The Crash (SAT) 10/06/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [The Crash, Zona Ruda]
1) Danny Limelight & Eli Everfly b Douglas James & Royce Isaacs
2) Jonathan, Súper Caló Jr., Taliban, Xperia DQ Star Boy, Taliban, Viento, Zarco
Rayo Star replaced Cinico, with Taliban moving to the other side in the process. Money thrown in.
3) Flip Gordon b Willie Mack, Austin Theory, Zumbi
4) Hechicero (CMLL) b Daga [ironman]
half hour match, with Hechicero winning 2-1. Daga was about to win, but time ran out for him here.
5) Bestia 666, Fatu, Mecha Wolf b Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero
moved down a spot. A Garza Jr. distraction set up the win. After the match, Bestia and Garza agreed to a hair match on 10/03.
6) El Bandido & Flamita b Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe
moved up a spot
There were plenty of names on this show. It still drew a lower crowd than they were doing before, estimated by Zona Ruda as 70% of the building. They point out there were soccer and boxing events in the proximity. It still feels like they’ve lost something here.
The reaction to The Crash announcing Bestia and Garza in a hair match was not great on line, to put it kindly. Facebook posts announcing the match got a lot of “why is this happening?” negative comments, with a lot of questioning why a non-feud is main eventing the Anniversario show. There was explicitly no feud to it – the idea presented in the ring was Rebelion Amarilla were the best and they were going to show it by fighting among themselves. That didn’t seem to be what people to look for.
Both The Crash and Bestia himself posted videos later on, trying to better explain it. The idea is that Penta, Fenix, Daga, and the CMLL guys won’t accept their hair or mask challenges, so they have no choice to face each other. This would work a lot better if Bestia & Garza had been challenging those guys to apuesta matches, which hasn’t happened recently. The Crash could’ve set up this match pretty easily – Garza was the referee for the Rebelion Amarilla/NGD match just a month ago in a situation that looked like it was setting up something but went nowhere. Either The Crash fell into this idea for their Anniversary main event just recently or it was more important to keep the group together than to build up this match. Neither says great things about how much care was put into this.
The other thing is that explanation explicitly states Penta, Fenix, Daga and the CMLL guys as people who won’t be doing any big match that might get built up in the future. That seems to cause some problems when those guys are still the bigger stars in the promotion. Many of them are on the next show anyway. This doesn’t feel like a good strategy for the long term.
CMLL (SUN) 10/07/2018 Arena México [CMLL]
1) Fantasy & Último Dragóncito b Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Olímpico
tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Oro Jr. b Espíritu Negro, Grako, Metálico
tecnicos took 2/3.
3) Drone, Fuego, Rey Cometa b Misterioso Jr., Sangre Azteca, Universo 2000 Jr.
tecnicos took 1/3
4) El Audaz b Kawato San [lightning]
a little over 7:30. Audaz won with a frankensteiner variant
5) David Finlay, Flip Gordon, Michael Elgin b Euforia, Nitro, Terrible
Nitro replaced Shocker. Team Rest of the World took falls 2/3.
6) Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Matt Taven DQ Diamante Azul, Niebla Roja, Valiente
straight falls, Taven faking a foul in the second.
That main event finish seems like it sets up a rematch, but neither the Briscoes not Taven are listed as working next week.
Details on Blue Panther’s 40th Anniversary show will be announced on CMLL Informa this Wednesday.
LuchaWorld has the latest Lucha Report.
The Crash (SAT) 11/03/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California
The Crash 7th Anniversary
1) Cinico, Star Boy, Viento, Zarco vs ?, Jonathan, Súper Caló Jr., Taliban
2) Torito Negro © vs Xperia, Tiago, Toxin (Estado de México), Rayo Star [The Crash JUNIOR]
3) Oráculo vs Templario (CMLL), Aramis (Estado de México), Douglas James
4) Rey Horus vs Shane Strickland, Austin Theory
5) Tessa Blanchard © vs Reina Isis, Keira Hogan [The Crash WOMEN]
6) Penta Zero M & The King vs Fatu & Mecha Wolf and Cuatrero & Sansón and Adam Thornstowe & Luster The Legend [THE CRASH TAG]
Vacant titles (Bandido & Flamita)
7) Willie Mack vs El Mesías, Michael Elgin, Bárbaro Cavernario [THE CRASH HEAVY]
vacant title (Rey Mysterio)
8) Bestia 666 vs Garza Jr. [hair]
Another complaint about The Crash has been the titles disappearing. They decided to take care of all of that at once. The Crash heavyweight belt was literally designed for Rey Mysterio to wear, so I suspect they might debut a new one here. It is strange that Bandido & Flamita were in a main event 2v2 match on the show Saturday and were stripped of their tag team titles a day later. The idea is they’ll be in Dragon Gate and not able to defend, but they could’ve just defended more. (Bandido is also The Crash Cruiserweight champion and has similarly not been asked to defend that title in half a year.)
Mesias is the favorite to be heavyweight champion. I’d guess Fatu & Mecha Wolf as tag champ so the Rebelion Amarilla can celebrate together at the end. Like with the CMLL Anniversary show, the person who loses their hair will lose it for the first time – and with an equally underwhelming setup. I expect Garza is beating Bestia but I don’t think it’s an absolute lock.