CMLL (FRI) 11/23/2018 Arena México [CMLL, ESTO, Lucha Central, Marca (Cavernario), Marca (Mascara), Ovaciones, R de Rudo, thecubsfan]
1) Akuma & Espanto Jr. b Oro Jr. & Súper Astro Jr.
11:39 Rudos took 1/3.
2) Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr., Fuego b Kawato San, Okumura, Universo 2000 Jr.
12:38. Tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Soberano Jr., Titán, Tritón b Dark Magic, Luciferno, Vangellys
9:37. Tecnicos won in straight falls clean.
4) Carístico, Místico, Volador Jr. b Ephesto, Mephisto, Penta 0M
11:11. Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Cavernario b King Phoenix [Leyenda de Plata]
20:26. Cavernario won the second fall when he moved out of the way of a Phoenix dive, then top rope splashed him. Phoenix was unable to beat the count. Cavernario submitted Phoenix to the cavernaria in the third. Phoenix was stretchered out, having suffered a groin injury. Cavernario was given the Leyenda de Plata plaque
6) Cuatrero, Forastero, Máscara Año 2000, Sansón b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Templario, Último Guerrero
11:10. Dinamtia took falls 1/3. UG tried to use the ropes to beat Mascara 2000 but was caught. Mascara did the same and got away with it. Mascara challenged UG to a hair match and UG accepted. Cien Caras appeared and joined commentary for the match.
The Mascara/Ultimo Guerrero challenges seemed like a thing done for fun and not to be taken too seriously.
CMLL has post-match promos from Barbaro Cavernario, Guerreros Laguneros, and Los Dinamtia. The big news from interviews is Templario is officially a Guerrero Lagunero now. I suspect it’ll be like the early days of Niebla Roja in the group, where he is associated with the group but still not teaming with them much.
The big missing thing is a promo from King Phoenix. Getting stretchered out and not showing up on social media tends to be a big sign, and he confirmed it this morning: he’s done for the year with a groin pull. Last night, people thought it was the second Cavernario splash, from the stage, where he got hurt. He seemed to be limping noticeably even setting up to the spot, and I think the dive to nowhere might have at least contributed. Either way, Fenix says in his statement (in the Spanish part, not the English) not to blame Cavernario for the injury and congratulates him for the win. Fans are/were accusing Cavernario of being unprofessional, but the missed dive appeared to be a planned spot.
The Fenix injury changes a lot of US plans – today, he was supposed to face Matt Sydal in AAW and I’ve got no idea what they’ll do on short notice there – and has obvious issues for AAA. Fenix was scheduled to defend the AAA Megachampionship against Brian Cage next Sunday. Cage getting a surprise win seemed very possible. If AAA was set on changing the title, then just stripping the title from Fenix and bringing in someone else to face Cage also seems very possible. Merging the Latin American and Heavyweight Championship also seems possible, but these are all possibilities. The thing most likely to happen is AAA not to explain the situation or update their lineup between now and next Sunday.
Fenix being injured also takes him out of the Lucha Capital tournament, where he had at least two more matches scheduled. After last week, the tournament already makes no sense, but it takes maybe the best guy in the tournament away from having matches. I guess it opens up a spot for Scarlett?
It is theoretically possible AAA will address some of this today because they have a special bonus live Twitch stream at Mexico City. The show is said to start at 7pm CT. We know none of the matches, only that there will be some interaction between Chessman and a sponsored character. I would keep your expectations in check for the show. I won’t be around for this one.
CMLL’s Friday lineup appears to now be coming out late Saturday evening. Last night’s show announced that it would be a legend’s show. Canek, Rayo de Jalisco, Villano IV, Trio Fantasia, Negro Navarro, Los Diabolicos, Solar and Fuerza Guerrera are said to be on the show. So is Jerry Estrada, who has not wrestled in Arena Mexico since 1992 (he jumped to AAA a couple months after it started.) The main event last night was good because they had young wrestlers mixed in and carrying most of the load. That does not seem what will happen next week and it will probably have some very trying matches as a result. It will be a show for people who do not care about how good the matches are. The lineup is below now.
IWRG (SUN) 11/25/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) Ángel Estrada Jr. & Chef Benito vs Carnicero & Death Metal
2) Black Shadow II & Mexica vs Picudo Jr. & Sairus
3) Black Dragón, Dinamic Black, Pasion Kristal vs Demetrio, Hip Hop Man, La Mosca
4) Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro vs Lunatic Xtreme & Murciélago Plateado
5) Aramis & Freelance vs Alas de Acero & Dragón Bane
6) Hijo del Alebrije, Imposible, Toscano vs Karaoui, Sinn Bodhi, Zumbi
7) Rokambole Jr. & Villano V Jr. © vs Capo del Norte & Capo del Sur [IWRG IC TAG]
The fifth match looks like another good match in that run of matches.
CMLL (FRI) 11/30/2018 Arena México
1) Súper Muñeco, Súper Pinocho, Súper Ratón vs Gallego, Mr. Cóndor, Rocky Santana
2) Gallito, Guapito, Microman vs Chamuel, Mije, Perico Zakarías
3) Cavernario, Rush, Terrible vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
4) Felino, Mano Negra, Solar I vs Fuerza Guerrera, Jerry Estrada, Negro Navarro
5) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero © vs Carístico, Místico, Volador Jr. [CMLL TRIOS]
6) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Canek, Máscara Año 2000, Villano IV
This is a little better than I figured. Semi-main has nothing setting it up but should be great. The Sky Team/Guerreros matches were all very good and Caristico should be able to replace Valiente fine. Ingobernables versus NGD could be interesting. Micros should be fun. So there’s some positive stuff
The main event will not be good at all. They built last night’s main event on limiting what Mascara 2000 had to do. There’s good chance he’ll have to carry much of the match for his side next week; he might be the second best wrestler in that match at this moment. The fourth match is positive for Octagon being excluded for Felino. I respect CMLL for refusing to recognize the Super Muneco/Super Pinocho feud.