PALL (THU) 11/22/2018 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), MedioTiempo]
1) Pentagoncito, Pequeño Warrior, Pierrothito b Mini Águila Solitaria, Pequeño Anibal, Pinochito
2) Divo Jr., Iron Kid, Tony Rivera b Danny Casas, Hausser, Súper Comando
3) Penta 0M, Puma King, Rey Fénix (LU) DDQ Eterno, Trauma I, Trauma II
Eterno wrestled in Cuervo’s gear. Trauma I & Penta did a double mask pull for the draw.
4) Blue Monsther, Demon Rocker, Tackle b Blue Monsther Jr., Divino Boy, Steel Dragón
5) Lady Pink, Rossy Moreno, Zeuxis b Baronessa, Keyra, Princesa Azul
6) Alas de Acero, Aramis, Freelance b Arez, Belial, Toxin
7) Carta Brava Jr. (IWL), Fantasma de la Ópera, Fuerza Guerrera, Shadow b Babe Fox, Cerebro Negro, El Divo, Olímpico
8) Demonio Infernal, Imposible, Machine Rocker b Aliado de Dios, Relámpago, Rokambole Jr.
9) Capo del Norte, Capo del Sur, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Sinn Bodhi b Cíclope, Hijo De Dos Caras, Miedo Extremo, Villano V Jr.
10) Hijo de LA Park, LA Park, Sharly Rockstar, The Chris b Demus, Hechicero, Mr. Electro, Mr. Niebla
Last night’s Cuervo benefit show seemed like a big success. The building was as packed as I’ve ever seen it. Additional funds were raised through t-shirt sales and thru the Superchat on YouTube. I didn’t catch a final count for how much money was raised but it seemed like a strong turnout. There were more people who were there beyond who worked (Murder & Dave the Clown did an interview during teh show) and I may be missing matches before the stream started. Terry has photos of a Zumbido trios we didn’t see.
It was announced at the show that Cuervo will be out of the hospital in a week and it was said he’ll be able to return to the ring a year. I’m skeptical of that being accurate – it’s tough to believe we have any certainty of how/if he’ll recover from that serious of a head injury.
The Mexico State lucha libre commissioner says they’ll keep Angel o Demonio suspended as long as Cuervo is unable to wrestle. That interview seems to be before the one-year absence was announced, the official quoted suggests keeping Angel o Demonio out six months. I suspect this is going to last more like two months, and then he’ll slowly start getting put on cards again. But we’ll see.
Furia de Titanes announced Periko will replace Angel o Demonio on their 12/08 show. People had been questioning Furia de Titanes about using Angel o Demonio on the card for the last couple of days and they’d been unwilling to change the card. My hunch is those who contacted the venue might have caused them to make that change.
Angel o Demonio went on Facebook to do an interview about the reaction to his attack. Alfredo has a translation/recap on Twitter. Angel o Demonio is apologetic to Cuervo and remorseful about what happened for the first 15 minutes, then starts going after everyone who said bad things about him by telling bad things about them. (There are a lot of lessons from his interview, and one is “turn of Facebook comments on your video when you’re doing an apology speech”.)
Tonight’s CMLL show has the final (maybe) of the Leyenda de Plata tournament. Cavernario faces King Phoenix in a rematch of their June match, the high point of the Lucha Brothers CMLL run so far. Cavernario figures to get his win back tonight. The match looks so good that the outcome probably doesn’t matter either way.
This is the Mascara Año 2000 tribute show. He’ll team with his nephews against Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia and Templario in the semi0main. CMLL held a press conference with Mascara 2000 and other members of his family to promote the show. In attendance were Cien Caras, Sanson, Cuatrero, Forastero, Universo 2000 Jr. and Hijo de Mascara 2000. Mascara 2000 called being honored and his family being part of it the best moment of his career. He says he’s motivated by teaming with his nephews to have a good match tonight.
Ephesto, Mephisto and Penta make an odd team against Caristico, Mistico, and Volador. That’s a match with a few dormant feuds and no expectation they’ll wake up. Esfinge is in Japan, working a Mr. Cacao show, so Titan & Triton team with Soberano instead. They take on Vangelys, Luciferno and Dark Magic. The Panther kids team with Fuego against Okumura, Kawato and Universo 2000 Junior. Oro & Super Astro are scheduled to face Akuma & Espanto in the opener. Espanto & Akuma are on opposite sides of the preliminary rudo feud, though I’d be surprised if that was brought up here. Oro was reported as being injured last Friday; it must have not been as serious as feared if he actually wrestles tonight.
The show will air on Marca and Facebook (Mexico only) at 8:30 pm. I’ll stream it on YouTube.
This article on Diamante Azul positions him as taking a gamble to leave his other job (in ecotourism – arranging horse rides for travelers) for lucha libre. They then quote the article as Azul saying his business had to close after the 2009 flu pandemic because travelers stopped coming. That’s a sad story, but it was less of a gamble when you don’t have a great career option.
Atlantis Jr. talks about going to the college in the morning, trains lucha libre in the afternoon.
AAA will have a bonus Twitch stream tomorrow at 7 pm from Mexico City. This is part of their Emperador sponsorship, with people playing the mobile game getting a free ticket to the show. No matches have been announced except OGT facing three of the Emperador Guardians (based off the commercials they’ve been using to hype this tie-in.)
AAA’s show on YouTube this week turns out to be the Toluca show from 09/21. That was a 6 match show but – like the Merida & Cancun shows – it appears they’re only airing one week. This is a decent idea at catching up, though that means more matches will be Twitch exclusive. They’ll have to cut at least two matches from Toluca. I’d guess the minis match and the LA Park match are not going to be included.
The Crash and China’s OWE hyped doing a talent exchange around CIMA & Tomahawk’s appearance in Tijuana around September. It is happening now: Torito Negro, Latigo, and Tiago are in China and listed on their 11/25 show.
The first poster I’ve seen for 2019 is Fuerza Guerrera Jr.’s new Asociacion Mexicana de Lucha Libre promotion running a show on 01/05. I think a 45-year-old wrestler who’s wrestled one match starting his own promotion and putting himself in the main event is a likely terrible idea and I’m curious how it would be permitted by the Mexico City lucha commission.
Wrestlers proposed new regulations in Pachuca to create a local lucha libre commission. Another story says Pachuca would be the 11th city to have its own commission and there are 400 wrestlers active in the area.
CMLL (TUE) 11/27/2018 Arena México
1) Kaligua & Shockercito vs Mercurio & Pequeño Nitro
2) Pegasso, Robin, Star Jr. vs Cancerbero, Metálico, Nitro
3) Lluvia, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, Reyna Isis, Tiffany
4) Blue Panther vs Dragón Rojo Jr. [lightning]
5) Soberano Jr., Stuka Jr., Valiente vs Hechicero, Templario, Vangellys
6) Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Niebla Roja vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero
Unless Blue Panther demanded to face Dragon Rojo, I’m not sure why there are meaningless Blue Panther singles matches happening.
I thought Stukita versus Kaligua was the end of Stukita in the minis division but it seems like it was more the introduction of Kaligua as a full-time mini. He’s gotten Stukita’s bookings.
CMLL (TUE) 11/27/2018 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Magnum, Principe Daniel, Vaquero Jr. vs Gran Kenut, León Blanco, Maléfico
2) Astral, Explosivo, Oro Jr. vs Disturbio, Espanto Jr., Guerrero de la Muerte
3) Drone, Fuego, Stigma vs Difunto, Kawato San, Okumura
4) Blue Panther, Kráneo, Volcano vs La Bestia Del Ring, Máscara Año 2000, Terrible
5) Carístico, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
Nothing major here.