AAA TV (SAT) 11/10/2018 Coliseo La Concordia, Orizaba, Veracruz [AAA, Lucha Central]
1) Mini Psycho Clown, Samoano, Samoano 2 b Halcón 78 Jr., Solaris, Tromba (Estado de México)
5:10. Dark match, shown behind announcers during intro. Hades was introduced as if participating in the match but appeared to seconding the “Samoan Brothers” instead. Samoano splashed Solaris to the win.
2) Arcángel Divino, Dinastía, Dragón Bane b Lanzelot, Parka Negra, Toxin
10:52. Parka Negra top rope splash on Dinastia for the win. Parka Negra replaced Aramis. Lanzelot wrestled as a rudo, attacking and unmasking his brother Dinastia after the match.
3) Aerostar, Niño Hamburguesa, Súper Fly b Black Danger, Taurus, Último Maldito
8:48. Aerostar beat Ultimo Maldito with a Canadian Destroyer. Maldito & Danger were back from being Espectro & Kahoz (it was acknowledged they’d been those characters.) Monster Clown attacked Aerostar after the match. Super Fly surprisingly made the save. Monster fouled him, and Averno made his own save. Monster Clown seemed to signal for a trios match. Later, a vignette aired showing Nino Hamburguesa had a secret admirer.
4) Cíclope & Miedo Extremo b Joe Lider & Pagano
12:16. Debut of Los Macizos. Ciclope beat Lider via Flaming Wizard.
5) Mamba, Máximo, Pimpinela Escarlata b La Máscara, Rey Escorpión, Texano Jr.
11:39. Maximo kiss cradled La Mascara and challenged him to a hair match. The rudos beat up the exoticos after.
6) Angelikal, Hijo Del Vikingo, Laredo Kid b Carta Brava, Mocho Cota Jr., Tito Santana
10:48. Laredo Fly on Carta Brava. Laredo challenged Poder del Norte to a title match.
7) Dr. Wagner Jr., Drago, Psycho Clown b Hijo del Fantasma, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Kross
14:04. Earlier, Fantasma challenged a (not present) Fenix to a title versus title match. Drago challenged Fantasma to a title match. Fantasma wasn’t interested, and a fight included Psycho Clown and the rest of Los Mercenarios. The match included Jeff Jarrett leading Wagner into an attack by Blue Demon Jr. Drago beat Fantasma and challenged again, only for the rudos to beat up the tecnicos after.
This show was alright. I thought the sixth match was the only real standout match. The second match had a lot of sloppiness early but would look good as a highlight package. It was weird to see Fantasma both challenging Fenix for the (in theory) most important title in the promotion but also come off as the fifth or sixth most important person in the main event. They ran a lot of angles to set up matches for the future, but none of them have a date. I’m sure AAA plans on doing them, but it’s hard to believe anything’s happen that doesn’t have a timeline attached. The production was bad, with AAA missing shots frequently; it was amazing the double moonsault made it through fine while the rest of the semi-main had some pretty poor choices. Whoever’s in charge of the entrance video apparently doesn’t know when cards changes are being made, because Aramis video was played (just like Demus a few weeks ago), and Parka Negra got no video.
Crowd was good though. AAA claimed a sellout and it looked that way from the photos. There were into the characters too. The building seats 8,000, minus whatever they cut off for the entrance set.
For what it’s worth, the AAA recap mentions the two title match challenges but not the Mascara/Maximo hair match one. It also missed Blue Demon Jr. attacking Dr. Wagner, so maybe it means nothing.
The story they told on commentary was Espectro & Kahoz were always meant to be a one show tribute to Antonio Pena. Espectro & Kahoz were listed on the poster for this show. It sure came off more like someone decided it didn’t work.
The first row for the 12/08 AAA TV taping in Xalapa was originally 800 pesos. After the lineup came out, with LA Park, the Lucha Brothers, and Jeff Jarrett among those missing from what had been promoted, the first row is now 650 pesos. Other rows have been cut, though the GA floor seating and the bleachers have not changed. I haven’t seen that happen before. It suggests the local promoter was not aware those names weren’t coming when they originally priced the show.
CMLL (SAT) 11/10/2018 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Retro & Sangre Imperial b Cholo & Inquisidor
tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Dalys, La Seductora, Tiffany b La Guerrera, La Vaquerita, Lluvia
rudas took 2/3.
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr., Fuego DQ Cancerbero, Misterioso Jr., Sagrado
Tecnicos took 2/3, the second by rudo DQ for excessive violence
4) Rey Cometa b Drone [lightning]
money thrown in
5) Drone, Kráneo, Soberano Jr. b Dark Magic, Ephesto, Luciferno
Rudos took 1/3, Drone worked back to back, replacing Flyer and taking two straight losses.
6) Ángel de Oro, Atlantis, Carístico b Mephisto, Shocker, Último Guerrero
Shocker replaced Negro Casas. Tecnicos took 2/3, Atlantida on UG.
Obligatory lightning match winner promo. Drone working twice says not only did Flyer no-show pretty late, but CMLL didn’t have anyone (Nitro?) waiting to be a replacement.
CMLL (SUN) 11/11/2018 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Fantasy & Último Dragóncito b Pequeño Nitro & Pierrothito
tecnicos took 2/3
2) Eléctrico, Robin, Súper Astro Jr. b Espanto Jr., Espíritu Negro, Hijo del Signo
tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Camorra DQ Yago [lightning]
Hijo del Signo (Camorra) and Espanto Jr. (Yago) worked as seconds and got involved. Camorra took 2/3, the last when Signo hit Yago.
4) Blue Panther, El Audaz, Stuka Jr. b Kawato San, Okumura, Templario
tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Felino, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero DQ Atlantis, Místico, Niebla Roja
Niebla Roja & Rey Bucanero fought before the match even started. Bucanero won in straight falls, the second faking a foul. Niebla Roja challenged Rey Bucanero to a hair match, and Bucanero accepted.
6) Carístico, Diamante Azul, Valiente b Cavernario, Rush, Terrible
Tecnicos took 2/3. Valiente & Diamante Azul beat Rush & Terrible to set up a tag title shot.
Promos: Camorra & Espanto Jr., Yago & Hijo del Signo, Niebla Roja, Rey Bucanero, Terrible & Rush and Diamante Azul & Valiente. Niebla Roja specifically asks for the hair match to be next Sunday (maybe taking advantage of the holiday?)
There’s a lot happening on Sunday shows suddenly. Not much of it is good but I do think it’s happening. That’s a difference between AAA & CMLL – one is a pretty safe bet to do something but most of it will be boring, the other might do stuff and might not, who knows. The interference in the singles match suggests they’re not setting up a singles apuesta match. Maybe it’ll be a tag match, maybe it’ll be a cage.
El Grafico has the usual interview with the former El Mesias about his career and coming to CMLL. What’s unusual is they don’t call him “Gilbert el Boricua”, but instead Gilbert Ramirez. Maybe another name change?
Lady Apache, speaking about the need for a union, alleges CMLL refused to give her a job for five years because she sued ex-husband Brazo de Oro for alimony.
LuchaWorld has the latest Lucha Report.
CMLL (FRI) 11/16/2018 Arena México
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Espanto Jr. & Grako
2) Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany vs La Guerrera, Lluvia, Marcela
3) Volador Jr. vs King Phoenix, Titán, Flyer, Místico, Soberano Jr., Tritón, El Audaz, Cavernario, Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Virus, Mephisto, Templario, Kawato San, Tiger [Leyenda de Plata]
4) Carístico, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Gran Guerrero, Penta 0M, Último Guerrero
The Leyenda de Plata had the same rules as the Rey del Inframundo tournament: there’s a cibernetico, and this year’s winner faces the reigning champion. They did do that last year. La Mascara was the reigning champion and he was no longer in CMLL. Volador is now the reigning champion, so he really shouldn’t be in this match, he should facing the winner of it next week. Instead, the final two of this match will advance (which will probably include Volador.) Phoenix should advance if he’s booked for the 23rd.
The cibernetico probably should get a lot of time, because it’s the only sure good match on the crowd. Main event may remember the Caristico/Penta feud.
DTU , AKE (THU) 11/29/2018 Arena Aficion
1) ? vs ??
2) Jitsu vs Aero Panther, Anarquía, Vengador Radioactivo, Mandala, Fight Panther
3) Demente Extreme & Paranoiko vs Black Fire & Pesadilla and Drolux & Hard Boy
4) Lady Maravilla & Moria vs Diosa Quetzal & Draztick Boy
5) Dark Cuervo & Dark Scoria vs Kaleth & Tiburón
6) ?, Felino, Tiger Casas vs Aeroboy, Camuflaje, Jimmy
7) Cíclope, Crazy King, Miedo Extremo vs Crazy Frank, Hermes, Luigui
Another Arena Aficion show before the DTU anniversary show. Jimmy gets to face Felino in trios match before their big singles match. Crazy King broke up with Ciclope & Miedo Extremo pretty violently, but I guess they’re going to be a trio again here and on that Anniversary show.