CMLL (MON) 11/05/2018 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Lucha Central]
1) Astral, Lestat, Pantera Blanca b Gemelo Pantera I, Gemelo Pantera II, Policeman
Team Astral took 1/3.
2) Lluvia, Marcela, Skadi b Dalys, La Comandante, Tiffany
Tecnicas took 1/3.
3) Drone, Kráneo, Stigma b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Tyson La Bestia
Tecnicos took 2/3. Tyson La Bestia’s debut in Puebla. (He was bad.)
4) Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón DQ Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
NGD took 2/3. Ultimo Guerrero unmasked Sanson via DQ.
5) Rush DQ Carístico
Rush faked a foul to get the win.
A shorter show, running about 100 minutes. Semi-main seemed to be build up to a singles match. Tyson la Bestia didn’t look good. Marcela should really be limited to a +1, not the bring the whole family.
Tonight is the last Dia de Muertos show. It’s also the only one which appears to be streaming for free this year. It’d be worth watching even without the costuming, with Cuatrero defending the CMLL middleweight championship against Titan. We haven’t seen Cuatrero in a big singles match outside of the Angel de Oro feud. He’s got the best tecnico CMLL continually uses as a title challenger as an opponent. (That’s probably a strong reason for Titan not to win in CMLL’s eyes; if he wins here, he can’t challenge for a different title in a couple months.) This could be at the same level as the Sanson/Templario match from Friday, which was a pretty high level.
Not a lot to say for the rest of the card. They’ve loaded it with names more than usual for a Tuesday show, but the matchups aren’t strong. The main event is an all-star match with Mistico, Diamante Azul and Stuka against Ultimo Guerrero, Mephisto, and Negro Casas. That should be fine. Soberano returns to Mexico to team with the Chavez Brothers against Dark Magic, Rey Bucanero and Shocker, which doesn’t seem like a great mix. Fuego, Maya & Cometa take on Kawato, Okumura, and Tiger in the best-looking undercard match. It’s really a shame that’s not a “drag loser to hell” match because both Fuego & Kawato seem halfway there already. There’s a women’s match and Metalico & Nitro being bumped all the way to the opener to complete the card. It’ll stream at 7:30 pm on CMLL’s YouTube channel – they’re back to normal times for all shows until March.
(I really like Titan/Cuatrero as a match but – to Fuego’s point – there’s no reason it couldn’t have been Fuego/Cuatrero or “someone else different”/Cuatrero. It’s the fourth match on a card that’s really focused on the Dia de Muertos scenery than the matches. CMLL could’ve put Audaz or someone else new in Titan’s spot, just like they put Templario in that spot on Friday night, and it’s obvious how little interest CMLL has in creating new stars when they do things like this. Templario is happening because he’s got the right person behind him, but that’s not a great system for CMLL.)
Guadalajara has Cavernario versus Atlantis for Atlantis’ Mexican Light Heavyweight championship. Like Titan, Cavernario seems likely to lose because CMLL needs him to challenge for a title at all times and that’s tougher to do if he’s already a champ. The difference is Atlantis really shouldn’t be doing singles matches at this point and this would be a good night to get out of them and the right guy to beat him. I don’t expect Cavernario to win but it would be a smart move.
CMLL is starting a look back at the Leyenda de Plata. They mention this year’s tournament will be on 11/16 and 11/23, which means Volador will be defending his title on that second date as part of the Mascara 2000 show.
Segunda Caida is up to episode 9 of this Lucha Underground season.
I’ve got a Lucha Underground things tow rite but I figured I might as well save everything for tomorrow.
+LuchaTV has a new episode of their podcast.
The Gladiatores has an interview with Zeuxis about her career.
Poseidon Jr. took Santana’s mask in Xalapa. This Santana is Yahir Alejandro Preciado, from Tijuana.
CMLL (SUN) 11/11/2018 Arena México
1) Fantasy & Último Dragóncito vs Pequeño Nitro & Pierrothito
2) Eléctrico, Robin, Súper Astro Jr. vs Espanto Jr., Espíritu Negro, Hijo del Signo
3) Camorra vs Yago [lightning]
4) Blue Panther, El Audaz, Stuka Jr. vs Kawato San, Okumura, Templario
5) Atlantis, Místico, Niebla Roja vs Felino, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero
6) Carístico, Diamante Azul, Valiente vs Cavernario, Rush, Terrible
Yago & Camorra get their singles match. Niebla Roja versus Rey Bucanero still seems to be happening.
FLUFENAX (THU) 11/15/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) Hijo del Solar vs ?
the mystery wrestler will be a MMA wrestler
2) Trauma I & Trauma II vs Blue Panther Jr. & The Panther
3) Dr. Cerebro vs Francois Montanez
4) Ricky Marvin vs Jack Evans
5) Heddi Karaoui & Zumbi vs Jean Montanez & Pierre Montanez
6) Lizmark Jr., Mr. Electro, Ramsés vs Charly Rockstar, Cibernético, Zorro
7) LA Park vs Penta 0M vs Rush
This looks like a Montanez promoted show or promoted by whoever they’re working with. Those French MMA brothers showing up for the Mexico vs the World match this week was a hint. At least they’ll have a ring this time.
Some matches are good. That semi-main is not good. I’m unsure the fascination with Silver King as Ramses, except maybe he won’t get in trouble for using that mask.
G21 , LLB , Lucha Memes (MON) 11/19/2018 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) La Magnifica vs Diva Salvaje, Chik Tormenta
2) Dragón Bane & Hijo de Canis Lupus vs Maremoto Jr. & Murciélago Plateado Jr.
3) Negro García vs Perro Callejero, Hijo De Dr. Pólux, Angeluz Fly, Kempo Dragón, Heronia, Pardux, Shadow, El Divino, Fantasma de la Ópera, Carta Brava, Cerebro Negro, Hijo De Brazo De Platino
4) Demus & Gato De Ecatepec vs Akuma & Wotan
5) Ángel o Demonio vs Cuervo (Puerto Rico)
6) Hijo de LA Park & LA Park vs Hechicero & Masada (Texas) and Caifan & Caifan II
This an all extreme show. It’s also a Monday show because that’s a holiday in Mexico that I forget about every year. (That might inform what CMLL does in Puebla on the 19th.) Masada is working the night before for G21 in Irapuato.