CMLL (FRI) 09/21/2018 Arena México [CMLL, Lucha Central, Marca, MedioTiempo, Notimex, Ovaciones, The Gladiatores, thecubsfan]
1) Magnus & Star Jr. b Akuma & Espanto Jr.
11:49. Magnus & Star took falls 2/3. Signo forgot to kick out in fall 3.
2) Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr., Fuego b Kawato San, Okumura, Virus
12:08. tecnicos took 1/3
3) Cuatrero, Rey Bucanero, Sansón b Esfinge, Stuka Jr., Tritón
14:25. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero b Ciber the Main Man, Scharly Rock Star, The Chris
6:12. Guerreros took straight falls. The Chris was DQed for using the cane in the first. UG used the ropes to beat Ciber in the second and demanded a trios title rematch.
5) Mistico DQ Negro Casas [lightning]
7:26. Casas tied Mistico’s mask to the ropes. While the referee was looking at Zacarias, Mistico came out of his mask and kneed Negro Casas questionably low. The referee turned around and awarded Mistico the win by DQ.
6) Cavernario, Rush, Terrible b Atlantis, Diamante Azul, King Phoenix
13:11. Rudos took 2/3, winning cleanly.
This is the only one of these three shows I’ve seen. It was not good and the only thing going on is the Cl4n/Guerreros feud. With no great interest in that and no follow up from the hair match, this didn’t feel like the week after the Aniversarios how. It felt like a show that could’ve happened at any time.
Mr. Niebla says he’ll be talking to CMLL this week. He’ll probably be back soon. I do not think he’d be doing these interviews about his issue without that rumor about him getting his license taken away, which he shoots down again here.
AAA TV, ELITE (FRI) 09/21/2018 Salón Rojo, Toluca, Estado de México [AAA, ESTO, Lucha Central]
1) Máscarita Sagrada (original) & Mini Psycho Clown b Espectrito & Mini Coco Amarillo
Bonus match. Appeared to be the first match for the original Mascarita Sagrada in 20 years.
2) Keyra, Lady Maravilla, Starfire b Faby Apache, La Hiedra, Lady Shani
Keyra beat Faby and repeated her title challenge. Starfire also challenged Faby.
3) Ciclón Ramírez, Demus, Emperador Azteca b Aerostar, Argenis, Niño Hamburguesa
“AAA” debuts for Elite’s Azteca and Demus.
4) Mamba & Máximo b Rey Escorpión & Texano Jr. and Golden Magic & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
Maximo/Mamba & Wagner/Magic replaced Traumas on 09/21. Wagner betrayed Golden Magic, and the Mercensario beat up the tecnicos post match.
5) Hijo de LA Park, Laredo Kid, Taurus b Joe Lider, La Parka, Pagano
Laredo Kid replaced Puma King on 09/21. This match clinched another win for Elite. A video appeared post-match, with Miedo Extremo & Ciclope challenging Pagano & Joe Lider to a match.
6) Hijo del Fantasma & Psycho Clown b Electroshock & LA Park
Los Mercenarios unmasked and beat up Psycho Clown post-match.
I saw only bits and pieces to this but it seemed to get favorable reviews. Nothing much of importance happened unless you – like the people on this show – are going with the idea that the Heroes Inmortales card was not released by AAA a week ago. They did a big reveal of half of the Antonio Pena Cup field, which is already on that lineup, and Keyra & Starfire made challenges we already knew about. I guess you have to explain things to the TV audience, though they probably won’t be seeing this show until long after that card takes place anyway.
That Heroes Inmortales card is noticeably missing Fenix. AAA still had Laredo Kid get the win to build to the title shot set up in Merida, and the opening video brought up Fantasma also challenging for that title a while back.
It appeared to be the original Mascarita Sagrada in the opener, a borderline Hall of Famer for his influence. It appears to be his first match in AAA since 1998, and maybe his first match in AAA under that name since 1995 (but I may have the minis named wrong.) Sagrada left AAA after a falling out with Antonio Pena; AAA’s certainly working hard at repairing old breakups this year.
The Crash (FRI) 09/21/2018 Auditorio de Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California [The Crash, TJ Sports, Zona Ruda]
1) Star Boy, Viento, Zarco b Animal, Demencia, Silver Star
2) Douglas James, Kody Lane, Tessa Blanchard b Heather Monroe, Matt Vandagriff, Royce Issacs
only 2 of the advertised six people appeared.
3) Soberano Jr. b ACH
4) El Bandido, Flamita, Rey Horus b Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Templario (CMLL)
money thrown in
5) Daga & Volador Jr. b Carístico & Penta Zero M
Volador beat Caristico via mask pull.
6) Gilbert el Boricua b Mecha Wolf 450
Mecha Wolf asked for a rematch.
Have not seen this one yet, but it appears the top four matches all went well to various degrees. Interesting the finish in the semimian didn’t involve Daga or Penta, which would appear to be the more important local feud. The finish to the fourth match was as good as you’d think.
It’s impossible to miss how much smaller the crowd was than usual, by far the weakest crowd in recent times for The Crash in it’s home building. With all due respect to Mecha Wolf, not having the two bigger names from the Rebelion Amarilla (Garza, Bestia) probably hurt. Coming back in two weeks might be too quick, but that seems like the plan going forward. They’ve got the 10/06 show and seem like they’ll be back quick after that.
The Crash’s talk about streaming “every event going forward” lasted 1 event. They did eventually say as much on Facebook, after they had been asked about 15 times. I don’t think we appreciate how good we’ve had it with AAA saying they were going to stream every taping on Twitch this year and actually doing it. Plenty of people say they’re going to do things in lucha libre and few seem concerned with actually living up to their promises.
Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, and Euforia were announced as appearing on 10/06.
LuchaWorld has the latest news update.
Segunda Caida reviews include the Super Calo/Rey Mysterio Jr. dark match from a WCW Nitro that was recently added to the WWE Network.
El Paso is using luchadors in a campaign to get teenagers to try sports and stay away from drugs.
CMLL (FRI) 09/28/2018 Arena México
1) La Guerrera, La Jarochita, Princesa Sugehit vs Dalys, Metálica, Reyna Isis
2) Ángel de Oro, Flyer, Niebla Roja vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Templario
3) Valiente vs Felino [lightning]
4) Hijo de LA Park, Mistico, Soberano Jr. vs Forastero, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero
5) Carístico, Michael Elgin, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Cuatrero, Sansón
6) Ciber the Main Man, Scharly Rockstar, The Chris © vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero [CMLL TRIOS]
This is an overloaded card when Angel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Ephesto and Mephisto are working the second match.
Main event feels too soon for Cl4n to lose the titles back if they’re going to a hair match. But logic is not a big part of this feud.
Michael Elgin returns for the third year, the only outsider in a week before the Gran Prix. CMLL loves Elgin. A singles match with someone should be expected if he’s around for a while. I also believe Elgin wouldn’t be back in CMLL if he could get booked in high profile places in the US. (Kind of surprised we’re not seeing Dark Magic early too, because he probably could use the work.)
We know Cuatrero, Sanson, and Elgin are in the Gran Prix, and it’s a good chance other people in that match will be as well.
Hijo de LA Park getting booked even with LA Park out is a good sign for that relationship.