CMLL (MON) 07/02/2018 Arena Puebla [CMLL, Lucha Central]
1) Black Tiger, Hijo de Centella Roja, Meyer b Ares, Guerrero Espacial, King Rocker
tecnicos take 1/3.
2) Espíritu Maligno, Príncipe Odín Jr., Rey Apocalipsis b Oro Jr., Rey Samuray, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Rudos took 2/3.
3) Princesa Sugehit b Amapola [MEX WOMEN]
Sugehit took falls 2/3 for her fifth defense.
4) El Malayo, Okumura, Olímpico b Drone, Lestat, Stigma
Rudos took 1/3
5) Ángel de Oro, Mistico, Niebla Roja DQ Cuatrero, Mr. Niebla, Sansón
tecnicos took 2/3, the last by DQ (which set up a rematch for next week)
6) Volador Jr. b Último Guerrero
Volador took 1/3.
Princesa Sugehit thanked the fans for their support. Show was said to be just OK, with Tirantes imposing himself in the main event like usual.
Today’s Arena Mexico match is listed as a NGD vs Angel de Oro, Niebla Roja and Diamante Azul main event. The preview CMLL sent to media outlets lists Kraneo in Diamante Azul‘s spot. CMLL seems to have no idea when exactly Azul is coming or going, consistenly listing him as being on shows he will not be on. I guess there’s also the possibility that he’s going to ELITE instead but CMLL would likely stop mentioning him instead of continuing to promote him on Twitter.
There’s no story to the matches today, just matches for the sake of matches. Hijos del Infierno face the Panther kids & Stuka, who assumes Kraneo’s spot. Audaz and Universo 2000 Jr. will attempt to have a lightning match with each other; I think Universo has gotten better this year, but this figures to be a challenge. Drone, Fuego and Pegasso will get at least one surprise pin over Misterioso, Sagrado and Sangre Azteca. There are two more matches with the ex-minis and the actual mini.
Lucha Central previews this show. It’ll air at 7:30pm on CMLL’s YouTube channel.
Puerto Rico’s CWA posted a video from Negro Casas, explaining the situation that led to him being stopped when entering the US and missing their show. (SuperLuchas picked up on this first.) Casas says his work visa had expired a few days before he came to US. Immigration officials held him from 4:30pm that Friday until sending him back home on a plane 6AM that Saturday. He’s been back in Mexico since that time.
When AAA announced an increased amount of TV tapings for July and August on their Televisa show a few weeks back, it seemed to indicate the promotion running both AAA & ELITE shows, and getting a second TV outlet for ELITE. AAA & ELITE notable did not announce a TV partner for their combined show on July 21st at their press conference and have not said anything since. The poster has a generic “taped for TV” logo, and not the Televisa logo usually on AAA’s poster. Maybe an announcement is still coming, or maybe plans have changed again. The next AAA taping that appeared to be actually an ELITE show would’ve been the 08/04 taping in Morelos. However, a lot of people who would be expected to work on an ELITE taping – LA Park & Golden Magic among them – are instead listed as working on a 08/04 Arena Lopez Mateos show. There’s still might be enough ELITE people to run another AAA vs ELITE show, only today AAA listed Psycho Clown, Rey Escorpion, Maximo and others as working in Sinaloa on that day instead. I think the 08/04 taping may have been canceled, and that’d make the 08/18 Mexico State taping a question mark too.
A TV deal and events being canceled is pretty business as usual for ELITE. The bigger issue is AAA’s expanded its roster seemingly with the idea that they’d need to fill out two different promotions. If ELITE is only going to exist for the July 21st show, then it’s going to be a tricky situation to manage all of those people.
Other stuff from the recently updated list of spots shows: Hijo del Dr. Wagner is still listed as working these shows, the AAA Alebrije is back on lineups and the people of are Huajupaan de Leon getting the most C-level AAA show possible.
Pagano was honored as a sports star in Ciudad Juarez as part of campaign to keep children from addictions and promote sports as an alternative. Because there’s definitely not addictions in sports.
Men’s Journal has an article about how to go to lucha libre in Mexico. It’s mostly good, though you probably don’t need to stay at a five-star hotel. They mention CMLL’s training as if you might want to take a class while in Mexico City, nothing you have to pay for a month at a time but they do offer private classes for groups of people. I’ve never heard that before.
Princesa Azul won LLF’s annual Copa Juvenil.
The Crash posted a highlight video to hype Daga vs Matt Riddle.
Segunda Caida reviews LA Park, Hijo de LA Park and Volador Jr. vs Rush, Terrible and Bestia del Ring.
LuchaWorld has the latest Poster-Mania.
CMLL (SUN) 07/08/2018 Arena México
1) Leono & Sangre Imperial vs Camorra & Grako
2) Magnus, Oro Jr., Star Jr. vs Cancerbero, Espanto Jr., Yago
3) Audaz, Blue Panther, Rey Cometa vs Hechicero, Okumura, Templario
4) Pólvora vs Sagrado [lightning]
5) Dragón Lee, Stuka Jr., Titán vs Felino, Rey Bucanero, Shocker
6) Atlantis, Valiente, Volador Jr. vs La Bestia Del Ring, Rush, Terrible [Relevos Increíbles]
Match 3 could be good but otherwise this is probably not a show anyone will be sad about missing. When I say every CMLL title match should be made accessible to people who aren’t in the building, that’s really just an increase of 1-3 matches per month. It shouldn’t be hard. It apparently is very difficult.
Raziel still appears to be in CMLL jail.
IWRG (SUN) 07/08/2018 Arena Naucalpan
1) Chicanito vs Shadow Boy
2) Arquero & Mexica vs Atomic Star & Death Metal
3) Aramis, Freelance, Relámpago vs Hijo Del Mosco X-Fly, Lunatic Xtreme, Psycho Kid
4) Leo, Mike, Rafy vs Demonio Infernal, Diablo Jr., Tortuga Teelo
5) Danny Casas, Hijo del Alebrije, Toscano vs Eterno, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pitbull
6) Emperador Azteca, Imposible, Ovett vs Cerebro Negro, El Hijo del Medico Asesino, X-Fly
IWRG built up a lot of matches this past Sunday and will be following up on only the Ovett/X-Fly one.
CMLL (SAT) 07/14/2018 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) ? vs ??
2) Alas de Acero, Príncipe Diamante, Star Jr. vs Aramis, Audaz, Eléctrico
3) Ángel de Oro, Drone, Niebla Roja vs Esfinge, Stuka Jr., Vangellys
4) Dragón Lee, Flyer, Soberano Jr. vs Rey Cometa, Titán, Tritón
5) La Bestia Del Ring, Rush, Terrible vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón
This seems to be a Munoz focused show, and probably a bigger deal than the Coliseo show running the same day. Vangellys continues to work spot shows while presumably trying to get approved to return to CMLL.
Revolucha (SUN) 07/22/2018 Gimnasio Nuevo León
1) Azarel & Muerte Extrema vs Dranzer & Scravos
2) Lady Flammer vs Star Fire, Princesa Azul
3) Hijo De Dos Caras & Hijo De Octagon vs Epydemius & Hijo del Volador
4) Dos Caras Sr. & Octagón vs Damián 666 & La Bestia Del Ring
5) Dragón Lee vs Último Ninja
6) Carístico, El Patrón Alberto, Rush vs Bestia 666, Garza Jr., Mr. 450
Sort of make-up show for the canceled baseball stadium (in that they probably had to still use most of these people somehow.) Garza Jr. & Ultimo Ninja still booked into July, so I think Meltzer was mistaken about Garza being in NXT already. I still think they’re going, and this might be one of the last chances to see them in Monterrey.
MDA (SUN) 07/29/2018 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Karateka Jr. vs Azteca Warrior
2) Babe Fox vs Komander
3) Demus vs Príncipe Legendario
4) The King vs Laredo Kid
5) Daga vs El Divo
6) Hijo de LA Park & The Tiger vs Emperador Azteca (IWRG) & Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
7) Rey Wagner vs Penta Zero M
8) LA Park vs Blue Demon Jr.
MDA’s 3rd-anniversary show with a lot of singles matches. Odds of clean finishes in the top two matches are low.