CMLL (MON) 09/10/2018 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Lucha Central]
1) Ares & Rey Apocalipsis b El Hijo De Centella Roja & Millenium
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Lestat, Pegasso, Rey Samuray b El Malayo, King Jaguar, Sangre Azteca
tecnicos took 2/3
3) Kawato San, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000 Jr. b Esfinge, Flyer, Tritón
rudos took 1/3
4) Felino, Shocker, Terrible b Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Volcano
Rudos took 1/3
5) Cavernario, Diamante Azul, Rush b Atlantis, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles]
Rush & Ultimo Guerrero did not figure in the result. Team Rush took 1/3.
The mystery of the Rush/UG feud ended with no match being built up. It’s still 50/50 they do it next week. None of the matches sound like they were interesting.
The big news from the show was an announcement LA Park would be on next week’s show. Park has only been appearing on Friday Arena Mexico shows so far. That’s true of all the outside talent brought in. LA Park’s wrestled on a November 2014 Elite show in Arena Puebla. He has not worked a Monday night Arena Puebla show in ten years.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico show has Volador versus Cavernario. These two had an excellent match on FantasticaMania 2018, an excellent match in Arena Mexico in 2017, and one & two great matches in 2016. Even with that strong track record, they’re three days out from the Anniversario show and wrestling on a Tuesday show, a good match might be all to expect. They’re probably not doing a clean finish, and probably should be saving their most dangerous stuff for a few days from now. Every Cavernario singles match is fun and this should still at least be that, but this would’ve been more fun with nothing else looming over it.
The rest of the show is a normal Tuesday show. Hijos del Infierno face Atlantis, Kraneo, and Valiente in the semi-main. The Panthers face Hechicero, Shocker and Dragon Rojo. Tiger is the third wheel of Kawato & Okumura against Fuego, Pegasso, and Stigma. The opener matches include another Yago appearance. The show will air at 7:30 pm. Lucha Central has a preview of the show.
Guadalajara has a Rush/Caristico singles main event.
Ring of Honor announced their Honor Club service will air the CMLL Anniversario show. (They list it at 8:30pm ET, it should be 8:30pm CT.) The CMLL Anniversario airing on iPPV is a normal thing now and I thought that’s what this announcement was when it was announced. Given more time, now I’m wondering if it might be ROH just repeating the normal stream on their service while it continues to stream everywhere like usual. It’ll be the same Spanish stream normally seen and it may just be making it more visible to ROH fans. CMLL has said nothing about ROH airing the show, or anything also involving the Friday show. All of the confusion is probably intentional to push people towards tickets. It’ll probably be clearer after Informa.
CMLL advertised Cavernario, Matt Taven, Ultimo Guerrero, Ciber the Main Man, Microman and Cholo for CMLL Informa. The first four are there to talk about the Anniversario. Maybe Microman will talk about last week’s match. I have no idea why Cholo would be on Informa so that’s interesting.
“Klan Kaoz” is officially just “Klan” now, as referred to on CMLL’s Twitter post. Meanwhile, Garza Jr. seems to have replaced Zorro as the face of Promociones Kaoz. They’re bringing in a lot of CMLL people for their October show.
Barbaro Cavernario will appear on the 10/24 & 10/25 Lucha Va Voom shows in Los Angeles, which I think is his highest-profile US booking.
Diario Basta has a good interview with Rush. Rush says he got the “pase lo que pase, no pasa nada” catchphrase from an uncle who was a cholo in the US. Rush mentions his uncle, Septiembre Negro Jr., is battling cancer.
PWPonderings has an interview with Matt Taven about the Anniversario match.
The El Planchitas column says Principe Diamante will be appearing on a telenovela.
AAA’s Heroes Inmortales lineup is out:
AAA TV (WED) 10/03/2018 Auditorio Miguel Barragan, San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí
Heroes Inmortales, 2018
1) Mamba, Máximo, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Juventud Guerrera, Puma King, Taurus and Aerostar, Drago, Laredo Kid
2) ? vs Faby Apache ©, Starfire, Keyra [Reina De Reinas]
set to be 3rd defense (2nd on TV) when announced
3) Bandido & Flamita vs Rey Escorpión & Texano Jr. © and Andrew Everett & DJZ [AAA TAG]
set to be 7th defense (5th on TV) when announced
4) La Parka vs Chessman, Pagano, Hijo Del Vikingo, Súper Fly, Parka Negra, Hijo del Fantasma, Dragón Bane, La Máscara, Averno, Hijo de LA Park, Angelikal, Niño Hamburguesa [Copa Antonio Pena]
5) LA Park & Psycho Clown vs Killer Kross & Murder Clown
6) Jeff Jarrett vs Dr. Wagner Jr. [hair]
Pasion Luchistica had this first, other people confirmed it.
Given Jeff Jarrett’s history, I will not believe the main event happens until he’s in the ring. Some deal where Jarrett gets to be champ and on TripleMania in exchange for a hair match loss makes sense.
Murder Clown & Killer Kross are feuding on Twitter, so I guess Park & Psycho are supposed to be as well.
Bandido & Flamita are indeed getting their tag title shot for winning the TripleMania ladder match. DJZ & Andrew Everett lost the match and will still be getting a tag title shot. It’s the Laredo Kid rules. (Meanwhile, title contender Laredo Kid is in the opener. None of this feels like it matters.)
Starfire hasn’t been around lately so it’s also odd she’s getting a title shot. She was very good, but the stuff is Merida suggested Shani & Maravilla being involved.
There’s an AAA TV taping on 09/30 in Guanajuato listed on AAA’s site, but hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere. We don’t get to see the list of upcoming events – that seems like an easy thing to run thru during a twitch stream, but it’s just not done – so I’m not sure if there’s another taping mixed in, or if AAA’s scaled way back on tapings.
DTU says El Exotico is doing better after suffering a bad injury on Sunday. Exotico posted a video as well. No one seemed to say that day, but it sounds like Exotico was temporarily paralyzed. DTU mentions Exotico left the hospital on their own feet.
+LuchaTV has a new edition of their podcast.
Cancun luchadora Xtabay talks about training in Arena Mexico.
Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo is opening a lucha libre tourist stop.
CMLL (SUN) 09/16/2018 Arena México
1) Bengala & Sonic vs El Coyote & Espíritu Negro
2) La Guerrera, Lluvia, Mistique vs Amapola, La Comandante, Tiffany
3) Black Panther, Blue Panther Jr., El Audaz vs Disturbio, Templario, Virus
4) Ángel de Oro, Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr. vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Máscara Año 2000
5) Valiente vs Sansón [lightning]
6) Atlantis, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Euforia, Negro Casas
The post-Anniversario show is about as good as the actual one. Third match should be good. Valiente/Sanson is a different match.
IWRG (SUN) 09/16/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) Toto vs Chicanito
2) Ángel Estrella Jr. & Shadow Boy vs Death Metal & Guerrero 2000
3) Metaleón & Multifacetico 2.0 vs Demonio Infernal & Séptimo Rayo
4) Chico Che, Freelance, Relámpago vs Cerebro Negro, Ra-Zhata, Shil-Kah
5) Emperador Azteca, Hijo del Alebrije, Imposible vs Dragón Bane, Hijo de Canis Lupus, X-Fly
6) Cuervo, Dark Scoria, Mr. Electro vs Dr. Cerebro, El Mesías, Último Gladiador
Essentially a new card. No title match now, Mr. Electro teams with his new friends instead.
RO (SUN) 09/23/2018 Coliseo Coacalco, Coacalco, Estado de México
1) Musashi vs Limbo Jr., Divo Jr.
2) Dalys vs Lilith Dark
3) Eterno vs Aramis
4) Emperador Azteca & Metaleón vs Centvrión & Warrior Jr.
5) Black Warrior & Último Guerrero vs Black Terry & Negro Navarro
6) Toxin vs Negro Casas
There’s a lot of promotions running on the 16th. RO has the sense to wait for a week later. Toxin/Casas should be fun. Semimain would be Black Terry’s first match this year, after suffering a shoulder injury late 2017.