of being no consequence. Everything is pretty watchable as long as you’re not on hour five straight of watching lucha libre.
The announcers closed the show by talking about it being the final AAA/Elite show. I think they meant in 2019. Still, AAA did finally win of these so it would be time to move on. The crowd was good for this show, both in numbers and reactions, but the distinction between AAA & Elite wrestlers is very thin at this point. The concept worked well for this show – giving a show that had no real purpose otherwise a narrative to exist – so I don’t expect it’ll ever go away, but I think interest in AAA itself is going to be the draw and not the “promotion rivalry”.
Next AAA tapings (believed to be airing on Twitch, though it has not yet been officially announced):
- 01/19 in Mexico City
- 01/26 in Ciudad Madero
- 02/08 in Mazatlan
- 02/10 in Tepic – announced locally late last week.
No Lucha Capital, at least for the time being. AAA will be streaming TripleMania XXV (Psycho Clown vs Dr. Wagner) at that 8:30 pm Lucha Capital time tonight.
There were so many other shows on Christmas Day. A common theme is a lot of those people double/triple booked ended up just not working all of those shows. (This is similar to that overcrowded August date.) Hades/Hahastary made the 2pm CAR The Crash show and the AAA TV taping, but guys like Mr. Electro and Golden Magic were listed in multiple places at the same time and it was never going to happen. The CMLL people more often did so, but even that was far from perfect. I don’t know that i have full results from anything because they’re so scattered, but some things of note
- Rush did wrestle in Arena Neza, teaming with Dragon Lee to beat Cibernetico & Penta by foul.
- Rush has not wrestled in Arena Mexico since December 7th and he’s not on the most recent set of lineups. Rush didn’t wrestle anywhere in CMLL on Christmas (the only other notable names to not be booked were Titan & Fuego) and he isn’t on the cards announced the last few days. There are rumors he and CMLL may be having issues, but he’s also clearly been on vacation for part of that time. This is something worth keeping an eye on but I don’t know if there’s anything to it at this point.
- The LLB/Lucha Memes show had the Imposible/Stuka title match changed to Imposible/Flyer. That’a downgrade. Imposible kept the title. They teased a Multifacetico/Multifacetico mask match (shrug) and did some stuff with the MexaWrestling feud. Luchadors representing that promotion offered Los Kamikazes del Ring to join them after they won a multi-team trios match, though it didn’t seem like Aramis and crew were going to take them up on it. That reads like the best match on paper but reviews were scarce. Turnout seemed to better at least
- The FILLM/Arena San Juan main event sounds as if it didn’t go well, with Corsario Negro Jr. picking up a knee injury. A Euforia/Fresero Jr. singles match led to a Mr. Iguana run-in and a challenge for a tag match with Soberano.
- The Arena Lopez Mateos show seemed to get the most messed with by people not being there. The Caristico/Dragon Lee vs Cibernetico/Penta main came off (Penta fouled Caristico). The semimain had an entire trios team not be there. The Golden Magic, Flamtia, Emperador Azteca vs Sadico, Dragon Bane, Imposible match ended up as Flamtia & Sadico versus Cerebro Negro & Super Comando somehow.
- Drabek II took Dragon de Oriente II’s mask in Arena Queretaro. Dragon de Oriente is David Alvarez Torres, 51 years old, 37 years a wrestler.
Fenix has been announced for the 03/08-10 WXW 24 Karat tournament (March 8-10). Penta and Rey Horus had previously been announced.
SuperLuchas has a Raul Mata obit.
A Fray Tormenta article. His stories are getting a little tall.
An interview with Oaxaca’s Diosa Quimera.
A lucha libre restaurant in Durango.
LuchaWorld has this week’s Poster-Mania.
CMLL (SAT) 12/29/2018 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Sonic vs Apocalipsis & Cholo
2) Angelito, Kaligua, Último Dragóncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Violencia
3) Black Panther, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Disturbio, Pólvora, Universo 2000 Jr.
4) Princesa Sugehit © vs Metálica [MEX WOMEN]
6th defense. Metalica’s first title shot.
5) Flyer, Guerrero Maya Jr., Volcano vs La Bestia Del Ring, Máscara Año 2000, Shocker
6) Diamante Azul, Dragón Lee, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
The best rudo in the semi-main is Mascara 2000, maybe? If Hijo del Villano III turns out to be good (he was just fine on Tuesday), he’ll be moved up quick. It is too bad they didn’t move up Sagrado when he still cared.
CMLL (SUN) 12/30/2018 Arena México
1) Leono & Robin vs Inquisidor & Príncipe Odín Jr.
2) La Jarochita, La Vaquerita, Maligna vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Metálica
3) Black Panther, Drone, Magnus vs Sagrado, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Titán vs Felino [lightning]
5) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón vs Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Valiente
6) Dragón Lee, Místico, Volador Jr. vs Gran Guerrero, Templario, Último Guerrero
That seems like a fun main event which we’ll never see. Maligna makes her return from Japan.
CMLL (SUN) 12/30/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Amperaje, Cosmos, Micro vs Frenético, Paymon, Relámpago Azul
2) El Divino, El Yaqui, Tigre Blanco vs Demonio Maya, Exterminador, Thunder Boy
3) Mágico, Principe Daniel, Sky Kid vs Mr. Apolo, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Joker, Metatrón, Star Black, Vaquero Jr. vs Difunto, Furia Roja, León Blanco, Maléfico
5) Gran Kenut vs Smaker [mask]
That’s not the tag title feud. I guess Smaker is the favorite to lose because he just came back for this feud but it seems strange he be losing to a 35 year old instead of someone younger. This feud is too quick for anyone really to care but it is an actual intriguing match in terms of outcome